This Idiot.

Is Everyone Here Like This?!

“Jinyoung! Jinyoung!!”

“What!?” I yelled at Gongchan.

“I know why Ji Yong-ah’s acting like this! Eun Hyun-ah helped me!”

“Really!? Why is she being like this?!”

“We only had half of it; with the distracting and all.”

“What’s the other part?”

“Apparently, she hated your corny date.”

“H-Hated?” Hate is a really strong word and I know that Ji Yong doesn’t use words like that often.

“Yeah, hated.”

“But don’t girls like that cute, cheesy, drama-like dates? I know that it wasn’t a good date, but she was a little happy at least!”

“That’s another thing; she lied to you. She didn’t really have fun, but didn’t want to hurt your feelings since she knew you were trying. She tried being cheesy to cover it up, but when you did it, she hated it.”

“But why!?!”

“She loves it when you act cute and sweet and also your confidence, but not when you purposely pretend to be corny and shy.”

“S-She knew I was just pretending…?”

“Mmhuh. She saw through you easily~ I guess she just wanted you to be yourself rather than pretending to be all cute and sweet when you didn’t do it naturally.” I groaned.

“She’s so demanding…”

“Haha, I can kind of see where she’s coming from; she doesn’t want a relationship where you have to pretend nor does she want to distract you since she wants you to do well in soccer.”

“But I just acted like that to get her affection!! It’s her fault then!”

“Don’t be a kid Jinyoung~ If you really want a kiss, just do it~”

“T-That’s not what I meant…”

“Oh Jinyoung haha. I totally know that you just want a kiss~ She’s the person you like, just admit that you want a kiss! It’s ok; you’re a guy full of hormones like everyone else! Well, I’ll talk to you later!” Hormones… Just because I do want a kiss, doesn’t mean that I’ll just force it on her…at least I hope not.

 

Ji Yong POV

Things I need to do: 1- check on Eun Hyun and Changjo. 2- Help Gongchan with Sandeul. 3- …Talk to Jinyoung…

I sighed. I hope he doesn’t believe that I don’t like him or something…I just want to let him do his best in soccer and then I just disliked that little thing about his cheesiness; It would have been fine if I knew he wasn’t faking…I just don’t want him to pretend that he’s all sweet at the moment if he didn’t actually want to do it… I sound like such a bad person right now…

“Ji Yong.” Jinyoung came in the room. His stare was serious.

“Yes?”

“You hated it that much?”

“What?”

“Was it because I was just pretending?”

“What are you talking about?” He stood in front of me, looking kind of upset now.

“The date; you hated it because I was just trying to appear sweet?”

“Oh, that…” He waited for a reply. “Yeah.”

“Do you even know why I was acting like that? It wasn’t just so I could be a cute boyfriend to you.” It wasn’t?

“Then why…?” He scoffed.

“It’s your fault.” He crossed his arms.

“What did I do?” Don’t just blame people.

“You’re the one who wouldn’t give me any affection. I even resorted to drama-like situations. You still rejected me.”

“I…don’t want to distract you.”

“What’s distracting is that you don’t even seem to like me anymore!” He screamed.

“I still like you!”

“Most couples can’t keep their hands off each other when they start dating, but you? You literally back away when I even lean close to you!”

“I didn’t mean for it to come across that way!” I yelled back.

“Tch. Whatever. Either way, you obviously don’t want to associate with me in anyway, as if I’m a disease.”

“Jinyoung!”

“You can just tell me that you don’t like me. It’s fine.” He walked out. Ugh! Why is he so stupid!?!

 

Jinyoung POV

Hmph. I went back to my room. If she didn’t like me that much, she shouldn’t have ever told me she liked me even a little. I waited around in my room. If she really liked me, she would have come after me. She didn’t. The answers are obvious now.

My phone rang. “What Gongchan?” I answered.

“Someone sounds a bit upset~”

“What do you want?”

“You first. Did you and Ji Yong-ah fight or something?” I exhaled in annoyance.

“I’m pretty sure we just broke up.”

“WHAT!?! You broke up!?!”

“It doesn’t matter. Now I can focus on soccer and not get “distracted” or whatever she calls it.”

“You don’t seem like you wanted to break up. Did she say it?”

“…I did it. She obviously doesn’t like me. She didn’t even chase after me when I stormed out.”

“Maybe she just stubborn like you? I’m sure she likes you.”

“Tch. I’ve always had my doubts.”

“Why? She seems to really like you.”

“She used to like L.Joe too, but that changed, didn’t it?”

“Don’t be so sassy~ I’m sure she didn’t mean it like that.”

“Whatever. How are you and Sandeul doing?”

“I wanted to call him, but…I feel like I’m too needy. Like I call him way too much or something.”

“No, he seems happy when you call. You should after tomorrow’s game.”

“Are you going to be able to focus?”

“Why wouldn’t I? Ji Yong breaking up with me doesn’t change a thing.”

“Wah…so cold sounding~ And don’t phrase it like that! I hope you do well tomorrow then.”

 

Gongchan POV

“Is it starting yet?” L.Joe asked, sitting next to me.

“Just about to. They’re up against the…who again?”

“Ecuador.”

 “Ah! It’s starting! Niel hurry up!” CAP yelled. We all gathered in the cafeteria, the one place on campus with a television. I’m pretty sure the principal hides one in his office though!

Welcome back for the fifth day of the soccer tournaments that will lead to the nationals!

“Ugh…commentators.” I shushed Baro. I didn’t want to miss anything!

On the first day, the Ecuadorians and team from Congo held the starting match for out tournament and Ecuador moved into the next round which will take place today. The second day consisted of a fight between Barbados and India; India being successful. On our third day of tournaments, the Korean-Americans and Italians battled it out; the Italians going back home. And finally, yesterday, the Australians and Japanese showed us an intense match; the Australians winning.

Today the match is between the Korean-Americans and Ecuadorians! I wonder who will be victorious!

 

Even though we didn’t skip school for the other tournament matches, we did record them to see how the other teams played. From what we could see the Australians and Ecuadorians were really good. I hope our guys can get past them.

And the first kick is from player Lee Chanhee. Looks like it didn’t get very far though, opposing player, Josue Quijije steals the ball, kicking it back down the field. Wait! Lee Junghwan jumped in, passing it to fellow player Alex before anyone could get to him. And AHHH! It’s already a goal for the Korean-American’s! What!?

“Already!?!” CAP was amazed. We all were, but there’s still 40 minutes left in the first half!

Ecuadorian member, Victor Torres is really keeping a defense on that ball. Seems like Jung Jinyoung is fighting hard to steal the ball. This doesn’t look too good.

 

Ji Yong POV

Aish. That guy is having a showdown with Jinyoung. Me and Sandeul started running over for back-up. This guy has such good defense! I could tell Jinyoung was starting to get really frustrated. Me and Sandeul tried to help as best as we could. I saw Jinyoung’s leg go up, like the first time we played together. This idiot.

 

Gongchan POV

OH! And player Kim Ji Yong goes down!

What!?! The referee blew his whistle, stopping the play. To stop the play…it must be serious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh no, Ji Yong seems to be seriously injuried. The ref even stopped the play! Wonder what's going to happen now. Jinyoung and Ji Yong fought...not good. I hope they resolve their issues soon. If only Eun Hyun and Gongchan hadn't phrased it the way they did! But anyway, I wonder if they can win and if Ji Yong is ok!

More of my lack of knowledge about soccer...but the opposing teams names were good this time ^^ It was funny how last time the Italians had American names and I thought, wow, I should just look up some Ecuadorian names- and then at the exact moment I was "researching" someone commented about it to XD

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^