7-1

Bits and Pieces

It was 1am in the morning, Joohyun crept silently along the pavement of the huge mansion. Dressed in black overalls, revealing only her eyes, she only has one mission today, that is, to steal the secret document that the Jung family possessed. With the document, her clan would be able to bring down the Jung family, and become the strongest of all. "I have faith in you." Was what Kyuhyun told her before she executed the mission. Kyuhyun was the clan's leader, and also her fiancé that she was betrothed to when she was just a 15 year old teenager. Her family was indebted to the Cho clan thus her parents made such a decision to marry her to the Cho's family only son.

Joohyun slipped carefully into the room, not forgetting to check the surroundings, and began her hunt for the document. She had to use her instincts since the room was dark, with only the moonlight faintly shone in from the window at a corner. She could barely make her way around the room. She finally found the safe, which she assumed that the secret document would be contained, and immediately took out a device to unlock it. After awhile, the safe was opened, and she smirked at her accomplishment. Joohyun retrieved the document and as she kept it safely, tucked between her inner and outer wear, then slowly and carefully walk towards the door.

As she closed the door gently, her arms had suddenly been pulled back by another hand. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" It was the Jung's family second son, Jung Yonghwa. Despite his anonymity from the media, Joohyun did enough research to recognize him from his voice, she was after all, a highly skilled assassin. Without replying, she immediately pulled her arm back and twisted them, giving her the advantage to release herself from Yonghwa. He however, had nimble limbs too, and managed to grab her on her shoulders pulling her to face him. While Joohyun struggled, Jung Yonghwa was able to remove her mask, as her hair spread across her shoulders from the sudden attack.

Jung Yonghwa took awhile to stare into Joohyun's eyes, mesmerized by the clarity of her iris. Joohyun took the chance to kick Yonghwa hard in his knee as he kneeled down on the ground, groaning in pain. She immediately fled the scene, with the document safely in her arms, satisfied by herself. Yonghwa chuckled at his own foolishness and he wondered what was the thing that the lady had to steal, in the middle of the night. His eyes were then attracted by a shining object on the ground. It was probably left by the lady he encountered, an anklet. As he looked closely, he found an engravement on it. It read 'SJH'.

"Butler Kim, help me find ladies who are active in clans with the initials of 'SJH'." Yonghwa informed his right hand man, who is also his butler since young. Despite being the second son of the Jung family, Yonghwa was actually in charge of their family's clan. His older brother had rejected the position since he had his own dreams to fulfill. Yonghwa, being a good brother, took up the role and managed the affairs of the clan. His butler left the room quietly as Yonghwa continued staring at the anklet that was left by Joohyun. He is going to find her and question her purpose for breaking into their mansion.

===

"Great job, Joohyun." Kyuhyun smiled as he looked over the document that Joohyun had brought him. "I hope this is the document you've been looking for." Joohyun replied looking out of the window of Kyuhyun's office. "Yes it is..it must be really hard on you." Kyuhyun replied as he set the document safely in his drawer, before shifting his gaze onto Joohyun. "The second son of the Jung's family almost caught me, but his moment of hesitant gave me a chance to escape. I should be thankful." Joohyun smirked. Kyuhyun approached Joohyun as he hugged her from the back, inhaling the scent of her hair. "To thank your effort, dinner will be on me, your favorite restaurant." Kyuhyun said as he rest his head on Joohyun's. Joohyun smiled as she took a moment to enjoy Kyuhyun's embrace. Their relationship had developed over the years with trust, though Joohyun had no idea if her feelings towards Kyuhyun was love or just gratitude, she knew that she could always count on him when things get tough. Kyuhyun had always been someone who gave her advice, just like an older brother, ever since her parents left the world when she was 15.

 


 

New story! I had a dream last night, and I knew I had to write this story..I hope I can continue this well, and of course, you guys will enjoy it. I'm sorry if it's not the pairing you wanted, but I don't think any pairings can fit this story here.