150+ Days

A Cyborg Like My Perfect Bias [Hiatus]

 

 

            “Has Hana been sleeping over a lot?” asks Mr. Sung, over the phone. 

            He has been calling 2 times a week to check up on her.  It seems like it will be like that for many more years to come.  He is worried that there will be no one to look out for her anymore.  Sooyun did try to commit suicide once, but that was when she first woke up at the hospital and found out about Shin’s death.  She hasn’t tried to since, but Mr. Sung is still worried.  Hana has always been a good friend and keeps a good tab on Sooyun, but the woman has a life.  Mr. Sung knows that he can’t be dependent on Hana for the rest of Sooyun’s life.  Thus, he is trying to take it into his own hands.

            “Yeah…” replies Sooyun.  She gained her voice back after the funeral.

            “I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to be working so soon.” says Mr. Sung, softly.  “You should take another month off.”

            Sooyun swallows hard.  “I need to go back…” she says.  “I don’t want to lose my clients.”

            Mr. Sung lets out a long sigh.  “You, of all people, know that that is just an excuse.” he states.

            Sooyun’s lips starts to tremble.  “W-Well, how do you want me to deal with it?” she asks, as her voice becomes weak.  “I know that Shin is dead.  I’ve known that for many days now!  If I can’t become a workaholic, then what do you want from me?  I can’t possibly live in this big house alone!”

            There was a silence on the other end for a while.  Sooyun opens to continue when her father cuts her off.

            “Then sell it.” he suggests.  “If you can’t live in it, then sell it.  Even if you two already bought the house, you can’t seem to live in it anymore.”

            The hand that was holding onto the phone starts to shake as she cries.  “Dad…  I can’t.” she counters. 

            “I didn’t mean to make you cry, Sweetie…” says Mr. Sung.  “I love you and I never meant to hurt you.  I know…  It’s hard right now but you will eventually move on.”

            “H-How did you ever get over Mom’s death?” asks Sooyun.

            “I had a little angel that fell from Heaven called Sung Sooyun.” he says.  “She was the one that kept me going.  I know that it’s hard, but continue to live life Sooyun.  Shin would’ve wanted that.”

 

 


 

 

            Lu Han wakes up with a gasp as he sits up in bed.  His bedroom is submerged in complete darkness.  He breathes heavily as his heart goes on a rampage.  He swallows hard as he wipes off the cold sweat.  He blinks slowly as he looks over at Lay.  The younger boy is still sleeping, not knowing that his roomate just had another night terror.  Slowly slipping out of bed, Lu Han tried his best not to wake Lay up.  He had woken up Lay and the other guys so much in the last 4 months, that he feels guilt even before falling asleep.  He doesn’t know how he’s going to make up for them.  He quickly takes off his completely soaked clothes and finds new, dry ones.

            He has been having night terrors for many months now.  The night terror is the same every single night….  Of the day that Moon Shin died: how it started off in the morning up to the moment that he got shot. 

            Lu Han takes in a deep breath, trying to calm down his beating heart.  The sound of Sung Sooyun’s scream starts to ring in his ear again and he shakes his head, in hopes of getting rid of it.  It is useless.  Lu Han feels a shiver go down his spine and he quickly went back into bed. 

            He takes in another deep breath as he stares at the ceiling.  For a split second, he wonders how Sung Sooyun is doing.

            “How are you doing?” he whispers, pretending to be talking to her face to face.  “Are you OK?  You must miss him a lot, right?”  He pauses, imagining her response.  “Don’t worry…  I will always be here if you need help…  I promise.”

            Is he really promising himself to her?  They don’t even know each other personally.  Well, at least not in real life.  How is he supposed to help her when she needs him?  They’re not even face to face with each other…  And, he hasn’t contacted her ever since she told the truth of who she really is.

            I’m going crazy, thought Lu Han.  I’m definitely going crazy.

            Lu Han has become scared of sleeping because of his constant night terrors.  He has been seeing a psychologist regarding his dreams and his feelings towards Moon Shin’s death.  Yes, he felt bad and was upset that the younger boy died.  The thing that confused the psychologist the most is that they don’t know each other personally.  They had never interacted with each other.

            Perhaps it’s because you two look exactly alike.  You seem to feel physically linked to the Moon Shin because you two look alike.  Thus, you are mourning.  These night terrors’ frequency and intensity should diminish as you recover from the death.

            That was what the shrink had said months ago…  The night terror’s frequency and intensity has been the same as the beginning.  Is Lu Han really mourning of Shin’s death?  If he is, how is he supposed to recover and move on from the death?  First of all, he doesn’t even know the guy.  He couldn’t even think about going to Sung Sooyun either…  He doesn’t want to make it worst for her.  She had already suffered enough with the death of her, now, ex-fiancé.  Their similar faces will only make her cry.

            Lu Han doesn’t know what to do with crying girls…  He had never dealt with one before.  He will only stare at her, which will only make him look like an .  Thinking too hard, Lu Han faceplams, but he smacks his face loudly.  The sound echoes throughout the room and he winces, as he lightly touches his forehead.

            Ow…, he thought.

            “Do you still like her?” asked Lay, scaring the daylights out of Lu Han.

            After his heart has calmed down, Lu Han swallowed hard.  “Y-You’re awake?” he asks

            “I’ve been awake ever since your night terror started…  Which was 2 hours ago.” replies Lay.

            “I’m sorry.” quickly apologizes Lu Han.  “I always wa-

            “It’s OK.” counters Lay.

            Lu Han’s lips tremble.  Lay is only saying that because he is such a nice friend.  If it was another person, then they would be complaining by now.  He feels blessed to have such an amazing friend as Zhang Yixing. 

            “You didn’t answer my question…” states Lay.

            Lu Han quickly thinks for a second.  Does he still like Sung Sooyun?  Well, he cares for her…  He wasn’t sure if it is the same intensity as it was before Shin’s death.  If anything, he should feel sympathy for her, but for some reason, he is distancing himself away from her.  Slowly he’s trying to forget about her, even though others will say that this is his chance to get her to fall for him.  He and Shin look alike.  So, it wouldn’t be hard to get her to fall in love with him, right?  But, Lu Han doesn’t want to go that route and he doesn’t know why.

            “Yeah…” he replied.

            Technically, he does.  If she is standing in front of him right now, he would want to be with her in a romantic way: holding hands, kissing, or just standing really close to her will be good enough for him.  He still wants that, like the young man he is.

            “It must be hard to know that her dead fiancé looks like you…” comments Lay.

            “That’s what that makes it worse.” blinks Lu Han.

            “What will you say to her if you ever met her in person, again?” asks Lay, curious.

            “Tell her the truth…  That I’m really Lulu.  And, that I care a lot about her and she will always have a friend in me.” he replies.

            “I think she’ll be happy to know.” says Lay, softly.  “You should tell her that.  Maybe you can ask Manager Ge to find out where she lives and meet-”

            “Not any time soon.” interrupts Lu Han, as his heart rate shoots up.  “Maybe when our schedules aren’t so busy…”

            He doesn’t want to meet her.  In his mind, he would like to say those things to her.  But, he knows that in real life, it wouldn’t happen.  He would take it to his grave, more than likely.

            Perhaps in another lifetime, Lu Han thought.

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

            I know…  Things are moving fast.  That’s how it will be for a little while (considering the fact that one of the main characters already died).

            I hope you guys enjoy this update!!!  ^^

LOVE,

loveFORyunho