8-3

Bits and Pieces

"Seohyun-ah! Good luck for your performance tomorrow! I'm sure you will do well, just like always!" Taeyeon said as her other friends crowd around her and gave her strength. "We will be peeking from the entrance!" Hyoyeon added. "Thank you all!" Seohyun smiled sincerely. She was seriously looking forward to it as the occasion was meaningful, to be able to play at the senior's graduation ceremony was something she did not imagine. "I got to go now, gonna practice a few more times and prepare myself. See you girls tomorrow!" Seohyun waved as she made her way home.

Seohyun plugged in her earphone as she listened to the piece she was going to play tomorrow. She was looking around her surroundings happily, until she saw something, or rather someone, who captured her attention. "Baek Jisung, give the ring back!" Yunho said as he grabbed onto the guy's arms. "I've got no time for you, can't you see I'm busy? Get lost!" The guy shoved Yunho's hands away as he continued taking things from the shop putting them into his bag. "I said give it back, that thing belongs to Jeong, it's important to him!"

"What are the two of you doing!" Seohyun couldn't hear the conversation between Yunho and Jisung but she saw the shop owner came out angrily as he approached the both of them. She then took out her earphones. "How dare you steal things from my shop!" The shop owner shouted. Upon seeing the situation, the guy ran away, ing the bag into Yunho's hands, with the contents spilling out all over the place. The shop owner held onto Yunho, afraid that he would run away too. "I did not steal any of this." Yunho said calmly. "Ha! Evidence all clear and you still dare to deny? Tell these lies to the police!"

"Sir! He did not steal any of this!" Seohyun walked up, as she tried to clarify with the shop owner. "Stay out of this, Seohyun!" Yunho said as his eyes were telling her to back off. "I witnessed the entire process, it was that guy who was chucking the stuff from your shop into this bag. Yunho did not help him." Seohyun continued, without listening to Yunho. "Are you part of this? Were you an accomplice together with that two guys? Such young age and you learn to steal!" The shop owner continued to make a scene. "Sir, I'm sure you have installed a camera in your shop, before you throw any accusation at us, I would like you to check the camera." Seohyun said firmly.

"That's enough, Seohyun. Leave!!" Yunho said. He did not want Seohyun to get into trouble. The shop owner felt humiliated by Seohyun's words, and he started to insult Seohyun and Yunho together. "Sir, I am going to sue you if you continue to act like that!" Seohyun was starting to get angry. She took out a piece of paper, wrote her number and name down, it into the shop owner's hand and said "Check the camera, if you still think that we were the one who shoplifted, call me. I'm not afraid anyway." After that, she grabbed hold onto Yunho's arm and pulled him away, leaving the angered shop owner behind.

After a distance, away from the crowd, Yunho pulled on Seohyun and stopped her. "What were you thinking? You think I'm going to be thankful for what you've done? You could have gotten yourself into trouble!" Yunho said angrily. "Then tell me what I've said was right, you were not part of that guy right? You did not steal right?" Seohyun retaliated. Shock and disappointment flashed across Yunho's eyes as Seohyun's words were thrown at him harshly. "Why should I clarify with you? Who are you to me?" Yunho said coldly, clearly his tone changed drastically. Seohyun turned silent for awhile, regretting those words she said, realized that she was indirectly accusing Yunho for taking part in shoplifting. "I-I...I don't mean it. I'm sorry. I know you did not do anything, I saw it." Seohyun said softly. "So what? It's none of your business. I've told you before, I'm used to getting judge by others, you're just like the others." Yunho said as he turned around and walk away, leaving Seohyun behind.

Seohyun stood rooted to the ground as she thought about Yunho's words. She had hurt him with her accusation. She could have trusted him without questioning him, but she still proceeded with clearing her own doubts. She mentally cursed herself for being so stubborn, as her heart hurt a little for Yunho's reaction. Walking home, she couldn't help but to tear a little. The good feelings between her and Yunho was ruined in her own hands.

Yunho could not sleep the whole night. He regretted saying such words to Seohyun, but he indeed was disappointed that Seohyun doubted him. Did he left such an impression on her? Would they still be able to talk like before? Thoughts like these kept crossing his mind, and he was sure he would have heavy eyebags on his graduation ceremony the next day.

===

The next day, Seohyun wore a white dress and some light make up for the event. She was feeling a little tired from the quarrel yesterday, she hardly could have a peaceful sleep without thinking about Yunho. "Seohyun-ah! Good luck for your performance today, Mom will still be proud of you no matter what!" Mrs Seo pats Seohyun's head as Seohyun smiled lightly at her before leaving her house.

Seohyun stood nervously at the backstage, waiting for her cue to enter. Would Yunho notice her? Would he like her performance? These were the thoughts that entered her mind while she was waiting. She decided that she could not continue on like this, else, she would not be able to give her best. Taking a deep breath, she braced herself as the stage crew signaled for her entrance. The stage was dark, and as she was about to start, the lights shone on her. Seohyun played her piece smoothly and lightly, full with emotions just like how she does normally. The crowd cheered and clapped loudly after she hit her last note. Standing up, she bowed to the crowd, and tried scanning through the audience hoping to spot Yunho but to no avail. She did saw her unnies waving frantically and cheering loudly at her though, which lifted her spirit a little.

Seohyun hit the last note as she stood up gracefully and bowed to the audience once again, before making her way to the backstage. "Seohyun-ah! You were so good!!! I'm so proud to have a friend like you!!" Yuri said as Seohyun left the auditorium and met up with her unnies. "You were so beautiful playing the piano! Your dress was glowing when the spotlight was on you!!!" Yoona added. "Did you saw Jinwoon at the other side of the door? He was totally immersed in Seohyun's performance!" Tiffany added. Despite their excitement, Seohyun smiled gently, thanking them for their support, but her eyes were roaming about trying to look for that one person.

"Unnie, I need the washroom, I will look for you girls later." Seohyun said as she excused herself from the group. She needed to refresh herself after all the nervousness from the performance. "Hey Seohyun, you did well." Jinwoon approached her. "Thanks for coming over Jinwoon." Seohyun smiled sincerely. "So I was thinking..do you want to hang out or something?" Jinwoon said slowly, hesitating a little. "Uhm..Jinwoon-ah..I'm"

"I don't think she will be free though." A familiar voice interrupted their conversation. It was Yunho. "I'm sorry junior, but I've got things to discuss with her." With that, Yunho pulled Seohyun away to the garden behind the school.

"Yunho.." "Let me speak first." Yunho said. "I'm sorry for lashing out at you yesterday, I was just worried that you might get into any unnecessary trouble. I didn't mean what I've said." Yunho said. "I'm sorry too, I didn't mean to doubt you. I'm just.." Seohyun said. "I didn't steal anything." He said. "I know, I trust you. I'm sorry for that moment of doubt." Seohyun immediately replied. "Are we good now?" She asked. "Yes. And..you were beautiful on stage, playing the piano. You didn't tell me that you were going to perform though." Yunho said awkwardly as he looked away while complimenting her. "It was meant to be a surprise. Happy Graduation, Yunho-seonbae!" Seohyun said brightly. "Thank you, though, we can no longer meet in school anymore." Yunho said. "Well..we can always meet outside of school." Seohyun suggested, but blushed after thinking about the words she have just said.

"If you say so..give me your mobile phone then." Yunho said as he held his hand out, waiting for Seohyun to pass him her phone. Yunho used her phone to dial his mobile. "There! Now we can contact each other any time. Are you free tonight?" Yunho smiled. "I think so...my unnies are accompanying their boyfriends to their graduation ceremony. Aren't you attending?" Seohyun asked. "Then would you like to be my date for the graduation ceremony?" Yunho asked. "Me..? I'm..." Seohyun was flustered by Yunho's sudden request. "Since you are free, and I do not have a partner. I will pick you up at 7pm." Yunho agreed for Seohyun as he made his ways to his parents, leaving her alone puzzled and nervous.