No Chemistry vs. Chemistry

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

               

            “I’m so glad that people are not trying to kill me after putting up that picture of Tao and I on Weibo.” sighs Sooyun, with a smile.  Marie Claire China has offered Sooyun a job as a makeup columnist.  She accepted the job in an instant and created a Weibo, with little updates here and there.  Young Chinese women know her well already so her article was well received and she got almost half a million followers in a week.

            Lu Han laughs.  “Did you really think that they were going to eat you alive or something?” he asks.  “It wasn’t like you guys did anything bad…  It was just a picture of your derp faces and fooling around.”

            Although everyone else, including the fans, found the uploaded picture amusing since Tao is EXO’s selca king and his picture wasn’t exactly flattering.  His face was hilarious meanwhile Sooyun was just smiling in the background.

            “Well, you know how sensitive your fans can be.” states Sooyun. 

            Lu Han flashes a small smile and nods.  “True…” he agrees.  “But, they like you so you shouldn’t have anything to worry.”

            Sooyun laughs.  “OK, I get it.  They like me.  But, I have to make sure that I can’t upload a picture with you.” she says.

            “What?” he asks, offended.  “Why?”

            “Because people will think that the only reason why I’m working with Exo is because of you.  I don’t want that!” she admits.  “Why are you looking at me like that?  Didn’t you think that before too?”

            “I-I” starts Lu Han.

            Sooyun smiles and pats his shoulder.  “It’s OK.” she says, as she stands up from the kitchen table.  They were the only ones still up and talking.  Everyone else is exhausted from their recent crazy schedules and needs their rest.  Lu Han finds himself nodding slowly into sleep as we

            “W-Wait.  Where are you going?” asks Lu Han.

            Sooyun smiles.  “To my room, silly.  I have to pack since I’m going go to Qingdao with Xiumin and Tao, next week.  It’s good to prepare early since I know that I won’t have much time.”

            “But, you didn’t tell me how your date went.” he states. 

            He makes sure to pout a bit, to make her fall for his trap.  From what he heard from Chen, it was OK and there might not be another date anytime soon.  Lu Han isn’t sure what to feel.  He knows that she should be dating, but he couldn’t help it but…  Feel happy that things didn’t go well.  He just wants to smile, but contains it for the bedroom or shower so then no one will really question him.

            Sooyun sits back down on the chair, giving in and making him smile.  That’s my girl…  Tell me~, he thought.

            “It wasn’t bad.” she says.  “Everything was really nice.”

            “That’s it?” asks Lu Han.

            “Well, there was no chemistry.” she explains.

            Lu Han blinks, trying really hard not to smile.  “I see.” he says, trying not to sound happy.  “So are you going to date more?”

            “I actually don’t know.” she mumbles, as she stares off into space.  “If I’m going to seriously date and be with someone new, it has to be someone that gives me feelings that match up to those I have for Shin’s.”

            “So, you have to love him to start dating him?” asks Lu Han, a bit too suddenly.

            Sooyun laughs.  “Not necessarily.” she replies.  “As long as he gives me these tingly, bubbly, and happy feelings, then I think it’s good enough.”

            “Is there no one that gives you these feelings?” asks Lu Han, almost in disbelief.

            Sooyun blinks at his question, already answering it.  “No one.” she replies, making his heart sink.

            He refrain his face from showing any form of sadness or disappointment as he looks away from her.  Are these feelings that can develop over time or something that will never happen?, he silently asks.  Am I stupid for wanting to wait, even if it may never happen?  He glances over at her and she smiles at him, softly.

            “Don’t look so sad, Lu Han.” she places her hand on his and giving it a small squeeze.  “Something will happen when we least expect it.”

 

 

            Lu Han was still debating on what to eat when he heard a small gasp from Sooyun’s lips.  EXO M and their team were at a restaurant to celebrate the end of their promotions in China.  The table was full of people and the chattering was loud.

            “Woah…” he heard Chen say, softly.  Then, he suddenly talks in Korean.  “That waiter kind of looks like Sehun…”

            “I know.” agreed Sooyun, in the same language.  “But, his eyes are more round.”  Then, she giggled which makes Lu Han look up from the menu.  “I think that makes him look cuter.”

            Chen laughed.  “Keep checking him out then, Sooyun.” he said, as he looks into Lu Han’s eyes. 

            The younger man continued to smile as she watched the waiter closely.  Lu Han quickly turned to look behind him and at the worker.  He seemed young with a nice smile and, yes, he did look similar to Sehun.  But, the two people were obviously different.  The waiter was shorter by a few inches, was not quite as thin, had rounder eyes, and a more oval face than Sehun.

            “I think I know him from somewhere….” commented Sooyun.

            Xiumin laughed.  “Where would you know him from?” he asked, as Lu Han turns back to look at the young woman.

            Her face scrunched up, confused.  “I don’t know.  I just know he looks familiar.” she said, as she grabbed her bag and starts to rummage through it.  Everyone watched as she continued to dig through her things when she found what she was looking for.  She pulled out a card and looked at it.  “Yang Chenyun.”

            “You know him?” asked Tao, in disbelief.

            Chen smiled as he looks at it.  “Sooyun, this is a university ID card.” he said, pointing out the obvious.

            “I know!” she said.

            “Then…  Why do you have it?” asked Lay, curious.

            “We met on the bus…” explained Sooyun. 

            “When do you take the bus?” asked Kris, confused.

            “I took it the other day when I had to back to the Marie Claire office to talk about the contents of the column.  Don’t you remember?” asked Sooyun.

            The manager snorted.  “I think he was half asleep when you left, so ignore him.” he excused Kris.

            “How did you get his card?” asked Lu Han.

            “There were so many people on the bus.  Then, the others that were trying to get on the bus started to push around.  From what I remembered, he was holding some things in his arms and they all fell everywhere.  The card must have fallen into my bag on accident because it was on the floor of the bus.” shrugged Sooyun.  “I didn’t even know until a few days ago that this was in here.”

            Chen laughed.  “It’s meant to be then.” he said.

            To Lu Han’s disappointment, it seems like it is fate after all.  She returned the ID card after the dinner, he must have flirted with her or something, and now they’re chatting with each other.  He glares at the back of her head as his hand went through his hair.  She is lying flat on her stomach on the couch, as the others were getting ready to sleep.  She has been on her phone for at least 2 hours now: smiling, giggling, and irritating the crap out of Lu Han.

            Didn’t she just told me the other day that she didn’t want to date anyone unless if blah blah blah?, he thought.  What the hell?!  If she was going to do this, she might as well date me – Lu Han lets out a soft gasp and then shakes his head.  Or, someone else more fitting.

            “Sooyun, it’s time you should go to bed.” states Lu Han, as he lets out a sigh.

            Xiumin laughs, from the kitchen.  He walks up to Lu Han with a cup of water in his hand.  “Ever since when did Sooyun sleep at 11 PM, Daddy?” he asks.

            Lu Han sends a glare at him and gives him a light shove towards his side of the dorm.  “Shut up.” he growls.

            Xiumin continues to laugh out loud as he walks away.  “Sooyun has to sleep at 11 PM or Daddy Lu Han will be mad~” he says, loudly.

            The deer lets out a frustrated groan as he tries not to stomp over to her.  “Sooyun.” he calls out.  She doesn’t respond as she types furiously into her phone with a bright grin.  “Sooyun.”

            “Hm?” she finally responds, after sending her message.

            “Give me your phone.” Lu Han demands.

            “Why?” she asks.

            “Give it to me.” he states.

            Sooyun flashes him a smile as she sits up.  Her dress rises up a bit and he tries not to stare at her thighs.  He reaches out his hand for the electronic device, but she shakes her head instead.  “Nope.” she responds.

            Lu Han forces a smile.  “Come on.” he continues.

            “No.” laughs Sooyun.

            Before she could react, he quickly leans across to grab the phone.  He gets it the device in his hand right when Sooyun kicks his shin and causing him to tumble onto her.  She ends up laughing hotly into his face.  Even with his shin burning in pain, he can’t help it but smile with her.

            “Are you OK?” she asks, through her giggling fit.

            “I’m OK.  Are you OK?” he asks, not wanting to get off of her. 

            Sooyun continues to laugh out loud, not answering.  She silently helps push his damp hair out of his face.  He takes in a deep breath, enjoying the moment as he cups her face in his hands.  An urge to want to kiss washes over him as she parts her lips.  “Go to sleep, Xiao Lu.” she said, with an authoritative voice.  Her sudden usage of the nickname makes him feel like a kid and nothing but a child to her.

            He pouts.  “Me?” he questions.  “It’s you that should-”

            “What are you trying to do, Gege?!” asks Tao, scaring the daylights out of Lu Han as he quickly got off of Sooyun.  If he doesn’t, Tao would cause a scene like before.  “Jiejie, was he trying to-trying to-”

            “Nothing.” laughs Sooyun, as she whips her phone out of Lu Han’s grip and runs into her room.

            Tao gives him a look.  “Don’t you go and try to her now.” he comments.

            “It’s not what you think.” defends Lu Han, as he continues to sit on the sofa.

            “Uh huh.” nods Tao.  “That’s not what you’re going to say when you’re hot and ready.”

            Lu Han smirks at him and shakes his head.  “Think what you want to think.” he says.

            “Oh?” laughs Tao, with a naughty look on his face.  “That you e to the thoughts of Sooyun every other day?”

            Automatically, Lu Han’s grin falls into a frown.  “Tao.” he says.

            “Good night, Xiao Lu.” says the younger man as he runs back into his room.  “Minseok Ge, don’t let Lu Han come in here.”

            Lu Han chuckles to himself as he gets off the sofa.  Stupid Tao and his assumptions, he thought.

 

AUTHORS NOTE:

            Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

            Yes…  Lu Han is jealous.

LOVE,

loveFORyunho