Stupid and Gullible

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

 

            They were talking for hours over their hot pot dinner, basically starting off with how Lu Han found the fan café and why he decided to become a member.  From there, they go into how their friendship blossomed into what it was 4 years ago before Lu Han had completely dropped the ball.  He said that he feels bad about how he approached the situation, but because of his night terrors and knowing who Sooyun really was to Moon Shin, he had to.  She accepted that and simply commented that she had been wondering how he has been doing all those 4 years and that she missed his companionship greatly.  They were a detailed pair, going through all the possible details that they could remember.

            When the restaurant closed, Sooyun hesitated to get into the car with Lu Han.  He smiled at her, warmly.

            “It’ll be OK.” he assures.

            “I don’t want fans to think wrong of us and cause you problems.” explains Sooyun.  “And, you have a girlfriend too so if rumors starts to spread, I’ll feel completely guilty if something happens.”

            “Xiao Xue will understand, Sooyun.” pressures Lu Han.  “She knows everything about you and I.”

            “She does?” the young woman questions.

            Lu Han nods his head and then reaches across the passenger’s side and pops the door open for her.  “It’ll be fine.”

            As Lu Han drives the car away from the workers’ parking lot, Sooyun rolls up the opened passenger’s window.  Lu Han can sense her glance over at him, staring at his side profile.  He looks over at her as the car came to a stop, waiting for his chance to make a right turn.  He smiles at her and she returns it, with more passion than her usual smile.

            “I don’t know how you’ll feel about this…” she starts, as Lu Han’s attention turns back to the street.  He gets a chance to turn and quickly takes it before any more traffic comes by.

            “What is it?” he asks, curious about what she has to say.

            “Well, I don’t want you to feel awkward about it if I do tell you.” Sooyun, replies.  “But, I’m sure I’m not the only person feeling this way.”

            Lu Han laughs.  “No, really.  What is it?” he asks.

            He can hear her hesitate, as she stumbles over her words.  And then, she stops.  Lu Han turns to face her as he stops the car at a stoplight.  Their eyes meet, but Sooyun quickly looks away with a blushing face.  He raises his eyebrows, as curiosity takes over.

            “I was practically in love with you in the beginning.” she states, making his heart race.  “I loved you so much as a fan and, for the longest time, it felt like I was the only one loving you because I didn’t know anyone that was a fan of EXO at the time.  I remember thinking to myself one day that somewhere far into the future, you will marry a beautiful woman as your wife, have children of your own, and live your life when I will be where I always was in the beginning…  And, that made me really sad, but I continued loving you.  I even disregarded Shin’s feelings for a while when he came into my life because I was so in love with you and didn’t want to be with him only because you two looked alike.”  Then, she pauses.  “I hope you won’t take what I said to you seriously…  I just thought that as a previous fan of yours, I felt like you should know about the feelings I had for you before Shin.”

            Lu Han takes in what she had just told him as he drove away from the stoplight.  He knew that she was a fan because of his alias as Lulu, but he didn’t know about the back story of everything.  He didn’t know that she was so in love with him that she made Shin wait for her…  The fact that at some point in Sooyun’s love for him was greater than for Shin made him blush.  If she was being truthful with her feelings for him, even from years ago, then shouldn’t he take the chance to say something as well?

            “If we’re talking about touchy subjects such as love then…” starts Lu Han.  “I used to like you a lot too.”

            “What?” asked Sooyun, in disbelief.  “You’re just joking, right?”

            “No,” replies Lu Han, with a serious tone.  “I’m not…  I really did like you, just ask the guys.”

            “H-How did it happen?” asks Sooyun.

            “I don’t really know.” answers Lu Han.  “I knew that you had a boyfriend, but I couldn’t help myself because I knew you were special girl…  I haven’t felt that way about a girl for a really long time too so it was upsetting to know that you were taken.”

            “I’m sorry.  I didn’t know that you felt that way.” says Sooyun.

            “I didn’t know that you felt that way about me either.” Lu Han smiles.  “I guess we’re completely even, huh?”

            “Yeah, it seems like it.” responds Sooyun.  He glances over and their eyes meet for a brief moment.  She no longer looks at him like she’s about to cry.  Instead, when she looks at him, her eyes are full of life and making him feel warm and special.

 

 

            Lu Han feels stupid knocking on her door in the middle of the night when he should be sleeping.  EXO M has an early schedule tomorrow: they have to get up early and prepare to go to the airport.  They have an interview in Taiwan and a concert to perform at so he shouldn’t be fooling around.  But, he just wants to see her face before he sleeps because he feels like they had just awkwardly went their own ways once they got home.  The guys distracted her and he couldn’t talk to her anymore about the time he was away from her.

            “Hm?  Lu Han?” asks Tao, as he rubs his eyes.  He is shirtless and all he is wearing is a pair of dark grey workout shorts.

            The older male flashes him a look.  “What are you doing?” he asks, seriously.

            “I should be the one asking you that!” snorts Tao.  “You’re the one that’s interrupting people’s-”

            “Why are you sleeping with Sooyun?” interrupts Lu Han, horrified.

            Tao blinks slowly.  He smirks, evilly.  “Jiejie and I have decided that this is the best way to go with our relationship.” he responds.

            “What?!” asks Lu Han, too loudly.  He covers his mouth quickly and then narrows his eyes at Tao.  His band member shouldn’t be taking advantage of an emotionally damaged young woman like Sooyun.  That is wrong and she deserves better.

            Tao continues to smirk as he places both of his forearms on the door frame and leans towards his gege.  “Why are you so mad, Han Ge?” he asks, softly.  “Are you mad that Jiejie picked me over you?  But you have a girlfriend, so why should it matter whether who she’s sleeping with?”

            Lu Han scoffs as he looks everywhere else besides Tao’s taunting face.  He’s mad that the younger male and Sooyun would do such a thing as this when they just spoke to each other earlier.  Lu Han feels betrayed and used.  He looks back into Tao’s eyes and swallows hard.  He stays silent as he barges past him and he’s surprised that he’s not being stopped.  He comes up to an empty bed, making him confused.  Tao’s soft laughter can be heard as Lu Han turns to face him. 

            “What the hell?!” he asks the maknae. 

            Tao continues to laugh as Lu Han flicks his forehead.  “You should’ve seen your face!  It was priceless!” he howls.  Lu Han glares at him as he holds onto his stomach.  “Wow~  You’ve really out done yourself this time for sure.”

            “Where is she?” asks Lu Han, seriously.

            “Why do you need to know?” answers Tao, with a smile.  “It’s not like she’s your girl or anything.”

            Lu Han shakes his head and rolls his eyes.  “Why are you even sleeping on her bed?” he asks. 

            Tao shrugs.  “I made a bet with Jiejie about eating a banana that Jongdae Ge injected with vinegar.  If I eat it all then I get her room and big bed for the night.  And, if I can’t eat it all then I have to make her breakfast tomorrow morning.” he answers.

            Lu Han rolls his eyes again.  “Where in the world was I?” he asks.

            “I don’t know.  Showering?” asks Tao.

            “I don’t take that long.” retorts Lu Han.

            “Well, that bet did occur over a 5 minute period.” nods Tao, with a smile.

            “Fine.” agrees Lu Han.  “I’m assuming that she’s in your room, right?”

            Tao nods.  “But before you go…  Did something seriously happen between you and Xiao Xue?” he asks.

            “No.  Why?” asks Lu Han.

            Tao shrugs again.  “I was just assuming.” he replies.  “Why are you looking for Jiejie?”

            “I just want to talk her briefly before I sleep.” says Lu Han, as he walks down the hallway.  He hears Tao mumble something, but is too far away to make it out so he ignores it.

            He peeps into Xiumin and Tao’s room.  The room was pitch black with a small crack of moonlight shining through from the curtains. Regardless, Lu Han can still make his way through the room.  Xiumin is fast asleep on his bed and Lu Han can make out Sooyun on Tao’s.  He creeps up by the bed and gets on his knees.

            “Sooyun.” he whispers.  She doesn’t respond and continues to sleep.  He pouts and then leans in close to her face.  He starts to blow air into her face and watches as she tries to bat the stream of CO2 away.  He chuckles to himself as he places a hand on her shoulder and shook her lightly awake.

            “Who are you?” she asks, groggily.  Her eyes were squinting at him, trying to make out who he was.

            Lu Han laughs, softly.  “It’s me, Lu Han.” he replies.

            “Is something wrong?” asks Sooyun, as she quickly sits up.  He can feel her warm breath on his face and his face starts to burn.

            “Ummmm…  I just can’t sleep.” he explains, trying to avoid eye contact.

            “Are you hungry?” asks Sooyun, as she blinks slowly.  “Sometimes, I can’t fall asleep if I’m too hungry.” 

            Lu Han shook his head.  “We ate a lot earlier, remember?” he reminds.

            “Are you cold?” she continues, as she grabs his hands.  “I usually can’t fall asleep if my feet and hands are too cold as well.”  But, they were warm and she quickly lets go.

            “Lu Han, what’s wrong?” she asks.  “Are you not feeling well?”

            “No…  It’s not that.” he answers, as he plays with the edge of Tao’s blanket.  “It’s just…  That…”

            “That what?” Sooyun questions.

            “I just…  Really wanted to see your face before I fell asleep.”  explains Lu Han, feeling himself blush again.  “And, check up on you if you’re OK.”

            He can feel her hand on his shoulder and gave it a light squeeze before removing it.  “You don’t need to worry about me.” he hears her say.

            “But, I want to.” Lu Han counters, as he leans closer to her.  He can feel the tips of their noses touch and he quickly backs away.  “Sorry.  It’s dark.”

            “It’s really sweet of you, Lu Han, but…  It’s late.” states Sooyun.  “You need to get some sleep, OK?  So then you won’t be so tired tomorrow when we get to the airport and during the interview.”

            “Hm.” he responds as he sits there at the edge of Tao’s bed.  Then, he hesitates to stand up.  “Sorry for interrupting your sleep.  Good night.”

            “Um hm.  Good night, Lu Han.” says Sooyun, as she lays back down.  He quickly helps tuck her back in bed.  In the darkness, he can see her smile brightly at him with a dimple popping out on the left side of her cheek and eye smiles.  “Thank you, Lu Han.”

            He left the room, still feeling dumb.  He let out a sigh as he walks back to his room.  I really am stupid or something, he thought.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Well….  I don’t know what I did with this chapter…  I think I screwed up the pace I was originally planning on going at….  >_<  OMG.  Seriously, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

            I couldn't help it.....  I had to put the TaoHan moment.  LOL  They''re adorable~

http://24.media.tumblr.com/fd0bbdb561487a9fddff8deefbe97e55/tumblr_mnm79vJKzt1rto225o3_r2_250.gif

            Lu Han, seriously looks so dumb when Tao hits him.....  OMG.  And, I love this man.  LOL  T_T

LOVE,

loveFORyunho