Chapter 19 – Hana

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

 

                “I’m happy that you care so much about me, but you shouldn’t let your love for me hinder your career growth.” replies Sooyun, with a scoff as she sits there in front of him.

                “Do you want me to become famous?” asks Shin, curious.

                “You definitely have the capacity with your good looks, humble down-to-earth personality, and loyalty…” answers Sooyun, as she plays with her lettuce warp.  “I don’t know if I want you to or not…  But, if there’s opportunity, then you should take it.”

                “And, you can be my makeup artist for every single event I attend so you will be star struck every time.” plans out Shin.  He nods his head.  “So, I can help you become the makeup artist you can become as well.”

                Sooyun rolls her eyes.  “Oh, Shin!” she says.  “I can’t even go to the makeup school until the semester ends.  Besides, I don’t even know if I got in.”

                She has recently applied to a 2 month long hard-core makeup artistry program.  There are only spots for 10 students and is super competitive

                He shrugs.  “You’ll get in!” smiles Shin.  “I’m sure you well!”

                “But, I don’t have any experience.  I probably won’t get in at all…” reminds Sooyun.

                She doesn’t have any experience at all besides helping the land lord’s wife and daughter with their makeup every now and then when they want to look extra good.  Besides that, she hasn’t done much work on other people at all.  How is she even going to get that experience that other applicants have?  Sure, she has taken a makeup artistry class at her community college on the side to know more tricks of the trade, but that doesn’t give her much advantage at all.

               

 

                “You could try to do something at the salon I work part time at.” suggests Hana.

                Hana is finally visiting Sooyun a month after she had stopped working at KFC.  The woman has been busy with work so  the two friends haven’t been able to see each other.  They miss each other, so decided that it was best if Hana stopped by after her afternoon shift at the beauty salon she works at near Sooyun’s place. 

                “Noona, you work at a salon now?” askes Shin, as he placed down a plate of freshly cut apples on the low coffee table.  He quickly sits down next to Sooyun, who was sitting across from her friend.

                Hana smiles.   “No, I work there part time.” she replies.  “KFC only hires most of their workers part time.”

                Shin smiles.  “So, you know how to style hair professionally?” he asks.

                “Of course.” laughs Hana.  “I saved some money last year to go to beauty school back home, in Daegu, before I moved here.  It was worth it, but most salons only like hire me part time because I’m so new to the hair styling industry.”

                Shin nods his head.  “Do you think you can help Sooyun?” he asks.

                She turns to look at him and he was looking at her sincerely.  He wants her to succeed in the new career path she has decided to take.  “Well, I’ve never done Unnie’s makeup.  So, she doesn’t know.” replies Sooyun.

                Shin blinks, surprised, and she turns to look at Hana.  She is smiling at the pair.  “Sooyun-ah, I’m going out to the clubs in Gangnam tomorrow, so why don’t you do my makeup for me?” suggests Hana.

                “Really?” she asks, feeling her eyes light up.

                Hana laughs as she eats a piece of apple.  “Of course.” she nods.

                “Yay!!!” screams Shin, out of excitement for his girlfriend.  His sudden blast of enthusiasm startled both Sooyun and Hana.  “Oh, Sooyun~~!!  I’m so excited for you!”  He quickly wraps his arms around her.

                Hana starts to laugh out loud at their interaction and she just becomes red in the face.  “Ah, Shin!” whines Sooyun.  “Stop it.  We have a guest...”

                Before Shin could pull away, Hana stops him.  “It’s OK.” she smiles.  “I’m going to leave anyways.  It’s been a long day.”  She quickly stands up and the couple follows her action.

                “Unnie,” says Sooyun, as she pulls Shin’s arms off of her.  “I’m sorry for that.”

                “It’s OK.” laughs Hana.  “You two are so cute.”  She lets out another hearty laugh.  “Shin-goon?”

                “Y-Yes?” he answers.

                “Take good care of Sooyun, alright?” asks Hana.

                Shin brightly smiles at her.  “Of course!!  Thank you so much for leaving her in my care!!” he bows.

                Hana laughs again and turns to Sooyun.  “Unnie, what kind of look do you want?” she asks.

                She shrugs, not really sure.  “How about a natural, smokey look?” she replies.

                “A natural, smokey look?” asks Sooyun, unsure herself.  “I’ll try to work something out then.”

                “Great.” smiles Hana.  “I’ll see you tomorrow after work at 7 pm~  I’ll come by to pick you up.”

                After Hana left, Sooyun turns to Shin.  He is busy cleaning up the cups of tea that they were drinking and the snacks he had laid out for their guest.  Sooyun swallows hard and takes in a deep breath.

                “Um…  Shin?” she calls out.

                “Hm?” he responds, not looking up.

                “I-I’m not really sure how to do a ‘natural, smokey look.’” responds Sooyun.

                Shin looks up at her and blinks, as if he is clueless.  “Well, why don’t we work on it tonight?” he suggests, flashing a cute smile.  “You can put makeup on me.”

                Shin quickly sends Sooyun a wink and she could feel her face burn.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

                Hello, hello!!  I know it’s BEEN SOOOOOOOO LONG!!!  So, here is a short, new chapter!!! 

                I will be updating again this week for the lack of updates these last 2 weeks!!!  Hope you all enjoyed this new chapter!!

                PLEASE COMMENT!!!  I WOULD LIKE SOME FEEDBACK FROM YOU ALL AND KEEP MYSELF MOTIVATED TO WRITE~~

LOVE,

loveFORyunho