Chapter 18 – Hungry

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

 

 

                Shin leans in close to Sooyun’s face, eliminating the space in between them.  She looks up from her Genetics’ homework after feeling his warm breath on her face.  Their noses lightly brush against each other as she turns to look at him and she lightly pushes him away.

                “Yah…” she whispers, looking frantically around the library.  “Don’t be like this now.  We’re in public!”

                Shin lets out a soft, naughty chuckle as he flips through her class notes.  He had gotten out early from a photo shoot for an online fashion brand, so decided to surprise Sooyun.  To his disappointment, she wasn’t as excited to see him.  She is still insecure about them going out in public together because of her weight and skin, which is something that he cares less about.

                It has been a month since they went to see the dermatologist.  The dermatologist had confirmed that Sooyun has one of the worst types of acne, so that she could probably take an extreme approach to get rid of it if she wanted.  And, she did.  She is currently taking isotretinoin , which is an oral medication that has many side effects ranging from the common dry skin to the rare side effect of depression.  It has only been a month, but her skin is obviously healing at a steady rate.

                The pair had also gotten memberships at a gym not too far away from home as well.  Although Sooyun complained, Shin got her a personal trainer to maximize her weight loss benefits.  They go to the gym almost every night.  It has become a part of their schedules now and Shin was worried that he might not be able to come home in time for today.

                “When are you going to be done?” asks Shin, as he looks at his watch.  It was almost 5 pm.  They have been eating dinner much earlier now because Sooyun likes to wait 2 hours after dinner to go to the gym.  “We should get something to eat soon.”

                “I just need to look for the answer for this question quickly.” she replies.  Her eyes were glued to the text book in front of her.  All the sudden, she looks up.  “I don’t think that it’s a good idea for us to eat outside…”

                “Why?” asks Shin, making sure she could hear her sadness.

                “Well, aren’t there still EXO fans trying to hunt you down?” asks Sooyun, softly.

                Shin purses his lips into a thin line.  “Well, yeah…  But, I honestly don’t care.” he replies.  “It is what it is…  Let’s just go eat anyways.”

                “I don’t-” starts Sooyun.

                “Who cares what other people are thinking?” interrupts Shin, now angry.  He takes in a deep breath as he looks into her eyes.  “I don’t care what other people thinks…  I love you.”  He places his big, warm hands over her small, cold ones.  “I love you so much and all that matters is that I get to spend my time with you.”

                Sooyun blinks rapidly and smiles softly in his direction.  “I want to do everything with you.” Shin continues, as he smiles brightly. 

                He quickly leans back into her and pressed his lips against hers.   His lips curled into a smile as he could feel her respond softly to the kiss.  They pull away after 2 seconds with big smiles.  He takes her hands in his and starts to warm them in between his palms.

                “Why don’t we go eat?” asks Shin.  “You must be hungry.”

                Sooyun laughs and nods her head, giving in.  “Sure.”

 

 

               

                They decided to go to a pork hock restaurant.  Fortunately, they were able to get seats right away.  Although there were a few college students glancing at the two, no one seemed to really care about the odd pairing.

                Shin could tell that Sooyun is starving as she waited anxiously for the food.  He reaches into his messenger bag and pulls out half a chocolate bar.  He breaks off a piece and pushes it up to her lips.  She quickly pulls her face away, embarrassed.

                “What are you doing?” askes Sooyun, disapprovingly.  She quickly looks around as she takes the piece of chocolate into her hand instead.

                Shin frowns.  “What am I doing?  Well, it’s obvious that you’re hungry.  I don’t want you to starve.” he replies, as she nibbles on the piece.

                “Sorry.” Sooyun apologizes.  “It’s just embarrassing.”  Her face is turning bright red.

                Shin smiles and opens his mouth to when the waiter brought out the food.  He looks over at Sooyun as her eyes light up with excitement.  He couldn’t help it and let out a laugh.

                “You look so hungry that you can eat all of these for yourself.” teases Shin.

                Sooyun looks up at him as she fixes herself a lettuce wrap, while frowning.  When she was done, she places the wrap up to his lips.  “Eat.” she commands.  Shin smiles his dashing smile and parts his lips, eating the whole lettuce wrap in one bite.  Sooyun makes another wrap for herself and takes a bite.  “I…  Accidentally skipped lunch.”

                Shin’s eyes narrows.  “How did you accidentally skip lunch?” he questions. 

                “I was busy.  One of my classmates and I were finishing our chemistry lab write up and it took most of the time.” shrugs Sooyun.

                Shin nods his head slowly.  “Don’t you ever skip lunch again.  It’s not good for you.” he says, as he made a wrap.  He quickly hands it to Sooyun.  “You’re burning a lot of calories, so it’s not good for you to skip meals.”

                Sooyun nods as she takes a bite.  “I’m sorry for making you worry.” she said.  “It won’t ever happen again.”

                Shin smiles.  “Now, that’s my good girl.  Maybe I should start making you lunches?  How about that?”

                “Shin, it’s totally fine.” says Sooyun.  “I-”

                “Oh, I know!” says Shin, excited.  “Why don’t I come eat lunch with you every day until your summer break?”  Sooyun makes an unsure face.  “Oh, come on!  It’s only going to be about 4 more weeks until you’re out of school, Sooyun.”

                “But, don’t you have go-sees to go to almost every day?”  she asks.

                Shin shakes his head.  “Actually, I’ve been declining a lot of go-sees recently…” he says, softly.

                “What?  Why?” asks Sooyun, surprised. 

                The brands and magazines that are making the love calls to the modeling agency are mainly Japanese because Shin processes the cute, doe-eyed, and boyish looks that the Japanese society adores so much.  He shot down the offers as soon as he heard that he would have to travel overseas, making the modeling agency and Manager Kyungsoon mad at him.  He doesn’t want to leave Sooyun when he told her that he’d be by her side forever.  If his career was only in Korea, then let it be.

                “I don’t want to leave for Japan.” states Shin.

                “Japan?” questions Sooyun, slowly.  “Did a Japanese brand offer you a modeling job?”

                Shin takes in a deep breath as he makes himself a lettuce wrap.  “Actually…  There were 3 luxury Japanese brands offered me modeling jobs and 2 Japanese magazines offered me a 5 page fashion spread each…” he replies, meekly and is unable to look at her.  “All within this month.  And, all that I declined.  I’m suspecting that because of the growing fanbase of KPOP over there, they must have found me somehow.”

                Sooyun becomes quiet, not touching her food.  Shin turns to look at her as she stares at the food in front of her.  “Sooyun, say something.” he commands.

                He watches her as she swallows hard.  “Why didn’t you just go?” she asks.  “I would have been perfectly fine with it.”

                “No.  There’s no way I would just go.” replies Shin, stubbornly.  “I want to be here with you…  I don’t want you to be alone.  I don’t care how much they give me; there will always be other offers elsewhere.”

                Sooyun takes in a breath.  “If that’s the case, then why are you avoiding go-sees for Korean magazine fashion spreads?” she boldly asks, looking up to meet his eyes.  “Why are you hindering your own modeling career for me?”

                Shin could feel his eyes widen at her remark.  She must have overheard my conversation with Manager Kyungsoon the other day, he thought.  Ever since the online shopping mall uploaded his pictures, the EXO fanbase exploded at the similarity between him and Lu Han.  It has created so much attention that even other fanbases were interested in their similarities along with the interests of Korean fashion magazines.  There have been a few offers here and there, but Shin is ignoring them.  He hasn’t declined nor accepted them yet.

                “It’s simple.” Shin breathes.  “I don’t want anyone to hurt you…  I’d rather live my life fameless and be able to walk on the streets with you like any other day than become famous and let my love for you live in the darkness.”

                Sooyun’s eyes start to water and lightly kick him under the table.  “You fool, you’re making me want to cry.” she says, as she looks away.  She quickly wipes her tears away and looks back at him.

                He couldn’t contain his smile.  “Well, I can’t help it, but love you.”

                “You say that all the time.”

                “Well, of course!  I love you, Sooyun.  I love you, Sooyun.  I love you, Sooyun.  It’s the truth, that’s why it sounds so good!”

                Sooyun lets out a laugh and nods her head.  “The truth has never sounded so sweet before.”

                “Exactly…  That’s why I love you.”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

                Hope you all enjoy this update!  I know, it’s super FLUFFLY but I can’t help it!!  I love SHIN!!  Ha ha!

                This will probably my only update for the next 2 weeks or so…  SORRY!!!  I have finals coming up soon and I can NOT afford to be side tracked!!  T.T  But, thank you all so much for your love and support!  Please be patient until my next update!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho