Chapter 10 – Life Will Never Be The Same

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

FYI: Terms in RED = CHINESE

 

                Lu Han slips out of bed quietly, carefully trying not to wake up Lay.  He quickly pulled on a black hoodie and grabbed his phone and wallet.  It was the middle of the night and he was sneaking off to a minimart he spotted near the dorms.

                It wasn’t like he was going to do anything bad.  All he wanted to do was eating junk food and drink some soda for the last time.  As a trainee, he didn’t know that idols have restricted diets.  When their exercising trainers had told them what their meal plan was, he was horrified. 

                He had thought that idols could do anything that they wanted to do: eat anything they wanted and go anywhere they wanted.  Apparently, it isn’t like that at all to his surprise.  Well, actually, his idea on how idols’ worlds are was completely off. 

                After buying a bag of chips and a small can of his favorite carbonated drink, Lu Han sat in the staircase of EXO M’s condo.  He gingerly opened the bag of chips.  Before eating it, he took a good whiff of it.  Before EXO M officially debuts at the Chinese Billboard Music Award, he wants his last taste of normality.

                In less than 24 hours, his world will no longer be normal.  He will no longer be able to step outside of the dorms and walk along the streets of Beijing like any other 22 year old Chinese young man.  After waiting and working so hard, he was finally going to debut….    He popped the can open and held the cold aluminum can up to his lips.  The sweet drink filled his throat, reminding him of why he loves it so much, and quickly went down his throat.  The bubbly drink slightly stings in the greatest way.

                He, then, slipped his hand into the bag of chips and pulled out a piece of beautifully fried slice of crispy potato.  He opened his mouth and placed it on his tongue.  The oily, satisfyingly salty, and addicting flavor exploded in his mouth, making him let out a soft moan.  It has been a long time since he last ate one of his favorite snacks from his high school years.

                Life, itself, will no longer be the same, Lu Han think.

                No.  Life will never be the same anymore.

 

 

                Lu Han smiled a small smile as he sat on his chair.  It is EXO M’s first interview ever.  And, he isn’t sure how it will go.  He is nervous on how he is going to answer questions directed at him.  He took a deep breath as he looked over at Kris.  There is a lot of pressure on Kris right now.  The interview will be streaming live on the internet and there is absolutely no room for mistakes. 

                The company has given them mock interviews before, but the people interview them are people that they know, so it was too casual.  But, this is serious.  This interview will mark the beginning of EXO M’s activities officially outside of their debut stage at the Chinese Billboards Award Show.

                Lu Han looked over at Xiu Min and Chen.  It will be hard for them, now that the roles are switched.  At first, it was hard for Lu Han to learn Korean and it took him a while to get used to the language.  It was the same for Kris, Lay, and Tao as well.  For his Korean team members, they are no longer in Korea, where they had once thought that they will debut there.  It is unfortunate that they will no longer understand what other people around them are saying because it’s a whole different country.  They will have to rely on the Chinese translator, band mates, and manager.  Mandarin is hard, but so is Korean.  Lu Han felt empathy towards the pair.    Xiu Min caught his gaze and flashed a cute smile at him.  He smiled in return, wanting to pinch his chubby, adorable cheeks.

                The group smiled shyly at the fans as they stepped into the room.  Each of them carried a picture of each of the members, but there were at least 2 more fangirls carrying Lu Han and Kris’s pictures.  Lu Han was surprised when he found out that he was one of the most popular EXO members.  He honestly felt rather plain when compared to all the handsome boys of EXO.              But, he wasn’t surprised that Kris is popular at all.  He is a handsome guy.  No one could deny that.  If Lu Han had to pick the one person that visually oozes all the manliest aspects that manifests in EXO M, it would be Kris.  Not that Lu Han himself isn’t manly at all…  It’s just that his face doesn’t convey that automatically.

                At times, Lu Han felt that his baby face saves him money for still being able to get the “child’s” price at amusement parks, but he felt like it hinders his emotional growth at times.  He’s always hearing how “cute” or “adorable” from girls, but never something like “handsome” or “manly.”  For a moment, Lu Han wonders if that’s how Xiu Min, the other baby face, feels sometimes.  He hasn’t thought about talking to him about that topic yet, but hope to soon.

                The PD signaled the makeup artist.  She is supposed to re-powder the boys and prep them visually for the cameras along with the MC.  She quickly did so, just dusting them here and there.  Before Lu Han knew it, they were on cue to go on live.  He took in a deep breath, trying to get himself ready.

                There’s no turning back…  Now that it has begun, he thinks.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

                Sorry for not updating for a while…  Life has been REALLY busy, so I hope you all understand!

                I hope you all enjoy this short update!  It’s been a while since Lu Han’s been in the picture, so I thought that it would be nice to touch base on him.  I know, I know….  It’s not really juicy yet, but it will be in time. 

                Lu Han won’t know about Shin’s existence for a while.  So, please be patient.   LOL  If he knew, he’d probably freak out!!

                With the gif, I couldn't help it...  Lu Han was so ADORABLE!!!  LOL  EXO M was so nervous with their first interview!  SO CUTE~~!!!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho