1-2

Bits and Pieces

 

Seohyun managed to drag herself to their bedroom since she was exhausted. Upon entering, she found Kyuhyun reading a book on the bed. Without removing his vision from his book, Kyuhyun asked, “Where did you go?” “Why? I don’t really remember this husband of mine actually cares.” Seohyun replied sarcastically. “I’m asking where did you went, not what you remembered.” Kyuhyun hissed. “I went dinner with a friend. Happy?” Seohyun replied. “A friend? Treating a friend with such intimacy, you definitely have no shame.” Kyuhyun smirked.

“What? Watch what you’re saying Cho Kyuhyun.” Seohyun snapped. “I’m saying you have no shame, your husband had his arms around you and you’re all freaked out making a big fuss. While on the other hand, you’re hugging another guy happily. What would others think about this?” Kyuhyun spat. “Whatever, you would never believe me anyway, why should I explain. And there’s no point explaining, because we’re gonna get a divorce in six months’ time.” Seohyun retaliated.

Without waiting for Kyuhyun’s reply, Seohyun stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. Kyuhyun slammed the book down on the table, took his car keys and went out. “What rights does he have to interfere in my privacy.” She mumbled angrily. Seohyun knew she would be getting into a fight with Kyuhyun since she saw his best friend in the restaurant she and Yunho ate at. Still, she was angry and felt insulted when Kyuhyun said she had no shame. “Stupid idiot jerk.” She cursed. She climbed into bed and managed to sleep without Kyuhyun by her side. She was too angry to care about his whereabouts.

At around 3am, Seohyun’s phone suddenly rang and she sprung out of bed thinking it was the alarm. She then picked up the phone from the table beside the bed, seeing a rare caller on her screen – Donghae calling…

“Oppa..why are you calling at this hour?” Seohyun said politely. No matter how much she detests Kyuhyun, she would still treat his friends with respect. Afterall, they were not the ones involved in this relationship. “Seohyun-ah, I need your help here. Kyuhyun is kinda drunk and Ryeowook and I are at your doorstep. Please help us to open the door.” Donghae said. “Ah..okay. Please wait for a moment.” She then hang up and put on a robe over her night gown.

“Donghae-oppa, Ryeowook-oppa, thanks for bringing him back.” Seohyun bowed as they finally lifted him up the stairs and put him on the bed. “No problem, we should thank you instead, should you not pick up the phone, we would not know what to do with this guy.” Donghae smiled. “Alright, we should go too, rest early Seohyun, goodnight.” Ryeowook said as the both of them smiled at her and left.

“Aish…looks like I won’t be getting any sleep tonight. What’s wrong with this guy anyway, why must he always turn to alcohol whenever we quarrel. In the end, I’m still the one who’s clearing up after his mess.” Seohyun sighed deeply. With much effort, she finally removed Kyuhyun’s clothes and used a wet cloth to clean his body. She did not want to sleep beside a sweaty guy that reeks of alcohol. In the midst of doing so, she was pulled towards Kyuhyun’s chest. “Not again!” She gasped.

However, before she had time to process what was going to happen, her lips were sealed with Kyuhyun’s passionately. There was no use struggling because Kyuhyun pushed her and had her below him. He started to leave a trail of kisses from her forehead all the way to her neck. And much to Seohyun’s reluctance, she was actually enjoying it, heart beating so quickly. It was when Kyuhyun tried to remove her night gown then she managed to snap out of this confusion – They shouldn’t be doing this. “Cho Kyuhyun! Wake up!” She growled, trying to use the maximum volume to wake him up since she might wake up her in-laws too. “I’m sober..” To her horror, Kyuhyun replied as he covered with his hand.

“Then what do you think you’re doing right now? Let me remind you we’re actually a married couple on a contract basis.” She hissed, trying to pull his hand off . “Screw the contract. Have you even thought of me as a man?” Kyuhyun said. Seohyun was taken aback by his answer, she could not give an instant reply. She was confused as to what she has been looking at him as…her husband? Or just a contract partner to satisfy her parents. She was sure it was more to the second one, but now, she was not that sure.

However, her pride did not allow her to say the truth. “O-of course….I’ve not. We’ve been quarrelling since the day we’ve met, how do you expect me to treat you like a man.” Seohyun retaliated. “Oh…Really?” She wondered if she saw a hint of disappointment flashed past his eyes. She instantly regretted her words, her heart fell when Kyuhyun became quiet. “What about you?” She said quietly. She was curious to know his feelings towards her. She was sure he did not treat her like a woman too. They were after all, the same.

“I do..” The alcohol made him daring even though he was sober. “But I didn’t want to slip in deeper. You were so determine to end this relationship as soon as possible. I knew there was no hope for me.” Kyuhyun snorted. “I…” Seohyun muttered. She did not know what to say. “It’s fine. Let’s sleep, I’m tired.” Kyuhyun rolled away from her and faced the other side of the bed.

Seohyun’s feelings were all messed up. She has never experienced such a feeling before. Her heart, it felt absurdly heavy. She could not explain the tears that rolled down silently. “I’m sorry…" She muttered after a while, assuming Kyuhyun has already fell asleep.