7-3

Bits and Pieces

Joohyun opened her eyes as she heard whisperings outside. She looked around her surroundings and realized the unfamiliarity. She then took awhile to recall her memory before she lost count of what had happened. She tried to sit up, but the wound was still fresh and she winced a little from the pain the movement caused. Resigning to her circumstances, she lied back on the bed, trying to think about what she should do the next step. Her phone is in her car, which meant she had no mode of communication unless she managed to find a phone in the mansion.

Looking around the room, Joohyun unintentionally spotted a photo frame of a young girl and boy on the shelf at a corner. Out of curiosity, she sat up slowly and carefully, trying hard not to inflict more pain on her hips, finally standing in front of the shelf. She could not hide her shock, as she realized the young girl in the picture resembled her so much, every features, and the clothes the young girl in the picture wore, she had all of them when she was at that age. Could there be such a coincidence?

Joohyun failed to realized Yonghwa's entry to the room, as she remained rooted to the ground staring at the photo. "Seo Joohyun-ssi, are you feeling better?" He tapped her lightly on the shoulders. "Seo Joohyun-ssi?" It took a moment for Joohyun to respond as she jumped a little at the sudden distraction. "Ye-yes!" She was a little flustered, as though she got caught doing something secretly.

"The servants have prepared breakfast for you, you should eat a little before taking your medicine the doctor has prescribed. How did you sustain such an injury? The doctor said it could have been much worse should the wound was deeper..." Yonghwa mumbled on to Joohyun who was deep in her thoughts. "Who is that girl?" Joohyun blurted out before Yonghwa could finish his sentence. "That girl? Oh you meant the young girl in the picture? She's a childhood close friend of mine whom I've lost contact ever since she moved away. I've never seen her since she's 10." Yonghwa smiled slightly as he explained to Joohyun. "What about her made you curious?" Yonghwa asked. "Nothing. I thought she was your sister." Joohyun made up a lie as she turned her back from the picture. "Let's go."

===

"Minho, where is Joohyun?" Kyuhyun asked his close friend who was also part of the Cho clan. "Joohyunnie? The last I've saw her was at the resort. But she did not turn up today, perhaps she has things to do?" Minho replied as he continued reading his files. "But I did not hear from her last night, which is pretty unusual. I can't get through her phone either." Kyuhyun frowned. "Hyung, maybe she needs some time away from you, are you too possessive?" Minho teased his troubled friend. "Ya..the two of us are already having a very independent relationship. Since when was I possessive? Besides, Joohyun has never felt this way. And I'm sure I'm..." "Hyung! I'm just kidding! Stop being so nervous. Joohyunnie is highly skilled, she will be fine!" Minho chuckled at his friend's reaction. "I'm sure she will contact you by today, she's someone who's responsible! I'm leaving, the resort needs me." Minho assured Kyuhyun as he gave him a squeeze on his shoulder before leaving the room. Kyuhyun massaged his temples as he tried to relax himself. 'Yeah Joohyun will never let me worry..' He thought.

===

"Why are you treating me so well? I broke in and stole your family's document. Shouldn't you be threatening me or something?" Joohyun put down her fork as she look at Yonghwa. "You wouldn't tell me anyway, would you? Besides, I shouldn't leave an injured lady there suffering, that's not right." Yonghwa replied casually. "So I can leave already?" Joohyun raised an eyebrow. "Of course not, why do you think I engaged so many of my men to bring you back. I want the document in exchange for your freedom. Contact Cho Kyuhyun and ask his man to bring the document over." Yonghwa smiled at Joohyun. 'That annoying smirk, I'm going to wipe it off some day.' Joohyun thought as she shot him a glare before grabbing the phone that Yonghwa held out to her.

Joohyun dialled Kyuhyun's number and he picked up the phone almost immediately. "Kyuhyun.." "Seo Joohyun! Where were you! Whose phone are you using? Are you alright?" Kyuhyun shot her questions after another upon hearing voice over the phone. "Oppa, I'm fine. I'm at Jung Yonghwa's mansion, currently as a hostage." Joohyun said as a matter of fact. "What?! What does he want?" Kyuhyun was enraged, how dare the Jung family's second son capture his girlfriend. "He wants the document back." Joohyun paused and glance at Yonghwa before continuing. "You don't have to oppa, I would still be able to escape sooner or later." Joohyun said.

Yonghwa was amused at Joohyun's overflowing confidence. He must have looked like a weak target in her eyes. He chose to keep mum and listen to her conversation instead of snatching the phone over and threaten the Cho's ruler. There wasn't a point to create a war between the two strongest clan, he just wanted what was rightfully theirs. Joohyun ended the phone call as she passed the phone back to Yonghwa. "Seo Joohyun-ssi, I supposed Cho Kyuhyun-ssi will be coming over personally? It would be my pleasure to finally meet the capable Cho clan's ruler." Yonghwa said, grinning happily. This is getting interesting. Joohyun ignored him as she continued stabbing at her plate. She obviously had no time for whatever Jung Yonghwa is up to. She had things to settle at the resort and there's only two more hours before the meeting with the directors starts.

Kyuhyun arrived almost immediately after the phone call from Joohyun. He was worried that Jung Yonghwa would do something to harm her to revenge, after all, there was never a thing called fair play in their trade. Putting on his stern expression, he demanded to see the guy who captured his fiancée. He didn't care if they just lost another chance to bring down the Jung family, as long as Joohyun is safe.

The guards did a thorough check to search for any possible weapons, before leading him to the living room of the mansion. He found Yonghwa and Joohyun both sitting there in silence. While Joohyun had an annoyed look plastered on her face, Yonghwa was actually staring at Joohyun. Kyuhyun did not like the way Jung Yonghwa was looking at Joohyun. As a guy himself, such longing stares represented interest, and interest in his fiancée would be equivalent to declaring war with him. He must hurry hand over the document and bring Joohyun out of this place, out of Jung Yonghwa's sight.

"Kyuhyun-oppa!" Joohyun almost hopped out of her seat as she noticed Kyuhyun walking towards them. She almost forgotten about her wound as she suddenly clutched her hips in pain. "Yah Seo Joohyun! Your wound! Please be careful!" Yonghwa subconsciously nagged, showing too much concern to a mere stranger, to only earn another glare from Joohyun. "Joohyun-ah, are you alright? Did he hurt you?" Kyuhyun rushed towards Joohyun upon seeing her in pain. He then looked up and glared at Yonghwa who just stood rooted to the ground, looking at Joohyun worriedly, ignoring his presence. "Oppa, I'm fine. Jung Yonghwa did not hurt me, someone else did." Joohyun explained. Still, Kyuhyun did not stop glaring at Yonghwa, he walked over and threw the document on the table. "This is what you wanted, now, please excuse us as I need to attend to Joohyun." Kyuhyun said coldly as he walked back to Joohyun, slowly escorting her to his car.

Jung Yonghwa looked on as Joohyun's frame disappeared from his sight. He sighed as he took the document and passed it to Butler Kim, whom was at a corner of the room observing the whole time. "Butler Kim, it's her right?" Yonghwa said, eyes not leaving the exit where Joohyun had left.