Chapter ­­9 – The First Thing in the Morning

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

 

                Sooyun opened her eyes slightly.  Sunlight rays forcefully entered her eyes, blinding her.  She quickly turned to her side to turn away from the sun as she continued to sleep.   Feeling lazy, she decided to love herself and sleep in.  Even if it was already noon, Sooyun is going to sleep in.  She felt her pillow and wrapped her arms and legs around it.

                As she nuzzles into her warm pillow, she could a heart beating.

                Automatically, Sooyun fully opened both of her eyes to find herself face to face to Lu Han Shin.  She felt herself in a sharp breath as she took in the sight in front of her.  Her robot boyfriend was sleeping soundly next to her on the futon.  His face was peaceful and full of boyish charms.  His eyelashes were thick, long, and pretty.  She almost couldn’t believe that this is what she will wake up to see in the morning for the rest of her life.

                Sooyun closed her eyes.  Does he have a synthetic heart?, she thought.  All the sudden, she felt Shin shift around.  She opened her eyes again to meet Shin’s big, sparkling eyes.  Will it always feel like a dream when I look into his face?

                “For the rest of my life, you’ll be the first thing I see in the morning.” he said, softly.

                A blush crept over Sooyun’s face as she sat up.  She quickly looked over to find her father and wake him up.  He is no longer here.  Her dad had already left for America last night and she forgot.   She felt a sharp pain of sadness as she let out a sigh.  It has been 6 years that she has been all alone by herself.  It was the hardest at first when her dad had to leave for CalTech.  She was 14 years old at the time and wasn’t sure how to live life without seeing her father daily.  He was and is still her best friend.

                Sooyun felt her eyes watered, thinking about her years alone.  All the sudden, she felt someone grabbed her hand and reminding her that she wasn’t alone.  She looked up to see Shin with a bright smile.

                “You’ll never be alone anymore.” he said.  “I’m here now and I will always be here by your side.  You have me now.”

                Sooyun felt herself let out a cry as she wanted to bury her face in his chest like the Korean dramas she watches weekly.  But, a wave of shyness washed over her instead.  She has never been with a boy like this before and didn’t know where to start.  Even though she always has longings to be in a relationship with the opposite , it never happened.  She didn’t know how it would happen.

 

 

                Mr. Sung left peacefully, but he was furious (when he had the energy) to find out that Sooyun had risked her life to go see EXO’s showcase.  That wasn’t the only thing that made him frustrated.  He became frustrated when he found out that Sooyun have been taking an extra night classes at her community college for beauty techniques. 

                She has spent most of the income from her part time job on the class since they have to buy professional makeup brushes and cosmetic items for the class.  None of the items were for her own uses though, only for the class to further her knowledge with makeup application.  She would never spoil herself like that. 

                Although Mr. Sung was mad, he decided to let Sooyun go to a makeup artistry school but only if she agrees to get her Associate’s Degree first in Biology as he had wanted.  She agreed, considering that she only has 1 year of schooling left anyways.  Even though her father was mad at her, but he was letting her do what she wants to do with her life…  He was letting her chase her dreams.

                Sooyun let out a sigh as she looked up at the clock.  “It’s your time to clock out.” smiled Park Hana, a coworker and friend that Sooyun has made ever since working at the local KFC joint.

                She smiled.  “Thank you.” she said. 

                Shin has asked her to quit her job, but she insisted that she should work.  The thought of using all of the money that he had brought with him from the future scares her.  It’s a lot of money, but it will only last for a while if they don’t use it wisely.  She would rather use money that she received from hard work and that extra cash can be saved up for emergencies.

                Hana continued to smile.  “It’s been a while since we last talked.” she commented.  “We hardly get to talk during the beauty class, so we should catch up after I get off my shift.”  Not only are they coworkers, but they are also classmates in the beauty class that Sooyun attends weekly.

                Sooyun smiled.  “Sure.” she said.  “Just shoot me a text when you’re done.”

                It was already 3 Pm on a lazy Saturday when Sooyun stepped out of her workplace.  It was getting warmer as summer approached Korea.  She let out a sigh as she flipped her phone open.  The gif of Lu Han from one of the EXO teasers was her background.  She felt herself smile as she closed her phone.  She looked up at the blue sky, above the slums of Seoul.

                It has been a little over 2 weeks since Shin has entered her life…  And, it has been a little over 2 weeks since she has last updated herself on what EXO M and Lu Han has been doing…  For a moment, Sooyun thought about Lu Han.  She thought about what he was doing, who he was with, and if he has eatten yet...  Someone suddenly grabbed her hand, grabbing her attention.  She looked to her side, but the person was too tall, so she looked up. 

                It was Shin. 

                Even in broad daylight and with the new Lu Han-inspired hairstyle that Sooyun spent her hard-earned money on, he looked even more like Lu Han.  Before, Shin had longer and black hair.  But, now, his hair is exactly like Lu Han’s on purpose: short and the color is now an ash blonde.

                Shim smiled and Sooyun felt butterflies in her stomach.  Silently, she took the time and tiptoed.  She ruffled his perfectly sculpted Lu Han-inspired hair that she fixed this morning when she wanted to experiment.  She didn’t want Lu Han and Shin to look exactly alike.  That would only draw unnecessary attention…

                He continued to smile as she did so.  “How was work?” he asked, softly. 

                “It’s OK.” she replied, after she was done with the hair ruffling.  Shin didn’t seem to mind his messy hair as they continued to walk together, hand in hand.

                “You shouldn’t work anymore.” he stated, again.  Before Sooyun could say anything, he quickly added, “I got a job.”

                “What?!” she asked, surprised.

                She had told him to stay home and not go anywhere.  And, that it would be nice of him to help keep the apartment clean while she was gone.  For the last 2 weeks or so, Sooyun thought that he was a nice boy and stayed home.  Had he really not listened to her this whole time?

                “Before you get mad, let me explain myself.” stated Shin.  “I’ve been home for the last 2 weeks.  I clean every day and wait around for you to come home at 5 PM.  There’s not much to do at home and you don’t seem to want to go anywhere with me…  I really wanted to go to Myeondong because I’ve heard so much about it when I looked up the blog posts from people in this time period…  Not only that, but I wanted to know what you would see from this time period.  I want to embrace almost every aspect of the year 2012 because this is the year that I finally got to meet you and be with you after so long.”

                Sooyun quickly looked around, not wanting anyone to be overhearing what Shin was saying.  He was from another dimension and for him to just talk like it’s nothing and referring to 2012 as “this time period” was making her stressed.  After realizing that there was no one but them, she let out a sigh of relief.

                “And, a store just gave you a job?” asked Sooyun, getting down to the point.

                “Actually, no.” replied Shin, with that cheerful smile of his.  “A modeling agency casted me.”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

                I don’t want to switch over to Lu Han’s chapters yet…  I still want Shin and Sooyun to bond!  LOL  I totally wouldn’t mind having a boyfriend like this!!  T.T

                Damn!  I wish I was a physics geek!! 

                Hmmm…  Now that Shin has been casted in a modeling agency…  Just think of the horror of that!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho