5-2

Bits and Pieces

 

Seohyun sat down in the living room as she stared blankly into space. Many thoughts were running through her mind, she didn't know what to believe anymore. Just an hour ago, she called Jaejoong's mother to ask if his grandmother's condition has stabilized. In the end, she found out that Jaejoong had only called to ask if his grandmother was fine, and was never physically there, stating that he was busy with work, and would try to visit as soon as possible.

Just what was Jaejoong keeping from her?

After trying to dial his phone for the past half an hour, sending his countless message, she decided that she had enough of this mind games that she had been battling with herself the whole day. What was so confidential that he had to keep her in the dark. Obviously he had another form of business outside. Maybe he really did lost interest in her and have been meeting another girl outside.

"Unnie..can I stay over your place for the night? I don't wish to be alone." Seohyun said as she packed a few pieces of clothing that could last her for a night or two. Yoona could sense that Seohyun was in no mood to explain her troubles over the phone, hence, she simply agreed and asked her to come safely.

"Seohyun-ah...come in quick, it's freezing cold out there." Yoona said as Seohyun walked in. "Thanks unnie, for having me over. I hope I'm not interrupting." Seohyun apologized. "Of course not, you're my favorite girl. Now...I've prepared your room for you, go in and settle down, then come to me when you're prepared." Yoona smiled as she pushed Seohyun lightly to her room.

It was all too familiar for Seohyun. In fact, that existing room was Seohyun's before she happily told Yoona she was going to stay with Jaejoong since their relationship was stable and serious after two years.

Seohyun left her room and found Yoona at the living room reading a book. She then sat down beside her and placed her head on Yoona's shoulders, causing the other to put her book down and divert her full attention to her.

"Unnie...I'm really lost. Jaejoong...he...I haven't been able to contact him for the past few days. In fact, he went missing three days ago, until he turned up last night, telling me his grandmother was in a critical condition and he couldn't contact me because he phone was low on battery. Just today, I found out that he had actually taken a two weeks leave from work three days ago. And...he did not visit his grandmother." Seohyun said, stopping at times to catch her breath and maintain her emotions.

"He did not contact you today?" Yoona said in surprise. "Yeah, he didn't. Unnie...I'm scared. What do you think he is hiding?" Seohyun said weakly. "For now, let's just wait for him to explain before jumping into any conclusions, Seo. You're gonna overstress yourself." Yoona said encouragingly.  "Yeah..thanks unnie. I just...just hope that he's not in some sort of danger." Seohyun sighed.

=====

Jaejoong entered the apartment at 1am. He was sure he would be expecting Seohyun at the living room waiting to give him another round of interrogation. And he would have to come up with another excuse again. However, to his surprise, Seohyun was not in the living room. Neither was she in their room. He checked the study room and found no one. Starting to get worried, he dialed Seohyun's number, but was greeted by the operator. He then dialed Yoona's number, hoping that Seohyun would be with her at this hour.

"Hello." Jaejoong heard Yoona's voice, sensing her unpleasant tone from her simple greeting. "Hey Yoona, is Seohyun with you?" Jaejoong asked timidly, obvious to the fact that he's gonna be in deep trouble with Seohyun's best friends. "Jaejoong-oppa, I know I'm in no position to into your relationship. But Seohyun is like my sister, and you hurting her means war with us. Do you understand?" Yoona said harshly. "Yeah...I know, I'm sorry. But I really need to speak to her, please Yoona, just this once?" Jaejoong said. "As much as I would like to hand the phone over to her to stop her misery, she's finally asleep. You can call her tomorrow." With that, Yoona hung up on Jaejoong. Jaejoong sighed, pondering if he should just tell Seohyun the truth.

"Thanks Unnie...I guess I'm just afraid of knowing the truth." Seohyun admitted. "Seo...I'm  helping you this time round, but a word of advice, don't run away from your problems, you might hurt yourself even more." Yoona sighed. "I know...I promise I will talk to him tomorrow. Just let me think through tonight." Seohyun nodded her head.

 


Hi people, I hope you're enjoying the stories so far. As much as I want to write stories about your bias, I would need the right person for the stories that comes up in my mind. Really sorry, but I promise I will definitely use the same characters on a different story. I just need to have the right plot. ;) Meanwhile, enjoy~