Not Just An Umma

Is Everyone Here Like This?!

“Chunji-ah!” I found him walking around. “We have to swim on Tuesday!” I was panicked.

“What!? But today’s pretty much over!”

“I know!” I wonder if I can pretend to be sick…

“Well you know the basics, I just have to teach you how to move your arms and we’re done!” He dragged me to the pool after we changed into our swim suits.

“Ok. You have to swing your arms like this.” He demonstrated. “Your turn now.” I tried my best. “You’re doing well!” I felt like he was lying… “Ok now just do the arms and kick your legs.” I think I did ok. “This is already good enough. I didn’t think you would be able to learn in two days. That’s just amazing.”

“As long as I can do the basic form, I’ll be good for class, right?” I asked.

“Yup. We mostly just play water games, so it’ll be fine.” Thank God! We dried ourselves and I put my t-shirt back on. Great! I should have just learned to swim years ago! Chunji and I walked back to the dorms. We stopped outside mine.

“Well goodnight.” He said.

“Ah wait.” He turned. I hugged him. “Thank you so much for today!” I said squeezing him tight.

“Ah. I-It’s no problem.” I let go. His face was red.

“Goodnight.” He smiled and left. How cute~

 

Jinyoung POV

Did I just see that…? Chunji and Ji Yong just…! What did she mean by thanks for today?! What did they do?! I followed Ji Yong back to our room. She was already sitting on her bed. “What was that about?” I asked her.

“What?” she asked cluelessly.

“You know what I mean. With Chunji?”

“Oh that. He just helped me out today.”

“And the hug?” I crossed my arms.

“As thank you.”

“For what?” I questioned.

“Helping me.” Ugh! Such dodgy answers!

“With what!?” I yelled, annoyed.

“It doesn’t concern you Appa.” She lied down. Appa?! I stood on my bed to see her face to face.

“Tell me now.” I looked at her.

“Why do I have to tell you?” She turned the other way.

“You just said I was your Appa, so you have to tell me.” I said.

“He helped me improve my skills in a certain sport.” She looked back at me.

“And which sport was that?”

“Swimming.” Swimming? That’s it?

“Is that really all it was?” I asked skeptically.

“Yes Appa. Now stop bugging me.”

“Yah~ I was just being protective of my daughter~” I smiled. Her face saddened a little.

“Well good night Dad.” She smiled. Why did she look sad for that second? Maybe I just imagined it??

I got down. Her phone rang. “Hello? Yes. Are you…okay? I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before.” There was a long silence. “Yes, of course. I’m happy.” She had a small smile on her face. “Ok. Bye. I love you too…” She hung up. I saw a tear drop from her eye as she put down the phone.

“Ji Yong-ah…” She smiled and looked at me. “Are you okay?” She jumped off her bed and instantly hugged me. W-What is she doing?!

“I’m doing great!” She let go, ecstatic. “I’ll be back!” She ran out the door. Must have been good news then…I lied down. My face felt hot.

 

Ji Yong POV

I banged on L.Joe’s door. “L.Joe-ah!” He opened it in a hurry.

“What’s wrong?!” He yelled. I hugged him tightly.

“He stopped dating her! He’s not going to marry her!” I hugged him as tight as I could.

“Really!? That’s great!” He hugged me back.

“I told him how I felt and he really listened! Thank you L.Joe-ah!”

“What are you two doing?!” Gongchan yelled, shocked. I immediately let go. L.Joe’s face was pink.

“Ah. I’m sorry! I was just really excited! Goodnight.” I went back to my room. Jinyoung was standing in the door.

“What was that?! Now L.Joe got a hug for helping you!?” he yelled.

“He really helped me out.” I climbed to my bed.

“Did it have to do with that phone call?” he asked. I nodded, smiling like an idiot.

“That’s good then.” He paused. “But I don’t want you touching him again!” He yelled in his mom voice.

“Yes Umma!” I lied down laughing. “Umma?”

“Yes.” Jinyoung said looking at me.

“Weren’t you just Appa? How can you change like that?” I asked laughing.

“I’m both your Umma and Appa.” He said smiling.

“How disgusting…”

“Yah!” We both laughed. “Well goodnight.”

.

The next day, it was time for track. We just jogged around the school. It was so hot! I’m definitely taking an extra shower tonight. We all changed and went back to the dorms. Baro, Sandeul, and Gongchan all went to the showers first. I’ll take one before I sleep. I went back to my room and did some of the math homework for today.

I kept getting distracted. I had to think about what team I wanted to be on for the school. I think I’ll join with tennis, soccer, and basketball, maybe even track. I’m not sure yet. I know I have to join the teams soon though. I tried to focus on the homework, but it was really easy so I finished most of it when L.Joe came in.

“Ji Yong-ah…do you understand the math homework for today?” he asked looking down. Does he not?! It’s sooo easy! “Yeah…Can you help me?” Well what’s easy for me may be hard for him and vice versa.

“Ok sure.” He sat down next to me, pulling up another chair to the desk I was using. “Which one do you need help with?” I asked.

“Well…let’s just start with number 1!” He smiled. Oh my…he doesn’t even get the first one!?

“This one isn’t too hard. You start by doing this.” I wrote down the steps, noticing him leaning closer with every number I wrote.

“Is that it!?” he was surprised. His face was almost touching mine.

“Y-Yeah. It’s not too bad.” He smiled, getting up.

“Thank you, I’ll go try the rest by myself!” He left. My face was so warm… I went back to work. There was a small knock on the door. “About number 2…”

“Come in.” L.Joe sat back next to me. I explained it to him. He kept leaning in closer as if he couldn’t see the writing on the paper. I finished. He stood up.

“Thank you again!” He left. Why do I suddenly feel weird around him…I mean it was just his face being a little closer than usual. A few minutes passed by and he came in again. “Ji Yong-ah…”

“Number 3?” He nodded. This time we just went through the whole worksheet together since I knew he would just come back again. I tried not to look at his face and was able to keep my cool. We finished the sheet and he stood up. “Thank you very much Ji Yong-ah. Sorry to have bugged you so much.” He smiled.

“It’s fine. By the way, I wanted to talk to you about something.” I said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does she want to talk about?? And Ji Yong seems to be getting a little blushy around L.Joe! It's funny that Jinyoung gets blushy when she hugged him once, but not when he hugs her to sleep. And did he have a little jealousy there??

OH MY GOSH. Today I did some advertising and SO MANY of you wonderful readers actually read my story and even subscribed! Thank you so much! (Inner tears of happiness) I seriously was taken aback at how many people responded!

I think my subscriber count literally doubled. Thank you for supporting my story!

If you have anything to say, as always, feel free to do so ^^