4-4

Bits and Pieces

 

Seohyun wrapped herself tightly with her trench coat that she wore over her prom dress as she sat down at the bus stop, waiting patiently for Changmin to collect her. She managed to convince Changmin to pick her up at a nearby bus stop because she did not want him to find out where she and Yunho were staying. A black Mercedes stopped in front of her after awhile as the window screen was winded down. "Seohyun-ah! Hurry in or you're gonna freeze!" Changmin shouted over to her. Seohyun smiled as she walked briskly towards the passenger seat.

"Thank you for giving me a ride, Changmin." Seohyun smiled as she put on her safety belt. "It's something I should do, else the girls would kill me if I did not bring you safely to the party." Changmin joked. The ride was comfortable as they chatted lightly, and soon enough they have already reached the hotel where the prom is held.

The server offered to take their coats and Changmin was overwhelmed by Seohyun's appearance. Sure enough, she was already pretty, but the dress actually added factors to her already beautiful appearance. He then offered his arms to Seohyun as she hook hers arounnd gracefully. Eyes were on them as they walked into the ballroom. It was no doubt, everyone were looking at them in awe, everyone except one.

Yunho stood at the corner of the ballroom with the other professors. His eyes were on Seohyun the moment she stepped in. It was difficult to not notice as almost everyone directed their attention to them. Seohyun then caught his eyes and smiled at him apologetically, clutching her fourth finger tightly. She knew Yunho felt uncomfortable with her attending prom with Changmin as her partner, but on the other hand, he did not want to restrict her to attend the last prom of her life before she stepped into the working society.

=====

"Oppa...Changmin invited me to prom as his partner." Seohyun said cautiously as the two of them sat down comfortably at the living room watching a movie together. Yunho took awhile to digest this,and he did not know if Seohyun would like his initial reaction should he react without thinking."Hmm..So did you agree?" Was all he could manage. "Yoona and the rest forced me to attend, and Changmin didn't have a partner, so they kinda force it upon me. But...if you do not like it, I can tell him I'm not going." Seohyun said as she cuddled Yunho tightly, hoping to reassure him.

Of course Yunho would want to disagree, but that would mean he did not trust Seohyun. But it was not Seohyun he did not trust, it's Changmin. He always knew that kid had something for Seohyun. Seohyun was just too innocent to sense anything."It's your last prom, I'm sure you would like to have some fun with the rest of them. Go on, I will be there too." He concluded that as long as Seohyun enjoyed herself, he would not mind keeping in his jealousy just for that evening.

......

"Thanks oppa!"

=====

Seohyun joined the rest of the girls as they chatted. All of them were teasing about how other guys are gawking at her beauty while the girls are throwing glares at her. Changmin was with Kyuhyun as he did not bother to get a partner nor agreed to any invitations. He said he just didn't felt like it.

The prom ended on a happy note, and Seohyun was on Changmin's car again. However this time round, the direction was not towards the bus stop that Seohyun requested. To her surprise, it was actually Yunho's apartment. He came to a stop and turned around to look at Seohyun. "Why are we here?" Seohyun tried to remain calm. "I know you're staying with Professor Jung." Changmin said.

"Changmin, you've mistaken...why would.." "I followed him back when he insisted on sending you back home and did not want to tell us your address." Changmin cut in. "Changmin, you...I'm sorry I need to go." Seohyun said as she tried to leave. "Seohyun! You know this is wrong, if the school finds out, both of you will be in trouble!" Changmin reasoned. "We did not do anything against our conscious, Changmin! It's not wrong to fall in love." Seohyun replied. "It's not wrong to fall in love, but it is when he's your professor! What would the other think of you?" Changmin said angrily.

"We're graduating, and he's leaving the school for another career. We've talked in out, everything will be fine." Seohyun said. "Changmin, I know you have always been a really good friend. I really hope you can understand." This time round, it was Seohyun who was begging. "Please..."

"And I thought I had a chance with you." Changmin murmured softly. "I'm really sorry Changmin. You will find someone better. I hope this will not change anything between us." Seohyun smiled as she took her purse and left.

Seohyun pressed the elevator button as she leaned back against the wall and sighed. She felt guilty but right now, Yunho was waiting for her at home. After all these, there was nothing more but to feel Yunho's arms around her. She opened the door and found Yunho smiling warmly, waiting for her at their favorite spot, the couch.

Her fiancé...

 


 

Thank you people! :')