3-3

Bits and Pieces

 

“Unnie, my boss is sending me to Japan for an international conference, I will be there for a week.” Seohyun mentioned as she met Yoona at the café. “A week?! Will you be alright by yourself?” Yoona asked worriedly. “Of course, I’m already 25, Unnie!” Seohyun chuckled. “Besides, I can go find Sooyoung-unnie during my free time.”

“Okay, but be sure to contact me when you’ve reached, ah no, text me every day to let me know you’re safe!” Yoona reminded. “Yeeeessss Eomma!” Seohyun laughed. “Yah! Seo Joohyun!”

“Take care of yourself too, even though I know Taecyeon-Oppa would be more than willing to.” Seohyun said. “Just…just worry about yourself!!” Yoona blushed.

=====

Checking in the hotel in the evening, Seohyun sat on the bed and sigh. She did not know what to do, since the conference starts the next day. She then texted Yoona about her arrival then took her bag and went out for a walk. The air was cool, a little too cold for her liking, but nonetheless, she pulled her coat closer to her body as she took a stroll along the river. Her mind unconsciously wondered if Yonghwa would suddenly appear out of nowhere since the last time they had news of him, it was in Japan. Her strings of thoughts were then broken by the sudden ruffling of bushes and as she turned back, she found herself facing a man in close proximity.

Seohyun fell back since she did not expect someone to be tailing her. The guy moved towards her smirking as she tried to shift back as quickly as she could, limbs weak from the shock. “Wh-what do you want?” Seohyun said, terrified. “What would a young lady do alone on a night like this? You must be lonely.” The guy replied.

“N-no…I’m going back already.” Was all Seohyun could say, she could not think straight at that moment. The guy scoffed at Seohyun’s reaction and kneeled down as Seohyun was cornered. “Let me brighten up your night, pretty lady…” Seohyun forced herself to stand up and pushed the man away, leaving her bag and tried to run away. Unfortunately, it was a wrong move. The man was infuriated and pulled Seohyun back forcefully, resulting in her falling hard on her arm. Seohyun winced in pain, clutching her injured arm tightly as she helplessly looked at the approaching man.

Seohyun closed her eyes shut as the man cursed loudly and was about to hit her on her face and she waited for the palm to land on her face but to no avail. She then opened her eyes slowly as she heard the man suddenly groaned in pain. The man was lying on the ground clutching his stomach. Someone was there to help her. She felt someone pulling her up from the ground and was led to somewhere else.

Her savior stopped in his tracks as they reached a much brightly lighted place. “Th-thank you…so much. I don’t know what to do if you did not help me in time.” Seohyun regained her composure as she bowed at the man who just saved her. “You shouldn’t be loitering around that area at this hour, it’s very dangerous.” Seohyun’s senses sprung to live as she heard the man’s voice. She ran in front of him and looked at his face to verify her doubts. It was Yonghwa.