Am I Your Target?

Is Everyone Here Like This?!

Ji Yong POV

Me and Sandeul ate breakfast together, talking about all the rest we can get in the next two days. The idea seemed too good to be true after the grueling 6 days we had just went through.

We went back to the dorms, to our respective rooms; well technically I went to Gongchan’s. I lay down; even if it was still morning, my body knew it should take this opportunity for rest. I wanted to go see Jinyoung, but then again, I really wanted him to get his rest. What if he gets sick from all the work he has been doing? This break should be a nice rest for him.

.

“Ji Yong-ah!” I woke up to Gongchan’s angry yelling. “Your phone just keeps ringing!” He handed it to me.

“Oh sorry…” It started ringing again. I just picked it up without checking who it was since they kept calling. “Hello?”

“Ji Yong…”

“Jinyoung? Why are you calling? You can just walk over…”

“Just come…” He hung up. I wonder what’s with him. I checked the time; ah, it’s already 9!? My body must really be exhausted to sleep the whole day. I got up, walking over to Jinyoung’s room.

“Jinyoung?” He was missing from his usual spot at his desk.

“Ji Yong…” He was on his bed; his eyes were closed and he looked so tired. I crouched next to his bed.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. He slowly opened his eyes halfway, turning his head to me.

“It’s so tiring…”

“What is?” He extended his arm out to me.

“Come…” I held his hand, leaning a little closer. “Don’t be mean, come here.” I lay next to him. He shut his eyes again. “Soccer is so…tiring. Just making plays day after day…”

“Why are you taking everything upon yourself?” He looked at me. “We’re all a team; we can help you. Don’t just overwork yourself and not let us help.” He smiled weakly.

“But…you guys don’t…never mind.” He looked away.

“Hm? What were you going to say?”

“Nothing.”

“No, really.” He bit his lip.

“This is why you guys get the break…because I asked the principal and he allowed it if I kept working…”

“What!?” I sat up, hitting my head on the top bunk. He sat up, patting my head.

“Don’t worry about it.”

“How can I not worry?! You need this break the most! Do you think I don’t know about how you barely rest these days!?” He lay back down.

“It’s all for the nationals. When we get there and win, then I can rest.” I lay back next to him.

“We can get there only if you don’t overwork yourself sick.” He turned to me, smiling.

“How is it that after I see you, I feel re-energized?”

“I don’t know, I guess I just have that effect haha.” He closed his eyes again. “Are you going to sleep?”

“No. I’m just trying to rest. This is why I had to call you instead of going over. My brain needs to keep working, but it wants to see you too.” I smiled.

“How conflicting.” I joked. He put his arm around my waist, smiling.

“Can you stay here today?” he asked.

“Don’t you need to focus? And doesn’t L.Joe-ah stay here…”

“So what? I want you to stay today.” He scooted closer to me. “So just stay.” I don’t really have a choice…not that I wanted to leave.

 

L.Joe POV

“Jinyoung.” I walked in his room. Hm? He’s not here? I looked at his bed. O-Oh…they’re asleep… His arm was tightly latched around her waist and her head on his chest. I felt bad for staring… I really wanted to move his arm away, but I knew that was bad. I.. I’ve given up and shouldn’t bother them. I went up to my bed, but constantly found myself looking down at them. I sighed. This’ll take a while, won’t it?

 

Gongchan POV

Where’s Ji Yong? I thought to myself; it was already past midnight. She’s not back in Sandeul’s room again, is she!?! I quickly went over, just to make sure. No one answered until I knocked for the fifth time. Sandeul opened the door. “Hey.” He yawned.

“Ah…is Ji Yong-ah here?” I asked. His hair was all messed up; I must have woken him up. It makes him look hotter though.

“No.” He narrowed his eyes at me. “I heard what happened the other day. Just to let you know, I’m not a girlfriend stealer.”

“I never said that!” I quickly replied.

“So you meant that Ji Yong-ah was a then?” He crossed his arms.

“W-What!?! No! I just…” He sighed.

“Whatever. She’s not here.” He tried to close the door, but I held it open.

“I really didn’t mean it like that.”

“Then what did you mean? Do you just like Ji Yong-ah? You were jealous of me and Jinyoung?”

“No!”

“Then what!?” I forced him into a hug. “W-What are you doing!?!” He pushed me away, but I kept my grip on him.

“Why are you so stupid…?”

“W-What?”

“I was jealous of Ji Yong-ah…all because of you…” He shoved me away.

“G-Go to sleep.” He shut the door. Why did I just do!? I just…ruined anything I had with Sandeul, didn’t I…?

 

Jinyoung POV

“Mmm…” I opened my eyes, seeing Ji Yong still asleep. I smiled, but quickly remembered that I had to get back to work. I stepped over her, getting off the bed. I went back to my desk; I had to make two more plays before the end of the day. I just needed two more! I was excited over that, but I had no idea what plays they could be. There is only so much my soccer brain can come up with…

Hm? Where are they? I looked around, getting a bit frantic. Where are they!?! Ji Yong must have woken up from my ruckus. “Is something wrong?” She said, rubbing her eyes.

“I can’t find them…” I kept searching around.

“Oh the plays? I took them.” My eyes darted to her.

“What? Why?”

“Well…I told everyone about what happened after you fell asleep and we came up with some stuff on our own.”

“What?”

“We made some plays for the team together.”

“R-Really?” she nodded.

“I wish you had told us earlier…” I sat next to her.

“How many did you guys do?” I asked, smiling.

“Together we made…four.”

“What!? Four!? Really!?” She nodded, a bit confused. I hugged her tight. “I only need to make two more! Thank you!!” She pat my head.

“You should thank everyone; we all did it together.” We went outside. I went to Sandeul’s room to thank him too. I knocked on the door.

 

“W-Who is it?” He asked from the inside.

“Jinyoung and Ji Yong.” He opened it slowly, peeking his head out, looking around.

“Hey…” He kept looking around.

“Well don’t you look suspicious? What’s with you?” I asked. The way he kept looking around was just weird.

“Avoiding someone.”

“Who? Why?”

“T-That’s not important. Why’d you come?”

“To thank you of course; about the soccer plays!” He smiled.

“Oh, that’s nothing! You should have told us about your situation!”

“Hehe thanks again. But who are you avoiding?” He looked around more, shifting his eyes from left to right.

“Gongchan.” He said quietly.

“Why?”

“He…I’m pretty sure he’s…never mind. See you later.” He tried to shut the door when I put my foot in the way.

“You can talk about if you want.” Ji Yong said. He hesitated, but let us in, locking the door behind us. “So why are you avoiding him?”

“I…I’m pretty sure he’s gay…and that I’m his target.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha the way Sandeul say he's his "target" pfft. I don't know, it just sounds like her thinks Gongchan will (insert word that doesn't make the site automatically re-rate my chapter as M) him or something XD (Now I'm thinking of B1A4's Beautiful Taget haha) Anyway, Jinyoung's sacrifice was so nice, but Ji Yong's solution was nice too! L.Joe's trying his best to move on too! I wonder what Gongchan's going to do now~ Sandeul's pretty freaked out.

So excited about the next chapter! I don't know; it's just one of those things kpop fans are in love with - guyxguy relationships. There is just something so addictive and attractive to us about those... Well maybe not all, but MANY MANY of us haha. I think most of us readers on this site are guilty of that haha (must mark my subscriptions to private now haha- I'm just joking~ kind of...not really.)

And I don't know why, but I feel so awkward using the word "hot" as I did in this chapter. I've never felt ok using that to describe a person. It's always either cute or y, but never hot...Strange... I can't use that word, yet I can read about guyxguy stories...and we all know how innocent those are haha (Ok enough with the guyxguy jokes :P)

I think I might actually update a chapter for this story instead of my other one today, so stay tuned if you're interested! And thank you to @ HisyaR for caring about my studies! I really love to procrastinate and don't have too much work this week, and just love to write this story for myself and others, so thank you anyway!! *sending you a special heart* <3 :D *feels awkward now...* *ends chapter in awkwardness*