1-3

Bits and Pieces

 

Kyuhyun woke up facing Seohyun as he felt the pulsing pain in his head. It took him awhile to remember what had happened last night. He was trying to get intimate with Seohyun, and they started to talk about the feelings they had for each other – She did not have feelings for her as a man. He was only a contract partner to her. Feeling bitter about it, he decided to throw the thoughts to the back of his head and go for a cold shower. He took one last long look at Seohyun’s peaceful sleeping face and got out of the bed.

Seohyun woke up shortly after Kyuhyun went into the bathroom. She suddenly did not know how to face him after their conversation yesterday. She then decided to proceed downstairs to help her mother-in-law with breakfast. This would allow her to steer clear of Kyuhyun for a while, she could start preparing when Kyuhyun is off to work. That way, she would not feel awkward. She still needed time to make things clear for herself.

“Good morning, Seohyun-ah, you’re early today.” Kyuhyun’s mother said cheerfully. “Good morning to you too, Mother. I would like to help you prepare breakfast.” Seohyun greeted back. “Thank you Seohyun-ah, but I’m already done here. Why don’t you help me get your father and Kyuhyun down for breakfast.” Her mother-in-law suggested. “Sure.” She smiled. She informed her father-in-law that breakfast was ready, and then dragged herself to their room. As she entered the room, she was shocked by the scene in front of her. Kyuhyun only had a towel wrapped around his waist. “Yah! Can’t you get dress in the bathroom?” Seohyun hissed, face started to turn a crimson red. “Why? This is also my room. I can do whatever I want.” Kyuhyun smirked. “Please have some respect for me.” Seohyun snapped as she rushed out of their room.

Breakfast was as usual, she was the shy daughter-in-law they had, but they loved her just like that. On the other hand, Kyuhyun was exceptionally quiet today. He would usually teased his mother about the food she made, or would talk to his father about soccer matches. Today, he remained quiet and finished up quickly. “I’m done eating, going to work now.” Kyuhyun bowed slightly and left the table. “Wait a minute Kyuhyun, this morning Seohyun told me she’s sending her car for servicing today. Please send her to work.” His mother said. “Is that so? Alright then. Finish up, I will be waiting outside.” Kyuhyun said as he walked towards the door.

Seohyun sighed silently as she finished her breakfast as soon as possible. She then took her handbag and dragged herself out. Kyuhyun was already waiting inside the car for her. She took a deep breath then entered the car. The whole journey to her music studio was in silence. When they finally arrived, Seohyun shifted uncomfortably and faced Kyuhyun. “Look..I wasn’t thinking right last night, I hope you did not take my words seriously.” “It was just a random question, you do not need to think so much about it. I was just kidding anyway.” Kyuhyun replied, staring impassively ahead. “R-Really…? Alright then..thanks for the lift.” Seohyun said as she rushed out of the car before her tears fell. “Seo Joohyun, why are crying?” She mumbled to herself.

On the other hand,Kyuhyun arrived at the company’s carpark. He pulled the handbrake and stared into the empty space ahead of him. He hit the steering wheel and growled in frustration. He knew he screwed up another chance to make up with her. Kyuhyun knew he had upset Seohyun greatly since he could hear her voice trembling slightly as she left the car. Seohyun had always put up a brave front in front of him, and to think she broke down last night. Something is wrong, and it pisses him badly that he could not figure things out.

=====

“Unnie…” Seohyun turned up at Yoona and Yuri’s apartment without informing them beforehand. “Seohyun-ah! What are you doing here! What happened to you!” Yoona shrieked at the sight of Seohyun’s drunken state. It was unusual to see the youngest acting out of hand since she was the most sensible one. Something must have upset her for her to resort to alcohol. “Unnie..I’m fine..I just…had some…wine. Join…me?” Seohyun managed to piece out her sentences since she could no longer think properly.

“Come here, aish you silly girl.” Yuri said as she and Yoona helped Seohyun in their house. Yuri hurried to the kitchen and made some ginger tea to help Seohyun get rid of the alcohol in her body, if not all, at least a little to make her feel comfortable. “Unnie…I’m confused…” Seohyun said as tears started streaming down her pretty face. “Kyuhyun…He asked if I see him as a man last night…I said something that hurt him…I’m regretting now.” She sobbed as she explained. “He’s not even fighting with now…” She sobbed harder. The two sighed, they knew about her marriage proposal, and went all out to reject since they knew things would go the way they wanted. After all, something would definitely happen when a girl and a guy lives together.

“You fell in love with him Seohyun.” Yuri blurted out. It was an obvious fact, but Yoona nudged her arms, she wasn’t sure if Kyuhyun was the guy for Seohyun, and she didn’t want Seohyun to risk her feelings. “Have he said he love you?” Yoona asked, trying to clarify things. “He said…he see me as a woman, but he refrained himself from slipping in too deep since he feels that I’m all out to end this relationship.” Seohyun said, calming down after a while.

“What about you? I’m sure you’re feeling something for him. This is the reason why you’re so upset when he started to give you the cold shoulders, right?” Yoona said. Seohyun nodded her head slowly…maybe she was starting to understand her feelings slowly. Kyuhyun was considered her first, she did not know much about love. Most importantly, she did not have a good impression of Kyuhyun in the beginning. Of course she wouldn’t realize her feelings for him. “Unnie…thank you…I should get back now. It’s getting late, and you girls need to rest too.” Seohyun said. “Stay here for the night, you have not recovered from the wine, it’s gonna be dangerous.” Yuri suggested. “Alright…thanks unnie!” Seohyun smiled, grateful to have her best friends with her, giving her advices. She then went to the guest room to clean up and change into clean clothes before falling into a deep slumber.

=====

“Urgh…where did that girl went to?” Kyuhyun said as he paced up and down their room anxiously while looking at his phone to see if she left any messages for him. “Is she with that guy again?” He mumbled irritably. He picked up his phone and dialed her number, but soon ended the call before it rang. No, he was not going to show his concern for her, since she has already rejected her affection. If she wants to be contract partners, then so be it. He scratched his head furiously and threw his body onto the bed, moving around before he finally fell asleep.

=====

 “Let’s talk.” “Where the hell did you went last night!” Both mentioned at the same time. Seohyun was serious and mentally prepared, while Kyuhyun was fuming mad. “Answer my question first.” Kyuhyun seemingly soften his tone, he was afraid he might screw things up once more. “I stayed over at Yoona and Yuri unnie’s place. I needed their advice.” Seohyun explained calmly. “Then why the hell did you not inform me beforehand?” Kyuhyun said, he was pissed since she had made him worried the whole night. “Kyuhyun, we do not have such a practice, do we? I’m sorry if I made you worried.” Seohyun said, maintaining her composure. “Whatever. I’m going to work.” Kyuhyun snapped as he started to walk away. “Hold on.” Kyuhyun felt a pull at his wrist. “What?” He asked coldly. “Let’s not do this anymore, let’s end this contract now. I’m sick and tired of it already.” Seohyun said courageously.


The next chapter will be the last for Seokyu ;)