2-2

Bits and Pieces

 

Seohyun smiled triumphantly as she noticed Changmin walked towards her with his partner for the night. Seohyun did not expect Changmin to be here even though she knew his father’s company was on the list too. Feeling slightly jealous when she noticed the girl’s arms hung around Changmin’s, Changmin’s facial expression was enough to make her happy. He was clearly unhappy, jealous and most importantly..confused.

“Hi, I’m Shim Changmin, this is Lee Yeonhee, my partner for tonight.” Changmin shook the guy’s arms. “Hi, I’m Cho Kyuhyun. This beautiful lady whom I’ve just met a moment ago, is Seo Joohyun.” The guy smiled at him. Changmin secretly smirked. ‘Who needs you to introduce? I know her much better than you, you jerk.’ Changmin’s mind replied angrily. “Hi, I’m Seo Joohyun from Seo Enterprise.” Seohyun offered her hand to Changmin. “Seo Enterprise? You’re Chairman Seo Jin Sook’s youngest daughter?” Changmin said in shock, a little too loudly. “Yes, Changmin-ssi.” Seohyun smiled politely. Changmin, unable to contain his shock, held onto Seohyun’s for a tad too long.

Seohyun then withdrew her hand from Changmin’s forcefully then smiled and nod at Yeonhee. “If you will excuse us, Joohyun-ssi, would you like to go on a dance with me?” Kyuhyun offered. “Of course, and, call me Seohyun instead.” Seohyun smiled prettily as she raised her eyebrow at Changmin and gave her hand to Kyuhyun. ‘This horrible Seo Joohyun! Just wait and see!’

“She’s your girlfriend, correct me if I’m wrong.” Yeonhee said, amused by the scene earlier on. “Yeah, you’re right.” Changmin managed to maintain his composure. He must not show him jealous sight to Seohyun, he’s gonna get her back from that guy. “Shall we dance too?” Offering his hand again, without leaving his stare on Seohyun.

Changmin did it on purpose. Dancing closely to Kyuhyun and Seohyun, never leaving his gaze from them. He wasn’t the typical type of overprotective boyfriend, but Seohyun wasn’t that kind who would make him jealous either. At the switch of music, Changmin forcefully switched partners with Kyuhyun by swinging Yeonhee towards Kyuhyun and grab hold of Seohyun. He felt apologetic towards Yeonhee, but since she understood, she wouldn’t blame him right? Staring into Seohyun’s eyes, his tone automatically softened. When it comes to Seo Joohyun, he has not self-control either. “Care to explain what are you doing here, young lady?” Changmin said. “My father wants me to get another good guy to replace you.” Seohyun said as she smiled. “Your father? Why have you not told me about your father’s company?” Changmin suddenly remembered, he forgot about her background when he saw Kyuhyun holding her on her waist.

“Would that make any difference?” Seohyun raised her eyebrow. “Of course, it would have been so much easier, for us.” Changmin stated, as a matter of fact. “Well, prove it.” Seohyun challenged. Without hesitation, Changmin dragged Seohyun by her arm across the ballroom where his father was talking to other businessmen. “Dad, may introduce to you, my girlfriend, youngest daughter of Seo Enterprise.” Changmin’s father was stunned for a moment, then cleared his throat. “I’ve heard a lot about you, Miss Seo Joohyun. Your capability has left me in awe.” Changmin’s father smiled. “Thank you, Mr Shim.” Seohyun smiled. “Dad! You already know who is she! Why did you still insist on me marrying Yeonhee?!” Changmin said. “You did not tell me it was Seo Joohyun of Seo Enterprise. All you said was Seohyun.” His father leaned in closer and whispered into Changmin’s ears.

“W-what?! So can I call off the wedding with Yeonhee now?” Changmin said. “Since I know you’re not marrying any random girl who’s just after your money, if Yeonhee allows, then yes.” His father smiled. Changmin grinned widely at Seohyun, who could not hide her happiness too.

“Let’s leave this boring place!” Changmin said as he pulled Seohyun out again. “Wait! What about Yeonhee!” Seohyun reminded. “I will message her, Butler Kim will send her back safely. I hope you drove your car here!” Changmin said excitedly. “Yes…but….but where are we going?” Seohyun said, out of breath from all the running. “Somewhere! Anywhere! Everywhere!” He smiled. “With you.”