I Really Don't Care.

Is Everyone Here Like This?!

“Yah! Hit the ball already!!” Gosh! L.Joe gets so heated up on the court! I feel bad for Ricky and Niel who were practicing with him at the moment. He smashed the ball towards them, both missing it. “Can’t you two hit at all!?!” He was fuming. “And, hurry up! He yelled towards me.

“Yes, yes~” I joked, handing him water while we switched out. We decided that me and L.Joe will compete in both the doubles and singles matches and have the Sandeul-Gongchan pair and Ricky-Niel pair for doubles also. I felt horrible for Yun Ki, who I could see practicing against the wall at the end of the courts. “Yah, Ji Yong! Par attention!” L.Joe yelled. So annoying.

I rallied with Niel and Ricky, switching with L.Joe after I won. I quickly went over to Yun Ki while he played. I knew he wouldn’t be long against those two; no offense of course. “Yun Ki, are you doing well?” I asked her as she kept her eyes on the ball she was hitting against the wall.

“Yup. Go back.” She was very focused and left before me and L.Joe had to switch again. This went on the whole day. I had a routine of checking on Yun Ki every now and then.

“Ok, practice starts right after class tomorrow again.” L.Joe said, looking just fine while the rest of us were exhausted. How does he do it…?

Me and Sandeul grumbled about being overworked with soccer and now tennis on our way back to the dorms. We all went to our respective rooms. I fell asleep before I could even think about eating.

 

Jinyoung POV

Wah…she looks so tired. Was it like this when we were training for soccer too? She was probably even more exhausted with the soccer training before haha. She just fell asleep the second she could… I wonder if she was still trying to set up L.Joe and Yun Ki. Gongchan told me the other day about how L.Joe didn’t include Yun Ki in like, anything for the tournaments.

Oh well. I’m sure if they’re meant to be, they’ll get together. I’m the type to just let stuff happen over time while Ji Yong always wants to be the matchmaker and deal with all that drama. I find it pointless since these people are most likely going to get together. Like with Changjo and Eun Hyun. They already liked each other and they got together on their own, pretty much.

I find it futile. Yun Ki likes L.Joe and I’m pretty sure he’ll get used to her eventually. They’ll be fine.

 

L.Joe POV

“Switch!” I yelled out to Ji Yong, going to get a drink. Ah…it’s too hot today… I watched Ji Yong rally with Niel and Ricky. They need to move faster. She’s more swift.

I looked towards Sandeul and Gongchan practicing against each other. If only we had another pair to go against them. I glanced towards Yun Ki for a second. She was actually focusing. Good. One less thing to worry about.

 

Ji Yong POV

I panted after me and L.Joe switched. It’s just too hot today to do anything… I looked towards Yun Ki. Working so hard in this heat… Geez, she’s just like L.Joe. How do they magically stay completely on top of everything in this heat?! Ugh…whatever. By the time I finished my menial thoughts, it was already time to switch back to playing. Why does L.Joe have to be so fast…?

 

L.Joe POV

I’m so drained… I took a water bottle, splashing some on myself. Gotta keep focused. I’m the captain. I can’t show that I’m tired or else everyone will think it’s ok to slack. I know that’s how Niel and Ricky think at least. I glanced over at Yun Ki again. She’s been working just as hard as us and I don’t think she’s had a drink all day. I wasn’t really paying attention to her, so maybe she did.

 

Ji Yong POV

We switched out and I literally fell onto ground, leaning against the wall for a quick breather. What time is it? Practice should just be over. It was obvious that everyone was exhausted; well, except the inhumane L.Joe and Yun Ki. I looked over to her. She doesn’t have water…I should go give her some. “Hurry up!” L.Joe shouted to me. I groaned, promising I would go hand her a bottle of water next switch.

 

L.Joe POV

I looked towards Sandeul and Gongchan. The two were doing exceptionally well today. They had good speed and rhythm. And now that I notice, Gongchan might have the potential to be a singles player. He’s really nimble on his feet and has the strength to play on his own too. The two gulped down some water, making me look to Yun Ki.

I swear, she hasn’t had a drink all day. I watched Ji Yong, Niel, and Ricky for a second; all three getting slower and more tired. I’ll go give her some water before she faints from dehydration. I don’t want to waste the time taking her to the infirmary if she faints.

“Drink.” I held it towards her while she hit the ball hard against the wall. I’m sure she barely noticed me there, so I just left the bottle there, going back to switch with Ji Yong.

 

Ji Yong POV

Ah! L.Joe put a bottle next to her!! Care~ I’ll leave the issue alone for now haha. He at least cared enough to notice she was practicing so hard! I picked a bit of energy, getting a little more spirit from the event. “Slow down.” L.Joe spoke. Hm? “You’ll overwork yourself.” Why can’t you care for Yun Ki, even as a teammate like this…?

 

L.Joe POV

“Ok. Same time tomorrow.” Everyone trudged out of the courts, but I noticed Yun Ki go back to practicing after the rest left. “You should go rest.” I said.

“I want to practice more.” She said hitting the ball against the wall. She’s got determination, I can admit that.

“Here.” I grabbed the ball. “Come.” I motioned to a court. Her expression didn’t change as we started to rally. Hm. She’s actually not bad as a singles player. Maybe next year she’ll get better. She’s still not good enough to compete in anything and win.

She missed the ball eventually, not that I was really trying hard at all. “Ok. Let’s go now.” I said, walking to the door. I took the ball with me, feeling like she would protest. I have enough care for my members to not let them overwork themselves.

We walked back to the dorms together, but didn’t talk until we reached her dorm.

“Captain.” She suddenly said, making me stop to glance up. “Do you think I’ll be better next year? To compete with you guys?” How unexpected.

“Based on what I saw today, you should be with us in next year’s tournaments.” She smiled, going inside without so much as a goodbye. At least she’s not a slacker.

 

Jinyoung POV

Ji Yong pretty much fainted as she walked in today. She must be really tired… and it was especially hot today too. I hope she can make it to the end of the week…

We all went to class the next day, but I could tell that all the tennis kids were out of it. I’m sure L.Joe even fell asleep during the lecture; he’s the type who would never pass out in the middle of class like that… They must all be working their butts off right now.

 

L.Joe POV

“Switch!” I sat down, leaning against the wall. I glanced over to Yun Ki. Still working hard. No water, like usual. I went over, placing a bottle next to her. “You should take a break.” I said, walking back after she ignored me.

The day went on as always. Yun Ki stayed behind to practice more today again. She’s going to pass out from fatigue if she keeps going. It’s not like we’ve eaten anything since lunch.

“Hey. Come in for today.” I said to her. She kept hitting the ball against the wall. I wish she wasn’t so determined right now.

“Just a minute.” She finally replied.

“No. Come in now. You’re going to faint.”

“What does it matter to you?” Tch.

“I’m the captain and I said go in. I can kick you off the team for not following my guidance.” She let the ball fall past her, glaring at me. “Go in.” She threw her racket down, walking past me. “Yah! Pick it up!” I yelled furiously. How dare she disrespect our equipment. She should now that she’ll be punished just like the rest.

“No.”

“Do it.” I growled at her.

“Maybe I don’t even want to be on this stupid tennis team anymore! I quit! Now what are you going to do?!” She screamed at me. Tch.

“Taking the easy way out? And I was even starting to get a little respect for you after you practiced so hard. Guess it was my mistake.” I picked the racket up, leaving her alone on the courts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was written for Block B cause I'm so excited that they just came back today!! >< GAH!!! Their song is soo good!! I was totally spazzing around when I saw it come out!! So, today's chapter was written out of my excitement as a BBC! I swear I must spazz more when Block B come back than when B1A4 releases a song! XD (Total BANA and BBC, I support many fandoms!)

So, do you guys think L.Joe and Yun Ki should be together in the end? I can't exactly tell what's going to happen with these two as of now... So what do you think? Any suggestions?