Lu Han

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

 

            “It seems like you’re really close to Lulu.” comments Shin, as he ate a piece of sashimi dipped in wasabi and soy sauce.  Sooyun quickly types away on her phone.  Then, she sent her message and places it down on the table in between them.  They are out at a Japanese restaurant in a reserved room, so it was quiet and nice.

            She laughs.  “Yah, it’s not what you think.” she said, as she ate a sushi roll.

            Shin laughs, as he took a sip of his warm sake.  “I don’t know about that.” he teases.  “You even give her more attention than Hana and I combined.”

            “I do not, Shin!” defends Sooyun, as she turned to him with a smile.

            “Yes, you do.” he presses, with a laugh.  He stares out the window they were eating at.  It was snowing softly.  “Is she in China?  Is that why?”

            “Yeah, she is…  But, she’s always busy.” said Sooyun.  “So, I get really happy when I do get to talk to her.”

            Shin turns back to her, with a smile.  “You’re acting just like the time when I was in New York…” he remembers.  “Replying quickly and being super excited.”

            Sooyun laughs.  “Of course!” she said, as she links arms with him.  “I’m so excited~”

            “About our first Christmas?” asks Shin.  “We get to spend it in Pasadena, California.”

            “Yay!!” said Sooyun, excited.  “And, you filmed an MV for Big Bang’s new single.”

            Shin laughs, blushing.  “I know, I know.” he said.  “It was so cool meeting them.”

            “I know.” said Sooyun.  “You said that so many times already.  And, how you’re so close to GD now.  Blah, blah…”

            “Then, why did you bring it up again?” asks Shin, with a smile.

            “Because I wanted to your ego!” replies Sooyun.

            Shin smirks as he kisses her lips.  “You know me too well.” he said. 

            “Hmmm…  I love you too much.” said Sooyun, before she kisses him back.

            Shin laughs as he pulls her into a hug.  “That’s good to know that you’re not going to go lesbian on Lulu with me.” he jokes.

            “Yah!” said Sooyun, as she pulls away and hits him.  “Shin!!!”  He laughs as he tries to dodge her physical attacks. 

            “In case you’re wondering,” started Shin, as he grabs both Sooyun’s hands in his to stop her from hitting him.  “Jiyoung Hyung asked us to have dinner at his place before we leave tomorrow!!”

            “What?!!” asks Sooyun, excited.  “Dinner with GD?!!!  NO WAY!!!!!”

            “Yes way!!!” chimes in Shin, with a big smile.

            “Oh my God!!!  He totally likes you!!  He totally likes you!!!” spazzes Sooyun.

            Shin laughs.  “And, he’ll like you too!!”

            Sooyun smiles brightly at him, as she cups his face with her small hand.  She lets out a laugh.  “He probably likes you more because you’re ssssssssssssoooooooooooo  pretty!!”

            “Yah!!” said Shin, as he pulls himself away from Sooyun.  “Take that back!!  Take that back!!”

            She sticks out her tongue at him.  “Nope~”

 

 

 

            Sooyun yawns as she opens her eyes.  She turns to her side, searching for Shin, and then it hits her.  He didn’t come back to Korea with her because he was doing a photo shoot for Express, an American fashion retailer, for the summer season.  Then, he is going to go to London, UK for a photo shoot with brands: Ben Sherman and Addict.  The Japanese brand Uniqlo and another company that Sooyun had forgotten also sent Shin a love call as well, so he will be heading there when he was done with those shoots.

            She takes a deep breath, as she sits up in bed.  It will be a while, probably another month or so, before she sees him again.  She smiles.  It will be fine because she needs to get used to living on her own again and Shin FaceTime with her when he has free time.  He also constantly texts or sending pictures to her on what he’s doing; never wanting her to miss out on the fun.

            Has it really been 2 months?, she thought.

            Sooyun quickly got up and went into the bathroom.  After finishing her morning routine in the restroom, she takes a good look at herself.  She stares at how much she has changed since Shin had entered her life…

            Her acne-prone skin has cleared up completely because of the medication she was on for 6 months.  She, now, has beautiful, clear, smooth skin; the skin that she thought that she would never have.  In addition to her new skin, she had also lost 13.5 kgs…  But, she’s starting to get lazy and is thinking about stopping her workouts to something less intense.  Perhaps yoga or pilates?  Or 30 minute jogs along the Han River?  She’ll decide soon. 

            Even though there weren’t that many changes, Sooyun is glad that they happened.  She has never had so much confidence in herself before, but is glad that she has established a strong foundation of self esteem now.  If Shin had never come into her life, she knew that certain things wouldn’t have happened: she would still be stuck studying Biology at Yonsei University (since she had just finished her GE courses at the community college and will have to transfer to a bigger school), still live in poverty, still be at risk for diabetes and heart disease because she would be obese, still have blemished skin, and never knowing how it’s like to fall in love with a boy.

            Sooyun blushes as she thinks of Shin and his warm voice.  She looks up at the mirror at her blushing face.  “Sung Sooyun-ah, you’ve changed…” she said, to herself with a bright smile.  “And, this is for the better.”  She takes in a deep breath and walks out of the restroom.

            She went into the kitchen and reheated the leftover from dinner.  As she waited, she flipped through the notes she has been taking from her makeup artistry classes.  They will be working on models soon and she couldn’t wait, being filled with excitement.  Right when she sits down at the kitchen table, her phone dings indicating a message.  Excited, Sooyun quickly checks the phone.  Although she is a bit disappointed that it wasn’t Shin, she is still glad to be able to talk to the sender.

 

Lulu: I heard that Exo M is holding a fansigning event for their 2nd album today.

 

Sooyun: They are.  ^^

 

Lulu: Are you going?

 

Sooyun: No, I don’t think I will.  I have class.  By the time I get out, they will probably be gone already.  And, I’ve made plans to hang out with Hana after class and you know how she feels about fangirls and boy bands…  LOL  How have you been?  I haven’t talked to you in a while.  Sorry, I’ve been busy.

 

Lulu: I’ve been fine, but tired at the same time.  Work has been really busy as well…  LOL  I’ve been travelling back and forth between China and Korea like crazy.

 

Sooyun: Are you in China?

 

Lulu: No, I’m in Korea right now.  How have you been?  How’s school?  It must be pretty bad since you haven’t been active on the fan café lately…  A lot of users miss you.

 

            Sooyun smiles at the message.  I miss Shin too much, she thought.  And, then, I have school too…  I don’t want to do anything when I get home.

 

Sooyun: Aside from school…  I miss my boyfriend a lot…

 

Lulu: What happened?!

 

Sooyun: Nothing much.  He went overseas to do an internship…  And, I miss him.

 

            What else can she really say?  Oh, my boyfriend is really Moon Shin and he’s currently doing a photo shoot?  I miss him like crazy because he’s going to be my fiancé, husband, and blah, blah?  No way.  Although Sooyun would love to tell Lulu the truth, she knows that she can’t fully trust her.  Well…  Maybe eventually, but not anytime soon.  It pains her to know that she is lying to someone that has been so kind and caring towards her.

 

Lulu: For how long?

 

Sooyun: It was originally 2 months, but it has been extended to 3 months.  So, another month or so…

 

Lulu: I’m sorry.  It must be hard for you.

 

Sooyun: It has…

 

Lulu: Did you spend Valentine’s Day alone?
 

            The holiday had just come by last week…  But, no.  Sooyun did not spend it alone.  She was with Hana most of the time.  The best friend had did her best to keep Sooyun distracted.  Then, he surprised her with a bouquet of flowers he had his Korean manager order for her and a phone call from Paris.

            Please be patient.  I’ll be home soon.

           

Sooyun: No, Hana was with me.  And, then, I spent the whole night talking to my boy.  What did you do?

 

Lulu: I spent it with my coworkers…  We had fun and kind of complained about how horrible our love lives will be in the next 10 years.  LOL

 

Sooyun: Don’t say that!!  You’ll meet someone good soon!!

 

Lulu:  Hmm…  I don’t think it will happen until society permits me.  LOL

 

            Sooyun suddenly feels bad about talking about bringing up Shin now.  She knows that Lulu doesn’t date a lot, since she barely mentions anything about guys.  In fact, Sooyun is the only one that really brings up anything about boys…  Perhaps Lulu is tired of meeting “little boys” and wants a real man, according to Hana’s theory.  Well, Lulu seems like a sweet, humble young woman.  How could no guy want someone like that?

            I hope that Lulu will find someone that really likes her for who she is in the near future.  She deserves the best of the best, Sooyun thought.

 

 

            “Wow…  There’s a lot of teenage girls here today.” comments Hana, as she eyes the group of high school girls at the water fountain.  They were giggling and talking loudly with smoothies in their hands as they look at something on their phones.

            “They’re everywhere.” adds Sooyun, as she looks at the girls in front of them.

            Hana laughs and shook her head.  “It’s a Friday after all.” she said, as she looks at Sooyun.  “It was to be expected.”

            “How is your new job?” asked Sooyun, as Hana points to a shop.  She nods her head and they went in.

            Hana had quitted her job at the KFC they were working at and got a full time job at the beauty salon.  She looks over at Sooyun with a smile as they enter the store.  “It’s wonderful!!” she responds.  “Much better than working with hot oil and floured chicken!!”  Sooyun laughs.  “How about you and your makeup artistry school?”  Your clients were asking about you.”

            “I’m good.” she replies.  “School has been really distracting, since it’s so busy and all…  But, that’s really only the weekdays.  Do you think I can work part time on the weekend at the salon?”

            Sooyun had left her job when she and Shin moved.  Shin said that it wasn’t necessary to travel so far when they weren’t paying her much to begin with, which is true.

            “Maybe you should just work at a salon near you?  Or wait?” asks Hana, unsure.  “You should wait…  Did you say that you will have training soon?”  Sooyun nods her head.  “I think it’s best to wait, sweetie.”

            “Hmm…” she replies, facing the truth.  “That is true.  I should wait.” 

            Sooyun watches as Hana touches the material of a shirt.  She is slightly bored since she cares really little about clothes or fashion.  She shops for clothes when she feels like it, but now…  She did not feel like it at all.  She looks over at the men’s section.

            “I’m going to the guys’ section.” said Sooyun.  “I might get something for Shin.”

            “Hm.” nods Hana, not looking up.

            Sooyun walks over and looked at the selection.  There were things that she could see Shin wearing, but one graphic tee caught her eye the most.  It is a picture of Big Ben from London with a light blue sky and a bright red telephone booth.  Shin will be going to London soon and had told her that he’s excited.

            I’m sure this will bring him a lot of memories when he comes back, she thought with a smile.

            “What are you doing?” asked Hana, as she watches as Sooyun asked for a blank note card and a pen from the cashier after she paid for the shirt.

            “It’s for Shin.” she replies,  as she quickly write a message.  “A welcome home present, even though he won’t be home for a while.  I won’t be able to get anything for him since I’ll be busy with the training.  We have to do it on the weekends too.”

            “Awww….  HOW CUTE~” gushes Hana.

            “OMO!!!!  EXO M~” echoes a girl’s scream, loudly.

            “What in the world?” asks Hana.

            Sooyun quickly thanked the cashier and handed the pen back to her.  They quickly stepped out of the store and a group of boys in flamboyant clothing were walking their way.  There was a group of girls that were surrounding them and the body guards were trying to keep them away.  She quickly gasps, as she starts to hyperventilate.

            “Oh my God!!!!  It’s EXO M!!!!” she screams, excitedly.

            “What in the world?” questions Hana, in disbelief.  “No, it can’t-”

            “Omo!!!  It really is them!!” said Sooyun, excited. 

            “Wait, what-”

            “I forgot to get to Lu Han something!”

            “Give him that!”

            Hana points to the shirt that Sooyun had just bought.  “Oh my God…  Oh my God…  They’re coming!” said Sooyun, shocked. 

            The boys were only a meter away when she becomes tongue-tied.  But, she quickly takes in a breath as they walk pass by her and Hana.  The body guards were too distracted with the other fans to even realize that there were shoppers just standing there that could have touched the boys.  Kris smells lovely and that almost distracts her.  

            “Shin…  I-I mean, L-Lu Han!”

            He quickly turns to look at her…  Here she is, standing face to face, next to the Lu Han…  He and Shin looks exactly alike… 

            Sooyun quickly starts to follow them as they continue to their destination.  A soft smile touches his lips as he gives her a small bow.  “P-Please take this!” said Sooyun, as she hands him the shopping bag.  Unfortunately, he leaves her hanging to her disappointment.  “It might not be a good present, but please take it.”  He flashes her a look and hesitates to take the present.

            Sooyun watches as Lu Han quickly looked back to the front at the manager, over Kris’ shoulder.  She got a good view of his side profile…  Exactly like Shin’s.  But, before he could turn back to face her, one of the body guards turn their attention to her.

            “Yah!” yells the bodyguard, as the group comes to a sudden halt.  Sooyun could see at the corner of her eyes that the body guard is charging towards her.

            Lu Han quickly turns back to face her with a big, warm smile and grabs the bag from her hands and their hands lightly brushing against each others.  It has been 2 months since she has been touched by a man and the sudden, warm hands of Lu Han’s sent electricity throughout Sooyun’s body.

            “Thank you!” she said, quickly letting go. 

            She quickly bows a 90 degree bow and holds it.  She watches the footsteps of the idols, bodyguards, and fans walk past her.  After the crowd walks away, she stands up straight.  She watches as Lu Han walks away and her eyes starts to water, as she thought of Shin. 

            Everything looks the same…  Even their backs look the same, she thought.  And, that has only made her miss her boyfriend even more.

            “Sung Sooyun.” breathes Hana, as she quickly comes to her side.  She pulls her to look at her.  “Yah…  Why are you crying?  Did those bodyguards hurt you?!”

            She quickly wipes her tears as she feels them roll down her cheeks and shakes her head.  “It’s nothing.” she replies.  “I just miss my boyfriend.”

            I hate to watch you walk away, Moon Shin, thought Sooyun.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Ha ha…  Super unrealistic, but I couldn’t help it.  I wish could just randomly meet Exo M at the mall and buy something for Lu Han.  Who doesn’t?  LOL

            Hope you all enjoyed this!!  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho