Chapter 17 – Might as Well

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

 

                Lu Han quickly glances at the computer screen as it turns on.  Then, he looks around himself in case he gets caught.  It is midnight and he is doing something that has been bothering him for a while.  He quickly logs onto the computer.  Then, he impatiently waits for the computer to start up.  After what he felt what was like 30 seconds, he moves quickly to do what he needs to do on the computer.

                Lu Han clicks on IE, one of the multiple Chinese web browsers that are offered, and started feeling nervous.  He quickly went on Baidu and typed in “Lu Han look alike.”  The video has only been a day old since it was posted up in Korea, but it has already spread all over Youku and Baidu.  Lu Han had checked his Baidu bar before going to bed and that was all his fans could talk about…  This guy that looks exactly like him.  He hasn’t seen it, but has been itching to do so.  He wants to know who this person is… 

                Could it be possible that I have a twin brother that my parents had never told me about?, thought Lu Han, horrified.  I know that Mom’s side has the twin gene and all…  If it was true, why would they simply give up one son and keep the other?  That doesn’t make sense!

                He takes in a deep breath before double clicking a video on Youku.  He sits back in the comfy, spinning chair and tries to relax as the video started.  But, the moment when he saw a familiar figure appear, he quickly sits up and brings his face close to the screen.

                A fangirl’s scream could be heard in the background, as she approached the tall boy while she was recording everything with her phone.  Lu Han could tell that she was using an iPhone with the quality of the video as she pushes the phone into his face.  His haircut was similar to his, but his hair has been dyed brown from the last video.  To any observant EXO fan, regardless of the change of hair color, the boy still looks exactly like Lu Han.

                “Oh!!!  LU HAN OPPA!!  Can you please sign this for me?!!” she asked, excitedly. 

                She shoves the EXO M mini album and Starpie into his face.  He looked down at her while a frozen Starbucks drink with a confused face.   “Lu Han?” he asked, sounding slightly offended.  His voice was completely different from Lu Han’s.  It was deeper with a manly and soothing after affect to it.  From his voice, any EXO fan could tell that he isn’t Lu Han.  However, this fan refused to believe so.  “I’m not Lu Han.”

                “Ah, Lu Han Oppa!  Stop playing around!” said the girl, getting irritated. 

                She waves the album and sharpie gently in his face.  He doesn’t take the album, but just simply stared at it and not knowing what to do.  He flashed the fangirl a naughty smirk…  A facial expression that Lu Han, himself, didn’t even know that he could pull off.

                “I’m sorry, but I’m really not Lu Han.” he stated, politely. 

                “Well, who are you then?” asked the fangirl, trying to keep her cool but it was obvious that she was losing it.

                The boy just smiled and then started to walk away.  The fangirl followed him, trying to keep up with his broad strides.  Her heavy breathing could be heard in the background as she caught up to him just as he was about to cross the bustling street.

                He turned to the girl, as the camera continued to record him, and smiled.  “You should put that camera away…  I’m just a regular person, you know.” he said.  “I’m no one famous.  Just Moon Shin.”

                “M-Moon Shin?” asked the fangirl.

                The boy laughed and started to power walk away.  The fangirl was trying her best not to break into a run as she tried to follow him.  But, his tall and slender body quickly slipped into a huge crowd.  He practically disappeared into thin air as the video came to a stop.

                Lu Han watches the video over and over for 3 times in a row.  So, he is Korean…  He’s not Chinese, he thought.  And, that should mean that we are in not related in any form or way.  He quickly rubs his face out of frustration.  Who are you, Moon Shin?

                He tried to look up the guy…  Moon Shin.  But, the Chinese netizens seem to have little on him besides the fact that he’s a model for an online shopping mall.  The guy’s hair color was still the same ash blonde as his in those pictures, making Lu Han feel slightly disturbed.

                It’s kind of scary…  We look so much alike that he might as well be my long lost identical twin or something, thought Lu Han as he tried to blink away his sleepiness.

                He continued to stare at the paused video.  Moon Shin was looking directly into the camera.  His hair was professionally scuplted and his clothes looks neat and crisp, as if he was going out somewhere; a different image from the last video of him.  For a split second, Lu Han forgot and wonders why he, himself, was in the video.

                “Hyung.” said Chen, scaring him.  Lu Han quickly turns around to see Chen at the end of the hallway, in the darkness, blinking frequently because of the bright light of the computer screen.  “Lu Han Hyung, what are you doing?”

                Before he could exit out of the webpage, Chen was already at his side.  Lu Han just lets out a heavy sigh as the younger male quickly observes the page.  “I still can’t believe that this guy looks exactly like you, Hyung.” he commented.

                “I know.” he groaned.

                “Your parents have a lot of explaining to do.” chuckled Chen.

                Lu Han laughs lightheartedly, hoping that it will melt away his disturbance.  “Yeah, I know…” he said.

 

 

 

                “Hello?” asked the other end.

                Lu Han could feel his lips become dry.  It has been so long since he last spoke to his mother that he isn’t sure of the emotions he is feeling.  The last time his mother had said anything to him was that she was disappointed in him for going behind her back and signing up to be an international student at Yonsei University in Korea.  In addition, she said that he was no longer her child and Lu Han was dead to her because he refused to listen to her.

                “Mom.” replied Lu Han, with a hoarse voice.

                Surely she and his father have heard about EXO M’s debut…  They have been all over the news and each member’s names have been repeated over and over.  “Hello everyone!  I am EXO M’s member, Lu Han.”  At first, he was reluctant to debut with his full, real name: Lu Han.  He was even thinking about taking on a stage name, in case his parents started to complain about using the family name.  But, in the end, decided not to.  He couldn’t stand living with the fact that he will have to learn how to respond to two different names, like Lay, Chen, and Xiumin.

                The main reason Lay was given his stage name is because SME wanted fans to remember his name better.  And, then, Chen and Xiumin were given Mandarin-sounding stage names to seem more Chinese.  Because of the company never actually suggested Lu Han to get a stage name, he just decided that it was best that way.  His name really is simple, it’s not hard for foreigners to pronounce, and he’s used to people calling him by his full name anyways.

                “It’s good to know you are doing well.” said Mrs. Lu, which indicates that she has heard about EXO M's popularity.

                Lu Han couldn’t tell if his mother is happy or disappointed to hear from him.  Her response is making him disappointed in himself because he was somewhat expecting his mother, if not his father, to forgive him.  He swallowed down his sadness as he took in a deep breath.

                “How have you and Dad been?” he asked.

                “We’re fine.” she replied, disinterested in the conversation.  It is quite clear that she didn’t want to elaborate.

                “Mom.” he repeated.  “Do…  Do I have an identical twin brother?”

                “Why would you ever ask that?” she asked, offended.  “Of course not!  How could you ever think that your father and I would lie to you for all these years?

                “No, no!” said Lu Han, defending himself.  “That’s not what I mean.  Just listen to what I have to say…  There is a guy that looks exactly like me and I just wanted to know.

                Mrs. Lu scoffed.  “Sweetie, he could be anybody’s kid.  As far as I am aware, I only gave birth to one son and that is you.” she replied. 

                Lu Han takes in a calming breath.  “Alright then…  That’s good to know.” he said.

                “Was that all?” asked Mrs. Lu.

                Lu Han hesitates.  He really wants to visit home since he has been away for so long.  He wants to sleep on his bed, eat his mom’s homemade dishes, and watch soccer games with his dad.  He misses them, but from the tone that his mother is talking to him, it is quite clear that he will be an uninvited guest.

                “Y-Yeah.” he replied.

                “I have to go now.” said Mrs. Lu.  “Good bye, Han.”

                “Bye, Mom.” he said, softly.  And, with that, he hangs up.

                Lu Han takes in a deep breath, as he lay down on his bed.  Coming back to China to debut is definitely a good thing, but…  To not have any family members that care at all, makes him sad.  Why should he even debut in China when his family doesn’t even care?  He much rather debut in Korea because he doesn’t have to deal with the fact that home is only a few miles away…

                It’s almost not fair...  Sure, I get to follow my dreams, but my parents despise me.  If I went with their dreams for me, then I would be unhappy because even if I tried, I still wouldn't be good enough, he thought.  Have I wronged in my past life to deserve such a loveless family?

               

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

                Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!  ^^  More insight to Lu Han’s personal life.  I do hope you understand that as a fan, I am not fully aware of his relationship is with his parents.  This is just how I want it to be for my story, so please don’t take Lu Han’s unaccepting and stubborn parents personally….  :)

                I tried really hard...  But, I couldn't help it.  If you guys haven't realized this yet, then I was trying to get the GIFs in chronological order, which explains so many W Live SM Fashionistas gifs of Lu Han.  Anyways, he was so so so ADORABLE in this gif and he was trying so hard to hold back his tears.  T.T  Oh, beautiful Lu Han!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho