Cute, Not Manly

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

 

            Lu Han smiles as he stares at Sooyun’s reflection in the mirror.  He is getting his hair trimmed and colored at her best friend’s salon.  SM decided to go to a different beauty salon that just happened to have connections with her.  He isn’t surprised because this salon was popular among the common people and celebrities for the hair and makeup services the workers provide.

            Sooyun is busy, reading a magazine in her hand.  Her role today is being the co-manager since the other managers were busy with the other members around Seoul due to individual activities.  Lu Han is there with Xiumin, Tao, Baekhyun, and Sehun.

            Although he has no say in how his hair was cut and dyed, he is glad that it’s bound to be shorter and a medium brown color.  Those two aspects combined will make him look manlier, not that he wasn’t already manly but his slightly longer, blonde hair wasn’t conveying his girlfriend that.  Sooyun keeps on calling him adorable, making him want to prove to her wrong.

            He is a man, not a boy or a baby.

            “Sooyun-ah.” called Hana, the hairstylist working on Lu Han’s hair. 

            “Hm?” she responds, looking up from her magazine.

            “Lu Han says that your Mandarin is astounding.” commented Hana, as she smiles at him through the mirror.  He feels his face burn as he smiles back.  “Why don’t you say something?”

            Sooyun her head, surprised.  “Like what?” she asks.

            “I don’t know.” laughed Hana, as she continued to snip a bit of Lu Han’s hair.

            “My boyfriend is so adorable.” says Sooyun in Mandarin, doing the bbuing bbuing.  Hana responds by laughing and nodding at her excellent pronounciation.

            The aegyo makes Lu Han smile brightly as they lock eyes through the mirror, but her statement made him upset.  “I’m manly!” retorts Lu Han in Mandarin.

            “No, baby, you’re cute.” replies Sooyun, still in Mandarin.

            “What about in bed?” quickly asking Lu Han in his native tongue, mischeviously.

            He could see her open to say something when Tao interrupts her in the same language, “Yah!  Keep this conversation out of the gutter, Lu Ge!”  He, then, ends up laughing.  “Why don’t you show Jiejie how manly you are later?”

            “Yah!” interjected Sooyun, now in Korean.  “Why are you giving him ideas?”

            Hana starts to laugh hard as she placed on her apron.  She pulls out a brush and started to dust the hair off of the nape of Lu Han’s hair.  He could do that if he wanted to, but that won’t happen.  Sooyun wants to keep off limits until they hit their 1 year anniversary first since they’ve already slept with each other many times before.

            “What did you say Tao?” asks Hana.

            “Nothing much.” he responds, keeping his mouth shut.

            Hana laughed.  “I’m sure it wasn’t anything.” she retorted.  “Lu Han, I’ll be coloring your hair now, OK?  Let me go and get the color ready.”

            Lu Han looked up and smiled at her, nodding.  He glanced back at the mirror and observed what Hana did.  It was definitely a shorter hair style, giving him a more mature vibe.  In the mirror, he notices Sooyun giving him a look.  Her eyes were twinkling as she rests her chin on the back of her hand.

            “You look good.” she compliments, in Mandarin.

            “Manlier?” asks Lu Han, making her laugh.

            “You’re still just as cute as ever.” she continues, making him pout.

            Tao starts to laugh, causing Lu Han to glare at him.  “You don’t scare me.” he comments.

            “Yah, yah!” intervenes Baekhyun.  “If you guys are going to talk, talk in Korean.  We, non-Mandarin-speaking people here, don’t understand a you’re saying.”

            “It’s probably best if you don’t know what they’re saying.” smiles Xiumin.

            “Are you talkinga bout ?” asks Sehun, being his sassy self.

            “No.” quickly replys Sooyun, making the younger man smirk.

            “Sure,” he laughs.  “Whatever you say.  Lu Han Hyung’s face sure doesn’t seen to convey that.”

            What?, thought Lu Han, as he glances at the mirror.  What face?  I didn’t make a face.

            He catches Sooyun’s disgusted face.  “Yah,” starts Lu Han, as he defends himself.  “It’s not what you think.”

            She flashes him a smile.  “Of course that’s what you’ll say.” she says.  Then, she lets out a soft laugh.  “Aigoo, you’re so cute just like a baby.”

            Lu Han pouts.  “Lu Ge, that face is not helping the situation.” comments Tao, making him glare at the younger man. 

            He is boiling with anger and he knew it that it shouldn’t be that way, but he couldn’t help himself.  Sure, he has a baby face but that doesn’t mean that he’s not manly at soul.  How can his girlfriend not see that with all the s he’s made her have?  All the sudden, Lu Han gasps.  What if she was faking it the whole time?!

            Nah…, think Lu Han.  There’s no way she can fake it and make it that convincing…  Or, could she?

 

 

            “I don’t know why you insist on following me home, Lu Han.” says Sooyun, as she quickly closes the front door to her enormous house.

            She absolutely refused to let him into her car after she and the driver dropped the guys and him off at the dorms.  Although Lu Han went home disappointed, he knew that he wasn’t defeated.  He quickly changed his clothes and disguished himself after calling a taxi company to pick him up.  It would be nice to be able to drive his car, but with sasaengs trailing behind his every minute it was best not to. 

            Lu Han can hear the frustration in Sooyun’s voice as she turns to face him.  “Because I want to be with you.” he states, getting angry as he glances at her.  “What is so wrong about wanting to be with you?”

            “Lu Han, don’t act like you don’t know.” spits out Sooyun.  “You know exactly why I don’t allow you to visit me here unless if some of the guys tagged along too.”  He knows that it was a stupid idea for him to be going to her place with the possibility of paparazzis following him, but he couldn’t help himself.    He just wanted to be with her, alone.   

            “We can’t be doing this forever, Sooyun.” defends Lu Han.             

            “You know how bad it will be if the public finds out about us.” she attacks.  “Your fans will hate, criticize, and leave you, Lu Han.  That’s the last thing I want for you, Lu Han.  I know that you care a lot about me, but don’t risk everything for me.”

            He closes his eyes and opens them slowly.  “You have no idea how much I wouldn’t mind doing that.” he admits.

            Sooyun frowns, making him sad.  “You don’t know what you’re saying.” she accuses.

            “Yes, I do.” retorts Lu Han.

            “No, you don’t.” says Sooyun.

            “Do you even know how much I love you?” asks Lu Han as calmly as possible.

            A short silence falls over them before Sooyun replies.  “A lot.” she mutters, with a weak voice.

            Lu Han reaches across the space between them and cups her face in his hands.  He looks into her soul and says, “I love you more than my life, Sung Sooyun.”  Before she can respond, he pulls her into a hug.  “I really just want to be with you tonight.” he whispers into her hair.  He backs away from the hug to wipe her tears away.  “I’m sorry I made you angry at me…  I know that you’re worried about me and I should be more careful because the one that would be hurt the most would be you…  But you’re my girlfriend and I want to really want to be with you.”

            Sooyun shook her head.  “No…  I should be more understanding…” she says.

            Lu Han pouts.  “Is it OK if I come here more often?” he asks.

            “Well, it depends when.” says Sooyun.

            “How about after late night practices?” suggests Lu Han, beaming a smile.  “It’s late and dark, so I’m sure most people wouldn’t know.”  Sooyun was still wearing a face, to his disappointment.  “You’re still worried, aren’t you?”

            “As much as I want to tell the world that you’re my boyfriend, I don’t want you to get in trouble.” answers Sooyun.  “I know that you’re worried about me, but I’ve been through this before with Shin so I’m well aware of what the fans will do.  They’re predicable.”

            Lu Han frowns as he watches as his girlfriend grabs his hand and pulls him toward the living room.  If he isn’t careful about their relationship, then someone is bound to discover them.  Chen and Sooyun had been a bit friendlier than before with each other just to ward off any suspicions of their relationship.  Even though Lu Han was against the idea at first, he realizes why it may now be essential to keeping their relationship a secret. 

            He is being much more reckless with Sooyun than he was with Xiao Xue, which confirms his unfaltering and strong feelings for his Admin SY.  He still can’t believe that he thought he was over when he really wasn’t at all when she came back into his life.  If anything, he has fallen a million times harder in love with Sung Sooyun than before.  He wants the world to know, but there are so many consequences.

            Sure, he’ll loose a fan here and there but…  Sooyun will be the target of all the hate.  Although Shin was a great and wonderful man that should have had more years, Sooyun’s past with him doesn’t help their relationship in anyway.  The public will surely assume that Sooyun seduced him because she can’t move on from Shin and she is using Lu Han fill a void in her heart.  Although it will seem that way, he is certain that she has moved on from Shin. 

            She doesn’t say much about the dead young man and, when she does, it’s usually simple things like “I think Shin and I went there once…” or “Shin and I had dinner at that club once when we were here in Shanghai.”  It was never anything like “I miss Shin” or even accidentally calling him Shin once.

            “Why are you looking at me like that?” asks Sooyun, with a small smile. 

            Lu Han returns that same smile and quickly kisses her on the lips, silently.  He pulls away as she looks up at him.  “I’m manly, right?” he asks.

            “Nah…  You’re cute.” laughs Sooyun.

            She quickly pinches his cheeks, only angering him.  “I’m manly.” he states.

            “Cu-” replies Sooyun.

            “Manly, Sooyun.  MANLY!” interrupts Lu Han.  Before she can say anything, he pulls her into a wet, breathless passionate kiss.  “Am I manly now?”

            Sooyun responds with a sly smile and he instantly knows what that means.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            Sorry it took me so long to write this!!!!  T^T  I ONLY DID A QUICK OVERVIEW OF THIS CHAPTER SO EXCUSE THE HORRIBLE GRAMMAR!!! 

            Hmmm…  Now that we know that Baekhyun and Taeyeon are dating, what were all your reactions?  I wasn’t completely surprised to be honest.  They can date all they want and I could care less because they’re only human.  The only thing that probably upsets me the most is that I don’t like how idols have to date in secrecy and how they feel the need to lie to their fans to give proper fanservice…..   

            If only fans weren’t so possessive of the celebrities, then they wouldn’t these types of “scandals” wouldn’t happen.  All those fake fanservices wouldn’t be taken so seriously either by the fans because we would all really know where Baekhyun’s heart lies.  I’m not going to lie…  I was initially quite upset about the news even though Baekhyun isn’t my bias.  Then, it got me to think about how I would feel if it was Lu Han instead and that just made me sad.  Regardless of how much it hurt, I had to face the reality that I am no one special to Lu Han.  He may be the whole world to me, but I am just one of the thousands of fangirls that love him. 

            In addition……  I’ve come to realize that it’s about time I get a darn boyfriend.  LMAO

            In a way, this chapter was inspired by the BaekTae dating scandal…  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho