CHAPTER 3 – The Lottery

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

                Sooyun smiled so hard that her cheeks were hurting, as she exited the arena.  SM wanted EXO fans to fill out an application and put in the basic information about herself.  Then, they did a lottery and picked 3,000 applicants.  Fortunately, Sooyun got picked.  The downfall is that she got seats that were far away…  But, it didn’t matter to her.  She gets to see EXO perform live and see Lu Han on the stage, even if she was far away.  And, it was free.

                But, she couldn’t stop her mind from travelling to something disturbing she discovered right before she left.

 

Dear Sooyun,

 

                You will die at the age of 20 on April 1, 2012 at 2 AM.  The location of death will in front of your apartment.  How you will die will be because of a hit and run accident with a drunk driver.  It will take many years and much investigation, but your murderer will be revealed to be a young woman named Kim Hyesun.  She will be convicted and will serve her lifetime in prison for third degree manslaughter.

                You must be cautious and not go out.  No matter how important it is for you to attend the EXO showcase

 

-Anonymous

 

                What kind of creep will send me something like that?, she thought.  I don’t care…  I never have enough funds to go to any concert because they’re always too expensive.  I won’t die.  It’s just a stupid email, thought Sooyun.

                She was screaming so loud that she lost her voice.  She enjoyed herself so much that she felt like she was floating in the clouds.  And, she felt herself cry because she was given the chance to finally see Lu Han in person.  She knew that she will never be able to go to any of the EXO activities such as music shows or fan signings and more.  She won’t even have the means to buy their debut mini album.  Yes, Sooyun works.  But, all the money she gets goes back into her schooling and textbooks.  When possible, she will be able to splurge on herself and buy something nice, like lip gloss and some other beauty product.  But, it’s rare.

                Sooyun let out a sigh as she looked down at her watch.  It was late…  Midnight.  She quickly walked away from the chattering fangirls as they talk excitedly among their friends.  The bus doesn’t now because it’s too late, she thought.  So, I will have to walk home.  Or, I will have to take the taxi home…  Sooyun frowned.  But, it’s so expensive.  She let out a sigh as she shook her head.  Dad would kill me if he finds out that I’m walking home alone late at night.

                She walked for an hour.  Fortunately, she was alone and no one came her way.  The streets were dimly lit by the yellow streetlights.  She saw someone sitting at a bus stop and started to panic.  She quickly pulled her hoodie over her head and continued to walk ahead without looking at the person. 

                As Sooyun walked past the person, she held in her breath.  She quickly let it out as she came to the stoplight, ready to cross the street.  She looked from left to right.  The street was dark and empty.  The only street light was by the stoplight she was standing at.  Even though there was no traffic, Sooyun wanted to be cautious.  You will die at the age of 20 on April 1, 2012 at 2 AM.  She blinked.  The light signaled her to walk across the street.  Sooyun took a single last glance left and right, to double check

                It’s only been an hour, she thought.  It’s only-

                The blinding high beams came in a flash…  Before Sooyun knew it, she turned to glance at what was going on.  There was a car driving directly at her as she stood a meter away from the sidewalk.  She felt herself froze as she stared at the incoming car.

                All the sudden, she felt herself hit the ground.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

                I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter!  ^^  It's getting good.  Just one day, I swear and it'll be good!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho