9-1

Bits and Pieces

Changmin loved professing his love to Joohyun. He wasn't shy at all, and this made Joohyun very frustrated. She had to bear the stares her schoolmates, mostly Changmin's fangirls, and also others who were just standing around, listening to the commotion. It was that serious, until one of her professor actually asked her to accept Changmin to make him stop. Changmin came from a rich family, the only child, with a group of cool friends whom girls swoon over all the time. And Joohyun did not like that, in fact, she had close to zero interest when the group walked past her. It was always Changmin who had to drag her into this unnecessary attention.

Joohyun tried telling him nicely, then scream at him when he would not listen, and ended up resorted to giving him the cold shoulder while rolling her eyes, but nothing ever worked. Changmin would not stop. In fact, it made him even more aggressive than usual. Sometimes, he would even back hug her out of nowhere, and this irks her so much since she could not stand having physical contact with guys except her father and brother. Joohyun tried talking to her brother about it, but sadly, unlike any other protective brothers, her brother would not help. Why? Because her brother, Yunho, is part of the group. He was wildly amused by Changmin's actions, and also his sister's reaction. He did not want to get in the way of them. Of all guys, he would rather let Joohyun date someone he knew well, than any other strangers out there.

"Hi Hyun~ let's walk home together, I'm gonna meet Yunho at your place!" Changmin looked at Joohyun fondly as he hung his arm around her shoulders. "Changmin, please! People are staring!" Joohyun sighed, she was getting used to this, but she still tried to yank his arm off her. "Well then let them! You're mine anyway." Changmin grinned happily as he pulled her closer to him. Joohyun gave up and let Changmin be, though she kept quiet throughout the whole journey. Upon reaching home, she went straight into her room without entertaining Changmin.

"Ya, Joohyun isn't reacting to you anymore. What did you do to her?" Yunho asked as he witnessed his sister walked in the house. "I guess my persistence paid off?" Changmin smirked. "Do whatever, but do not violate her okay! I will come after you personally!" Yunho warned jokingly. "Ya what do you take me for! I genuine love her alright! I would not hurt her!" Changmin said defensively.

Joohyun packed her bag, and changed into her gym attire, before leaving the house as she bid her brother goodbye. She was going to attend her yoga classes which she had been doing so for the past 5 years. It was a good way for her to relax, and to release her stress and frustrations. Upon reaching the room, she placed her mat neatly at a corner as she began her own stretching to prepare herself for the class. "Hi, would you mind if I place my mat beside yours?" A guy in blonde short hair asked. "I just registered for this class yesterday, and it's my first lesson." He continued. Joohyun looked up, as she politely nodded. "I'm Kris, by the way." He said. "I'm Joohyun." She smiled, and continued to stretch.

The class proceeded, as Kris and Joohyun made small talks to each other, with Kris taking the initiative to strike a conversation while Joohyun guided him a little. Joohyun was amused by Kris, since he was very stiff as he struggled to follow the teacher's moves with much difficulties. He fell a few times before getting it right. "I guess I underestimated yoga, I thought I was going to attend some peaceful and relaxing lesson, but now I'm perspiring  like mad, my body is aching." Kris said. "Indeed. I was like you when I just started, it requires strength and determination." Joohyun said. "Yeah, I guess practice makes perfect. Thank you for today." Kris smiled. "I've done nothing, you should thank your own body." Joohyun chuckled. "Well, see you the next lesson." He said, as Joohyun nod and left.

===

"Class, there will be a new guy joining us for the semester, he's Kris Wu." The professor announced. The girls swooned and cheered over Kris's looks when he walked in the room. His sharp stare was attractive, as though they were shooting arrows into the girls' eyes. He gave a confident smile and bowed to the class, before going to his assigned seat. Kris immediately spotted Joohyun at the other end of the class, and she was looking at him calmly, giving him a slight nod as their eyes met.

"Hi Joohyun." Kris approached Joohyun as the class ended. "Hi, I guess we're now classmates too." Joohyun said. "Yeah, it's kind of fascinating isn't it? Should I call it fate?" He laughed. "Perhaps? If you actually believe in it." She shrugged her shoulders. "You don't? Well I do believe in fate. To me, everything is already pre-planned by God." He replied. "Well that's objective, but it may be true, since some things are unexplainable." She said. "Well, you know since I'm new here, can we..."

"JOOHYUN-AH!" Changmin's thunderous voice echoed through the walkway. He smiled happily as he ran towards Joohyun. "Hey let's go for lunch! Yunho's waiting for us!!" Changmin said, as he side eyed Kris, puzzled at the new guy's existence. No guys dared to approach Joohyun openly after Changmin had proclaimed his love for her, so who is this guy? "I'm sorry Kris, my brother is waiting for me at the cafeteria, he has my lunch box. If you don't mind, you can actually join us." Joohyun turned towards Kris, ignoring Changmin. "It's alright, I would like to walk around the school and explore a little, enjoy your lunch!" Kris said as he tapped Joohyun's shoulder and left them.

"Who's that guy?" Changmin asked as he saw Kris walked away. "Just a new guy." Joohyun replied blankly. "Well why is he talking to you?" He continued asking. "Because we coincidentally go to the same gym?" Joohyun said as a matter of fact. "Stay away from him." Changmin announced. "What? Seriously you have no rights to control my life!" Joohyun got a little angry. "He's interested in you, Joohyun!" He retorted. "He's just a classmate, and even he is interested in me, it's none of your business!" Joohyun said coldly as she ignored Changmin and walked towards the cafeteria, leaving Changmin dumbfounded.

"Where's Changmin?" Yunho asked as Joohyun sat down at the table with the rest. "No idea." Joohyun said without looking at Yunho as she took her lunch box and tucked in. "Did you guys quarreled again?" Yunho questioned. "Oppa the food is getting cold." Joohyun reminded. Yunho took it as a cue to stop asking. He knew Joohyun was getting irritated since she always kept quiet when she does. He sighed, Joohyun must have said something to hurt Changmin, else he would not have missed their lunch date that he looked forward to every school day. It was the only time where Joohyun would sit down on the same table as him and he could blabber happily with her around

"Ya what happened between you and Joohyun!" Yunho asked as he found Changmin resting him head on his desk after their lunch break. "Nothing much, I'm just not hungry" Changmin replied lazily. He was unusually quiet, and Yunho would see Changmin like that whenever his sister gave him a hard time. This is getting frustrating for Yunho. At times, he wanted to ask Changmin to stop chasing, not because he was afraid that this would bother his sister, but he was more afraid that Changmin would get hurt deeply is Joohyun ended up not reciprocate to Changmin's feelings. But still, he decided to stay out between the two of them, intervention would only make things worse.

===

"You're early today." Joohyun said as she entered the yoga class. "Yeah, it's good to be early to do a little stretching before the class starts. I guess that would help a little more?" Kris said. "You're right, it does." Joohyun smiled politely. "So..was that your boyfriend? The guy I met at school earlier on." Kris hesitated a little. "He's my brother's friend." Joohyun answered. "Oh I see, he seemed pretty close to you." He added. Joohyun did not reply Kris as she did her own stretching, they were quiet until the teacher came and the yoga lesson began.

"Since it's a Saturday, do you want to go for a cup of coffee? Well I'm just a little bored, since I'm alone in Seoul." Kris asked as the lesson ended. "You're alone? What about your family?" Joohyun asked. "They're in China, my dad was sent there by his company, and they decided to let me continue my studies in Seoul, since they thought it would be better for me to be at somewhere I am more familiar with." He explained. "That's kinda sad right? Well I'm free from now till the evening, so I can join you for a cup of coffee. At least you have a companion for now right?" Joohyun smiled. "That's really nice of you." Kris said sarcastically as the two of them laughed.

"So, tell me more about yourself." Kris asked as he set two cup of coffee on the table for them. "Is this an interview?" Joohyun raised her eyebrow. "Well I reckon I should get to know you more, since we'd be seeing each other often from now." Kris replied. "Well, I live with my parents and my brother, whose in the same school as us too. And I play the piano." Joohyun answered. "The piano? I play the guitar! And I playing basketball." He said excitedly. "That's really cool." Joohyun said as a beep on her phone drew her attention away from their conversation. Her expression began to darken a little as she finished reading the content.

"Hey is there any problem?" Kris asked upon seeing her sudden change. "Um no. But I guess I have to head home. Something minor cropped up." Joohyun explained as she began picking up her bag. "I'll send you home!" Kris offered. "No, it's okay. I will just take a cab. Sorry for today." Joohyun bowed a little as she left in a hassle. Kris sighed, though he was a little disappointed, at least he got to hang out with her even just for a little while.

===

"Oppa! Why can't he come out later!" Joohyun called Yunho as she got on a cab. "Joohyun-ah! It's oppa's fault! I told him the wrong timing, but I'm still having my basketball training. Please! I owe you one!" Yunho pleaded over the phone. "Alright, I want ice cream!" Joohyun grinned. "Anything for you!" Yunho said as they ended the call. "Joohyunnie!!" Changmin waved happily as he saw her approaching. "Hi." Joohyun said as she walked past him to open the door. "Come..." and before he could finish her sentence, she came face to face with Changmin who was following her closely. Her eyes widened a little, face turned into a light shade of pink, before snapping out of her shock. "Make yourself at home, I'm going to study." Joohyun said quickly as she turned around and left for her room, leaving Changmin standing at the living room grinning stupidly to himself.

Changmin's been watching the television for 2 hours, and Yunho was not back yet. He was seriously hungry but dead lazy to move from the couch to get himself food. Just then, Joohyun walked down the stairs heading towards the kitchen. "Have you eaten?" Joohyun stopped and asked him. "No, I'm famished..." Changmin said weakly. "Do you mind if I cook pasta then? We don't have much ingredients at home since our parents our overseas." She offered. "GREAT I love pasta! Let me help you!!" Changmin hopped out of the couch and ran towards Joohyun before she could even reject him.

"Cut the vegetables for me please, thank you." Joohyun said politely, but still very formal to Changmin. She has never opened up to him despite him acting like a clown in front of her. But Changmin did not mind at all, as long as she do not ignore him, every little progress feels like a huge leap for him. Changmin scratched his head as he tried to figure out how to cut the vegetables, he did not want to ask Joohyun because it would be too embarrassing to do so. Clumsily, he picked up the knife and aimed at the spot he wanted to cut through, to only cut his own finger. "ARGH!"

"What happened!!" Joohyun hurried over to his side and saw blood flowing out of his finger. Immediately, she took a cloth and made Changmin press it on the wound, before retrieving a bucket of ice to help slow the blood down. She then took out the first aid box from the cupboard and took out whatever she needed. "I'm okay Joohyun." Changmin said, feeling guilty for the mess he had created. He tried to withdraw his finger from her grip, but she immediately grabbed his wrist to make him stay still. "Oppa stop moving! Your wound will get infected if you do not treat this properly." Joohyun said, focusing on applying the medicine and bandage.

Changmin stared at Joohyun. It was the first time Joohyun called him 'Oppa', and it was like music to his ears. Together with the fact that Joohyun was worried about him made his heartbeat went crazy. "T-thank you Joohyun." Changmin said, as Joohyun closed the first aid box. "It's okay, I should have cut the vegetables myself, go take a rest while I prepare everything." She smiled. Changmin sat on the dining table as he looked at her backview going back and forth to cook their dinner. She is indeed beautiful.