Chapter 14 – Being Forward And Persistent

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

                Shin looks into the camera and smiled, showing the Photographer Lee the best angle he calculated.  “Wow!  That looks great!” said man behind the camera said.  “Yeah!  Give me more of those poses!  I like this!”

                Shin smiled and there were more compliments coming out of Photographer Lee’s mouth.  The photo taking comes to a stop and Shin stood up straight.  He was leaning against the wooden bridge by the country house they were shooting at for his last pose with the wilderness behind him.  He went over to the monitor screen.  He and Photographer Lee observes the digital pictures. 

                “Shin, these look really good.” commented Photographer Lee.  “You really captured the essence of the theme.”

                It was a summery theme with bright colors and light clothing for the heat.  And, the models were supposed to show the summer fun that customers are going to have.  Shin and a female model are supposed to capture the essence of young summer romance through their fashion.  For the last shoot, Shin was modeling alone because the online shopping mall wants individual pictures of models in the respected outfits that they had put together.  This will also make it easier for the customers to pinpoint the items that each model is wearing.

                Shin shrugs, not really caring.  It wasn’t like he busted a 10 mile run in 1 hour or something.  He just simply posed.  What is so great about that?, he thought.

                “You’re a natural.” smiled Photographer Lee.  “People are going to like you.”

                Shin laughed.  “I guess.” he shrugged.

                Photographer Lee leaned in a little closer to Shin.  “I can’t believe you’re modeling for an online shopping mall.” he said, with negativity. 

                Shin just smiles.  “I don’t mind.” he replied.  “It’s not a bad job.”

                Photographer Lee smiles back.  He shook his head.  “Don’t stunt your growth in this industry.  This job doesn’t provide much income…  It is only for an online shopping mall.” he said.  “You can probably go far with your natural skills.”

                Shin opens his mouth to say something when the fashion stylist calls out for him.  He turns to glance at her then back at Photographer Lee.  He laughs.  “Go on ahead and go change.” he nodded.  “You must be tired.”

                Shin nods back and walked over to the stylist and heads into the country house to the changing room for him.  He quickly got out of the crisp, new clothes and slips back into his clothes.  When he stepped out of the dressing room, his female counterpart was standing in the door way. 

                She flashes him a smile and flips her hair.  “Hey, Shin, do you want to go grab a drink after this?” she ask.

                He shook his head, oblivious to the flirting.  “No, I need to go home.  My girlfriend is waiting for me.” he replied, without thinking.  He walks past her into the common room.

                “O-Oh.” he heard her mutter as he grabbed his bag.

                Without taking time to think about what happened, Shin smiled at the model.  “See you around~” he said.  And, with that, he turns to leave quickly. 

                It has been a long day and he wants to see Sooyun’s face to give him strength and energy.

 

 

                “Here.” said Kyungsoon, as she handed Shin a bank envelope.  She is his manager, helps over look all of the go-sees he goes to and schedule.

                He takes it graciously and bows a 90 degree bow.  He could feel the thinness of the bills in the envelope, but it didn’t matter.  All that matters is the fact that he’s getting paid.  “Thank you.” he beams, as he stood up straight.  After 2 hours of driving back to Seoul, they finally reached the bustling city in darkness.  The driver has dropped the manager and Shin in front of the agency.

                Kyungsoon smiles, as she hands him the bag of clothing.  “The stylist decided to give you the clothes for your hard work today as well.”

                Shin couldn’t help it, but tried to stretch his smile wider if possible.  Now Sooyun can really quit her job, he thought.  I don’t need to get another job for at least a week because we’ll have more than enough to pay for the monthly expenses!!

                “Thank you!!” he said again with a bow.

                Kyungsoon laughs.  “No need to.” she said, as she pats him on the shoulder.  “You did a good job.  Keep it up and you’ll be in magazines, or even better, commercials or you might even get an acting career.”

                “Really?!” asked Shin, excited.  He wants the best for Sooyun and if he could go far with his modeling career, then that’s even better.

                “Of course.” nodded Kyungsoon.

                “Then, I can’t wait!” said Shin, with a big smile.

                Life is finally looking like it’s going to be better.

 

 

                He could feel his heart swell seeing the face of his girlfriend.  She made dinner and was waiting for him, which made him excited.  As he sits down on the ground by the table, he hands over the bank envelope Kyungsoon gave him.  Knowing what it is, Sooyun didn’t bother to ask.

                She gingerly opens it and counted the bills.  Her eyebrows shoot up and she looks up at Shin, in a surprised manner.  “You made 800,000 won in one day?” she asked, shocked.

                Shin nodded his head, as he waits for her to eat first.  “Well, of course.” he said.  “But, the photographer was saying that that’s actually really little compared to what it could be.”

                “W-What?!” asked Sooyun.  “How could he ever say that?  This is a lot of money for one day’s worth of work.  Normal people don’t get paid this much.”

                Shin smiles.  “I’m glad that I can be the breadwinner.” he said.

                “B-But…” said Sooyun.

                Shin pats her hand on the table.  “It’s OK.” he said.  “The agency will find more jobs for me and we’ll be in good hands.”

                Sooyun stops questioning the stability of Shin’s job as a model.  He could tell that she is finally not as worried any more about their financial security.  He smiles, knowing that he can now fully take good care of her.  “Sooyun, eat.” he stated, as he places her spoon in her hand.  “I’m not going to start until you do.”

                “OK, OK.” she said, as she takes a spoonful of rice and eats.  Shin continues to smile, without touching the food.  Sooyun looks up at him after she drinks a spoonful of the spicy tofu soup she made.  “Yah, didn’t you say you weren’t going to eat until I start?  Eat now!”

                For a split second, Shin becomes distracted by her lips.  A red droplet of soup was hanging off of her pink lips, urging him to kiss her. As Shin continues to eye her lips, a wet pink tongue slips out and the droplet off.  He could feel himself swallow hard as he tries to focus on the food in front of him.  Since Shin isn’t human after all, food isn’t necessary for him.  But, it’s good as another source of energy besides recharging himself through sleeping.  He clears his throat and takes the eating utensils in his hand, then starts to eat. 

                A calm silence quickly enters the room.

                “How was your photo shoot?” asked Sooyun, breaking the silence between them.

                “It went well.” smiled Shin, avoiding her gaze.  If he looks at her, he knows that he will reach across the table and kiss her.  Then, she will get mad at him and he didn’t want that.  “The photographer loved the fact that I know all of my good angles.”

                “You do?” asked Sooyun, surprised.

                “Well, it’s not really hard to calculate someone’s best facial angles.” defended Shin, as he looks at her.  “It’s really simp-”  He accidentally looks at her lips and desperately looks elsewhere but instead looks into her dark orbs.  He quickly drops the sentence and looks away.

                “Um…  Shin, are you OK?” he hears Sooyun ask.  “You’ve been pretty weird ever since you came back from that photo shoot.  Did something happen between you and that model you texted me about?”

                “What?!  NO!!” replied Shin.  Of all things, why did she need to jump to that conclusion?  Why is she so insecure about him being unfaithful?  He loves her and he would never do such a thing to her, but she does not seem to understand how he feels.

                Shin could feel anger course through his veins, but it all melted away as his eyes meet Sooyun’s.  He feels his face soften.  “Nothing happened.  It’s just that…  I want to kiss you.” he admitted, without taking his eyes off of her.  “I’ve wanted to kiss you for the longest time and I can no longer hold it in…  The urge has never been this bad until now.  Is it OK if I kiss you?”

                Shin watches Sooyun as she hesitates.  He knows that he is being forward, but if that’s what it takes to communicate to her about his feelings then he might as well.  “Y-Yes.” he heard her whisper.

                Without registering his actions, Shin reaches across the table and holds her face in his hands.  He leans in close to her face and she quickly closes her eyes, being shy.  He lets out a soft chuckle.  “I’ve never kissed anyone either.” he explained.  “And, I’m glad that my first time will be with you.”

                Sooyun’s eyes open slowly.  “I’m glad that it’s you too…” she whispered.  Her lips curled into a soft smile and he leaned into her.

                He rubs his nose against hers, giving her an Eskimo kiss.  Then, he takes in a deep breath and brushes his lips against hers gently.  She responds by kissing him back and places her hands on his broad shoulders, making him excited. 

                At first, Shin was worried that Sooyun may never feel the same for him.  But, as he continues to be persistent, she slowly started to respond.  And, he has never felt so happy in his entire life before…  Sooyun likes him.  He hopes that into the far future, she will love him the same intense way he loves her as well.

                But, for now, Shin is happy that she likes him in return.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

                Hope you all enjoyed that last chapter!!!  ^^  Sorry for the lack of updates for the last 2 weeks…  A LOT HAS HAPPENED TO ME SINCE THE LAST UPDATE!!  Ha ha.  So, I hope you all will forgive me with the latest kiss that Shin and Sooyun had shared!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho