6-2

Bits and Pieces

Just how long has she been like that? Seohyun's memory stopped playing at that moment. Was it when Jihyun was three? What exactly happened? Why can't anybody hear her? As Seohyun regained her senses, she found herself standing next to her own body in the hospital. She looked at her unconscious being in disbelief. She decided to keep calm and think, perhaps a part of her memory would return to her.

"Seohyun-ah, how are you doing today? I hope you're doing well." The last sentence said with a tone a little too depressed. As she turned back, it was Yuri, her elder sister. "Unnie bought you your favorite flowers! Sunflowers! Bright and pretty, just like you." Yuri managed with a cheerful tone this time round. Her sister fumbled around with a vase and finally settled it on the table next to the bed. She then sat down and held Seohyun's hands.

"Seohyun-ah...when will you come back to us again? All of us missed you so much. Especially Jihyun, who has been asking for her mother all day long. And Kyuhyun, although he has always been so strong in front of us, so positive, I know it is hard on him all these while. It's really killing him slowly each day. Please...wake up now." Yuri said as a tear slid down her cheeks.

Seohyun felt a dry hot lump in , as her eyes brimmed with tears. She did not know she was causing so much misery to her family members. She blamed herself for being irresponsible, but..how did she land herself in such a situation?

Just then, someone knocked the door and entered. Seohyun turned and looked back, it was Victoria, Kyuhyun's best friend. What was she doing here? Seohyun never liked Victoria as she felt that Victoria always makes use of Kyuhyun whenever she encounter problems with her boyfriend Zhoumi, but she was Kyuhyun's friend, and she respected her nonethless.

"Yuri.." Victoria said softly, as though trying to assess the situation before she makes another mistake that may get her out of the room. "Victoria-ssi, I think I've told you enough that you do not need to visit my sister." Yuri said firmly, as her expression hardened at the sight of Victoria. "I'm..I'm sorry. Please, don't kick me out of the room. I'm deeply sorry for what happened to Seohyun." Victoria said timidly. "Sorry? If sorry can bring her back right now, I would gladly accept your apology. But it doesn't, so please, before I can no longer control myself." Yuri said angrily.

"Yuri-ah, let her stay. And don't speak so loudly. Your sister needs rest." Seohyun and Yuri's mother walked in. "Victoria-ssi, please take a seat. Thank you for taking your time to visit our Seohyun." Their mother smiled at Victoria. "Th-thank you, Mrs Seo.." Victoria said happily while Yuri just sighed.

Why did her sister reacted so harshly when Victoria entered the room? Was Victoria the cause of what's happening to her right now? Seohyun was frustrated with the missing puzzle. Just then, Kyuhyun arrived, as his face turned solemn at the sight of Victoria's presence. "What do you think you're doing here?" Kyuhyun said angrily. "Kyuhyun-ah.." Seohyun's mother tried to interfere but Kyuhyun could hear nothing. "Get out before I get someone to help you."

"You heard Kyuhyun, now leave." Yuri added. Seohyun's mother kept quiet this time round, she knew what Kyuhyun has been going through, and if Victoria's presence affects him more, she is more than willing to ease his pain by not interfering.  After all, Seohyun is his wife, and it was Victoria's fault that Seohyun was in such a state. Victoria blinked severally times before bowing, then left quietly.

"Sorry Mother." Kyuhyun apologized for his behavior and took his seat beside Seohyun. He prepared a wet cloth and started cleaning her face and arms. "Kyuhyun-ah, where's Jihyun? Is she with the in-laws?" Her mother asked. "Yes, mother. I don't really have time to take care of her lately, so I reckon it is better to let her live with my parents for the time being." Kyuhyun replied politely.

"Please take care of yourself. Seohyun has the hospital to take care of her, but you're alone now, please don't tire yourself." Her mother said worriedly. "Yes I will, you too mother." He smiled. Seohyun took a closer look at her husband's face. His once youthful and handsome face has now been edged with tiredness and stress, together with the eye bags surrounding his eyes. It felt as though a knife was stabbed in her heart.

Please bring me back...I need to be back.

Was everything that Seohyun hoped for right now. It was too miserable to see her family suffering like that. What can she do to bring her back to them right now? She has to find a way.

 


I am SO SORRY people. I understand if you guys abandon this story. I would if I were you. I've been so busy with the preparations of my exams for the past few months, and there was hardly any inspirations or space for stories. Right now, I am finally enjoying my three months break after suffering from the stress, I hope I get to write more often. Thank you, whoever you are, for taking your time to read my stories still.

And those who are affeceted by the haze, please take good care of yourself. Drink more water and try to use a mask when you're out if possible! :)