Chapter 11 – Must Have Been Then

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

 

 

                Shin  breathes deeply as he waits for the subway.  He is at Myeondong, again, waiting to go home.  He quickly looks down at the things he just bought.  He smiled, thinking about how excited Sooyun will be.  He didn’t buy much.  All he got is 2 iPhones, one for him and one for her, and some things he noticed that Sooyun had been eyeing such as the new products from Etude House and the skin care products from Innisfree 

                Most of everything is for her because she is such a penny pincher.  The money he used to buy the things was money that the modeling agency had given him a week before for the aesthetician visit he was supposed to go to, but never went because he knows that he doesn’t need it and new clothes or something.  He can always come back to the shopping district on another day to buy clothes with Sooyun.  He wants her to pick clothes out for him, if she’s willing to go with him.

                Even with all of the money that he has brought with him to the future, she won’t let them use it.  For all he knows, they could use the money to move out and live somewhere it’s nicer and she could quit her exhausting job.  They can use the money to do simple things like that, but Sooyun’s scared.  He knows that she likes to be financially secured and she won’t feel that way until she gets her career going.  He hopes that with his modeling job will be able to bring some form of comfort even though she doesn’t like it.  He hasn’t gotten a job yet, but he does have 2 go-sees the day after tomorrow.  A go-see is an appointment for representatives from a company to see and interview a model.  After careful evaluations, the representatives will determine if the model is fit for the job.

                He prayed that he will get to do at least one job somewhere.  He wants to bring in a consistent income for Sooyun so she will stop working.  Or, he could always work for an engineering company here in Seoul.  Technically, Shin already got his undergraduate degree in Engineering Technology from CalTech and could work as entry worker for any engineering company.  Well, Dad was the one that came up with his resume for him.  He could have really gone to school for the degree but it wasn’t necessary, considering he is already computer with human aspects.

                Shin heard some squealing and looked to his side.  There is a high school student and her friend.  They were smiling politely to him and even bowed.  He bowed and smiled in return.  Then, he looked away.  The girls let out a small giggle, but his mind was already elsewhere.  

                His mind is already back on Sooyun. 

 

 

                Shin entered the KFC with a smile on his face.  He couldn’t contain no longer contain his budding feelings.  He didn’t want to wait at home for her.  He wants to see her right now.  He has waited so long to finally be able to come to the present to be in her presence and he wasn’t going to waste time at home just to wait for her.

                Sooyun is his baby, angel, weakness, food, oxygen, and everything in his life.

                At first when Dad had shown him his memories of Sooyun, he had thought very little of her.  He was actually appalled that Dad was going to force him to fall in love with her.  He thought that he would have to lie his way through this because he is filial.  Dad had made him looked over almost everything he could preserve that belonged to Sooyun.  All of her journals, leisure books, textbooks, homework, report cards, research papers, pens, and more was preserved.  Most of the things that Shin looked over were her journals because it helped him understand who Sung Sooyun was and her perspective on the world.

                Shin isn’t sure when he exactly fell in love with Sooyun, but it must have been then…

            No one will ever love me as much as my father.  No one will ever love me as much because I am simply Sung Sooyun.  I am no one special, no one lovely, no one beautiful.  I am simply plain, quiet, ugly, and talentless Sung Sooyun.  But, it is perfectly fine because there is at least one man, one person, out there that loves me more than his life and that is my dear father.  It is perfectly fine…

                Shin smiled when he saw Sooyun’s back facing him.  And, I will be the second man that loves you more than his life, he thought.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

                OMG…  I don’t know about you guys, but I cried.  I couldn’t help it…  My FEELS got the best of me!  T.T

                Here is a little bit of insight on Shin’s perspective on the world.  He has a rather human view and is un-robotic/programmed at all…  That is my twist and that is the reason why Shin is so special.  It is how he is so different what a robot should be: mechanical, stiff, and programmed without thoughts or feelings.  It’s simple, Shin has human feelings.

                I hope you all enjoyed this!  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho