Happy Endings Don't Always Come True

Is Everyone Here Like This?!

"So, are you going to the wedding?" Eun Hyun asked me.

"I guess I have to..." I said indifferently as we practiced our usual soccer drills. I looked at her, seeing her puffed up cheeks.

"Hmph. You'd think a good friend like you would come to her friend's wedding." She said with a scoff.

"I'm just kidding~ Of course I'm coming to your wedding. I still can't believe that you and Changjo are actually getting married."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" She yelled at me while we kept practicing.

"I just assumed that you two weren't going to keep dating after high school~"

"Tch. You and Jinyoung are still together, aren't you?"

"I guess, we haven't really met the past few years..."

"Yeah, but you two aren't even trying to pursue others, so...I would just expect you to to be dating still."

"I don't really know... I find it disappointing that he hasn't even called me. I try to call him when I can, but he doesn't pick up most of the times. If he does, it's just a quick hello and then one of us has to go."

"Well, you're both really busy too. I mean, you're on the national football team!"

"Can you just say South Korean soccer team? That makes everything sound much smoother. And you're on the team with me. You seem to have enough free time to be with Changjo..."

"Whatever. I'm sure that Jinyoung's super busy too. He's on the men's team."

"Of course he's busy...I still don't get how he's the captain on their side."

"He has leadership qualities? I don't know. Shouldn't you know that the best? You are his girlfriend."

"Please stop using that term. I can't use that title if I haven't even talked to him in over 2 years." Eun Hyun sighed.

"Whatever you say, Ji Yong~ Oh, did you ever hear from the others after we graduated? I lost contact with most of them..."

"Really? I still talk to some."

"Tch. You were always the favorite." She said spitefully, making me chuckle.

"If you say so~ But did you ever get that reunion card?" I asked her after practiced finished.

"Yeah, too bad the date was already past..."

"I know! Why would the school send it to us a whole month late?! We could have all caught up..."

"Well, you have some of their numbers, right? You can call and talk to them."

"Everyone is just too busy these days... I hope I can somehow meet with one of them though. We could probably see L.Joe at a tennis tournament."

"Yeah...I found it really hilarious went I learned that he was their captain too; for the professional team. I heard he's single again haha. He seems like the type to fall in love too easily and then find someone else who he likes better."

"I think L.Joe has really done some of the most impressive things though. Before we left school, I heard he got an offer to train with the Olympics teams."

"Ji Yong...you do realize that you would be in the Olympics too; being on the national women's soccer team."

"But he got accepted right out of high school! That was pretty amazing to me!"

"Didn't Gongchan get that offer too?" I nodded happily.

"Yup. I felt really bad that Sandeul didn't get an offer though. Neither did Niel or Ricky."

"Did you get one? I can't remember."

"I did, but I wanted to pursue soccer. I wasn't that great at tennis anyway."

"I suppose...wait. Did you just like soccer because of Jinyoung~?" She cooed at me while we changed back into our regular clothes.

"No, I actually enjoy the sport." I retorted. Must everything revolve around guys for her? "I really can't believe what happened to CNU though."

"I know! What kind of idiot goes to a high school concerning only sports, becomes the basketball captain there, and then decides to become a doctor in life?! He had so much potential! And CAP? I felt horrible after I heard what happened."

"It was really sad...but it was his fault, I guess. He didn't need to take steroids; he was built up enough."

"I never thought that he took that many though. He almost died...I suppose I'm happy that he gave up wrestling after that; his health is more important than any award or medal."

"Yeah. Who else gave up on sports?"

"Oh! Baro! Personally, I never thought he was the sports type. He's a PE teacher, right?"

"Yeah. I think he liked sports enough to teach them to students, but not enough to become an actual professional athlete."

"Who else was there...? Ah! Niel!"

"What are you talking about? Niel is on the professional swim team with Chunji and Changjo..." I corrected her.

"Ah, he is?! Oops..." I laughed at her mistake since her own boyfriend is on that team, or should I say fiancé? "Where did Ricky go again?"

"Geez Eun Hyun...I thought you would remember your friends lives a little more than this...he's on the soccer team with Jinyoung." She groaned.

"There are too many people to remember anyway! Wait, so are Sandeul and Gongchan on the tennis team then?" I shook my head.

"Gongchan is in tennis, but Sandeul chose soccer. It's so sad that they aren't a team anymore, but I think they're still dating on and off."

"I remembered~ I was just double checking." Oh sure~ "I felt especially sorry for Yun Ki though...We went into high school together, but she dropped out in senior year."

"Well, she decided that she didn't want to be an athlete. At least she got into a normal public school for her last year of high school."

"Yeah, but I just feel so upset about it still. Now I wish I had punched L.Joe and made Yun Ki rejoin the tennis team."

"Life is full of surprises; we just abide by them."

"Ji Yong, don't be getting all fancy with your words on me...I just wish I had convinced her before she left."

"It happens, not everyone is as dedicated as the kids who actually became athletes."

 

"Yes yes. I know." She tried changing the topic. "So, are you going to the game next week?" I stared at her blankly as we got to the parking lot. "Please tell me you are just playing right now." I shook my head, starting the car. She sighed, getting in the passenger seat. "You are hopeless...the men's soccer game against Japan next week?!"

"Oh yeah, what about it?" I asked, looking back while I pulled out of my parking space.

"Come on, Ji Yong, be serious now. You have the chance to see not only Sandeul and Ricky, but also Jinyoung!"

"And your point is?" She gawked at me.

"Ji Yong! Why won't you just go see him?! He's pretty much just sitting there!"

"He's a member of the team, Eun Hyun. It's not like I can actually talk to him there." She groaned, looking out the window.

"You're just going to regret it if you don't talk to him. He might find someone else that he likes. It's not like you two are committed necessarily."

"He can date someone if he wants."

"You'd be sad though."

"But if he finds someone new, it's okay."

"Why are you being like this?! You two were pretty much in love in high school! You can't just lose that connection to some random girl!"

"Eun Hyun..." She doesn't know what happened... "Don't you know what he said to me on the last day of school?"

"No. What?"

"He...he said he didn't want to see me again."

"He didn't mean it though. You know he was still upset and depressed about losing in the nationals. Anyone who worked as hard as he did would be devastated for not winning."

"We made it to second place...I didn't think he would be so upset about it..."

"You know Jinyoung. He's always impulsive and I'm sure he didn't mean to say something so harsh to you."

"I know, but...we never had a decent conversation after that." My phone started ringing, but Eun Hyun took it since I was still driving.

"Hello? Oh! Hey, this is Eun Hyun. She's driving right now. Yeah, sure. Yeah, I know about it. I asked her, but she said she wasn't going. Uh...yeah. I can tell you later. Yeah. Okay then." She hung up.

"Who was it?"

"Jinyoung. He said he wanted to talk, but then he had to go."

"That's expected..." I noticed that she was texting someone. "Who is it?" She nodded, continuing her conversation with whoever it was. Whatever...

 

We got back to the dorms, packing since our coach was giving us a good break. I really needed the next two weeks to rest. Oh yeah, and I can go to Eun Hyun's wedding too~ I hope the others are coming too...It would be nice to see them all again. It's been over 2 years now...almost 2 and a half...

.

"Ji Yong! Aren't you coming?!" I can't believe Eun Hyun is dragging me to the soccer game with her... "It's a miracle that I got those last minute tickets! You are coming with me!" She yelled, yanking me into the passenger's seat with her.

"I never said I wanted to go. I thought you just wanted to get dinner. How did you even get these tickets?"

"Someone was selling them on online for easy money. I had to take the opportunity." I sighed while she drove. She even made me dress well... "We're almost there anyway, so get a happy smile on. Someone might recognize you."

"Just the usual reporters at these types of games. They'll just think we're there to support the guys."

"That's why we're going. Now smile~" She said, getting out of the car. We walked into the stadium, staying close before we got crushed in the huge crowd. There were so many people! We got two seats kind of close to the field. At least we could easily see the game from that distance.

We were barely on time and the teams were already starting to come out. "Wah! Looks like Jinyoung's hair is black!" Eun Hyun was so excited... She was right though, his hair was black. It looks so much different from his old red hair, but he still has the same image...I can admit that he still looks the same expect for his hair color. Sandeul and Ricky's hair was back to black too, well, Ricky always kept black hair haha.

The game started, and I couldn't help my eyes from landing on Jinyoung. He was a great player, and I could tell he was still improving his skills too. They were all great! I noticed that Eun Hyun had one of those glow sticks on when it got dark outside. Where did she even get that...? Oh well, I wanted to keep watching the game. It was really intense.

 

The game ended, in our country's favor today. I was starting to get up when Eun Hyun yanked me arm back down. "Wait! The game isn't over yet!" She yelled, making a few other people sit back down too. I sighed, just wanting to go back home now...

We hope you fans enjoyed the game tonight, but we have to prolong it just a little longer! An announcer spoke. Yes, one of our team players would like to say something.

I hit Eun Hyun who kept her arms latched onto mine, trying to keep me sitting. "Hello everyone." I looked up, hearing the familiar voice. "Um...this may be embarrassing to a lot of people, but I'm not the shy type and would like to say some things right now."

"Aren't you glad you waited?" Eun Hyun asked, my eyes on the field.

"I don't know where she is in the audience, but I wanted to tell me girlfriend that I'm sorry for being so busy. I haven't seen her in over two years and I'm sure she doesn't even like me that much anymore...I hope she doesn't think that even though it's probably like that. This may be a stretch, but can you come out here? I want to see you again!"

Eun Hyun pulled me up, dragging me to the bottom of the stadium with her. "She's right here Jinyoung!" She screamed, getting his attention.

"So that's where you were hiding~"  He motioned over, Eun Hyun shoving me towards the field. I was shocked that something like this was even happening right now, but just walked to him.

"Did you miss me?" He asked, still keeping the microphone close to his mouth. "I'm sorry I couldn't see you much and I'm sorry for saying rude things that I didn't mean."

"It's okay..." I said quietly, seeing him smile.

"I had something to give you. I couldn't see you before, but I had it with me for the past two years. I bought it right after we graduated high school. I carried it around everywhere, in case I magically met you on the street. That didn't happen, so I thought you would have shown up to the reunion last month and made sure to bring it there too. I even had to send Eun Hyun tickets to get you here!" He exclaimed, showing that the item in question was in his fist. "I hope you can accept it." He said, taking my hand and placing it there.

"Y-You're not serious, are you...?" I asked, looking at the ring.

"You know I've always been the cocky type~" He cooed.

"But you-"

"Do you accept it or not? Or should I say, do you accept me or not?" I laughed, hitting him in the shoulder before I hugged him tight. "I'll take that as a yes then."

I'm glad I came to the game today. "Just tell me one thing." I said, pulling away a bit. "Do you really like me still?" He scoffed, pecking my forehead.

"It was always love~ At least I can tell it's mutual, right?" He smiled, giving me a quick kiss on the lips too.

"I still love you too." I said with another smile.

"Good; it's going to be like this for a very long time!" We both laughed, going back down the field together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you guys enjoy it? I hope you did! I really loved writing this story and hope to keep writing as usual~ I wanted to thank everyone for reading and commenting so much over the past months! You guys really stuck by my side. Even though I'll probably never get the chance to talk to many of you after this, I hope that you still enjoyed the story!

I do have other, much shorter, stories, so feel free to read them if you really liked this! (Now I don't want this one to end! ><) I hope you'll at least remember this story out of the million on this site! Gosh I'm getting all emotional now haha. See you another time then~