Act Better Than That.

Is Everyone Here Like This?!

Jinyoung POV

“Are you ok!?!” She wouldn’t say anything; she just silently let the referee look at her leg. “Say something!!” I screamed at her.

“Stop yelling.” She said. Ugh! She’s such an idiot! How can she get hurt right now and just be this calm!?! I can see her biting her lip hard, it obviously hurts!

“The injury isn’t severe, but she won’t be playing more. If she comes back today, it’ll be during the second half.” The referee said.

“There’s no fracture, right?” He didn’t respond. Tch. Referee’s. I rolled my eyes, while a medical member came to help Ji Yong up. She grabbed my shoulder as she walked past me.

“Don’t be such an idiot. How can you almost hurt the other team? You would have given them a direct kick foul. Aren’t you our captain? Act better.” Her words sent a chill down my spine.

She…was making sure I could stay in the game and protected our team? It even looked like an accident since we were all going for the ball, so she knew I wouldn’t get a foul. I’ll make sure it won’t happen again.

We resumed the match.

 

Gongchan POV

Player Kim Ji Yong is out of the game on injury!

“What!?!” We all yelled.

“Hey. You saw that, right?” CNU nudged me.

“What?” We all looked at him.

“Ji Yong-ah took the hit. Jinyoung was about to kick the other teams player and Ji Yong-ah jumped in front.”

“Seriously!?”

“Yeah, I’m positive. I know how impulsive Jinyoung can be, especially in a game. He would kick.” We all looked back to the screen. Ji Yong is pretty smart then. Jinyoung didn’t get any fouls either, but she’s a valuable player at the same time. Well, they both are.

Ecuadorian, Erick Martinez has taken the ball. It looks like Jung Jinyoung has gotten much more serious after his teammate was injured. He’s stolen the ball, kicking it to his fellow player Toby Wi--AH! The ball was stolen as quickly as it was claimed!

 

Ji Yong POV

I hope that idiot gets his head on straight now. I just had to sit in the infirmary tent until the referee “deemed my injury as acceptable.” They had a television with the match going on, luckily. “Come on Eun Hyun-ah! Defense is your thing!” Eun Hyun tends to switch her position often, as if she was midfielder, like me. I wish she wouldn’t though…sometimes it can be a bit confusing to our team, but we’ve learned to accept it.

WAH! Eun Hyun kicked it over to Sandeul! “YAH Sandeul-ah!” He can do it; he’s so close to the goal! AH!! He made it!! I had to contain myself or the people around would glare. I still squealed quietly. The next 30 minutes went by fast; the Ecuadorians scored more as did we, leaving the score at 3:4. We’re losing.

The 15 minute break came up soon. I anxiously waited while the referee checked my injury to see if I could still play today. Our supervisor came by, also curious and concerned.

The referee shook his head.

 

Gongchan POV

And we’re back! It seems player Kim Ji Yong’s injury is still in affect and she won’t be coming back to the match.

“What!?” L.Joe yelled out.

“It’s ok. She did well as a team player. It was either her or Jinyoung; he’s the captain, he would be better in the game than her.” CNU said.

“How can you just say that…?” L.Joe grumbled as the game resumed.

There was only 10 minutes and we were at a tie again. Every time we scored they would bring the game back to a tie. It was obvious that, on our side, Chris, Alex, Ki, and Jinyoung were all getting frustrated. They’re all super competitive and Jinyoung even had a better reason to be upset now that Ji Yong had taken one for the team. But that was the problem, both of them are valuable attackers, without Ji Yong, it was tough on our side to keep up. I guess it’s like a machine; one cog breaks and the whole team has a hard time functioning.

 

Player Yoo Changhyun takes the ball; it almost mirrors the exact situation from their last match in this tournament. Just as last time, Yoo Changhyun is going to the goal post with only minutes to spare with his teammates trying to get down there. Will it be like last time?!

“Ricky, you got this!” Niel screamed.

As expected Jung Jinyoung has come in aid to assist the goal. But wait! Opposing player, Anthony Guaman is keeping up his defense, preventing a last second goal!

We all just watched, no one said a thing. There were only 30 seconds left.

Hm? Something seems to be wrong with Jung Jinyoung? He—what is he-- has made the goal!!

“YEAH!!!” We screamed with the crowd on the television. “Jinyoung actually started using those techniques he always practices! Thank you God for making him smart for that moment to actually use it!”

And that moves the Korean-Americans onto the next match in two days. Tomorrow the Australians and Indians will be duking it out to see who competes with the Korean- Americans for the nationals. The winner of that grand match will move on into the nationals with the bigger leagues.

“They have a chance for the nationals!!” We all cheered.

 

Jinyoung POV

“Where is she?” I went into the infirmary tent, asking our supervisor to take me with him.

“Ah, Jinyoung! Congrats on your goal.” She smiled. This idiot, she was hopping on one leg.

“Is it serious?” I asked, ignoring her comments.

“It’s just like the first time.”

“The first time? Do you mean…when I kicked you last time?” She nodded.

“We should go back to the hotel now.” Our supervisor mentioned, hearing approaching reporters.

“Why are you so upset looking? You should be excited.” She smiled.

“Why are you so…” I bent down looking at her injury; it was dark purple and bruised.

“Don’t stare… A watched wound doesn’t heal fast.” I stood up.

“Don’t make stupid jokes right now.” She frowned.

“It’s your fault for making a stupid decision on the field. Don’t get upset at me.” Ugh! She is so...!

“We really need to leave now; have your argument in the car.” Our supervisor kept chiming in.

“Fine, we can talk on the move.” I grabbed her arm, helping her walk.

“I can manage, it’s fine.” She resisted.

“Don’t act so mature.” I picked her up.

“J-Jinyoung, let go!” She shouted, but I kept her in my arms, walking out of the tent. Cameras flashed and I didn’t care. We need to talk. Now.

 

Gongchan POV

“Hey! You guys, come look at the pictures of the match online!” Baro called us over.

“We already watched it, why look at pictures?”

“Because something else happened after the match~” He laughed.

“Is that Jinyoung?! What’s he doing!?!” L.Joe yelled.

“Pfft. I guess he was upset and wanted to take care of his girlfriend~” Niel cooed as we looked at shots of Jinyoung carrying an embarrassed Ji Yong out of the infirmary tent. I kept the info that they broke up from the guys. I’m sure Jinyoung was just being rash and impulsive as usual then and didn’t really mean it.

Ah, I should call Sandeul too. He even made a real goal today~ It’s been about…5 hours since the match, he shouldn’t be too busy. I went back to my room, dialing his number.

“Hello?” He picked up.

“Sandeul, congrats on your goal!”

“Ah Gongchan? Thank you!” He said happily.

“So are you doing well today?” I asked.

“Of course! How about you?”

“I’m just getting through the day…”

“Is it that boring lately?”

“Yeah, I can’t see you! I only see these guys here!”

“A-Ah yeah…anyway…”

“Are you shy~? Because I like you?” I chuckled a little.

“N-NO! I was just…taken off guard.”

“Is that so?”

“T-That’s right and don’t forget it!”

“Haha, so how are Jinyoung and Ji Yong-ah doing?”

“Those two? Why? Did they fight?”

“You could say that and then we saw the whole injury scene at the game too.”

“Well I think they got into a fight yesterday, and then today after we won, Jinyoung was actually really upset and wanted to see Ji Yong-ah the instant our supervisor let him haha.”

“Well isn’t he a good boyfriend~? Haha, anyway, I know another guy who would be a good boyfriend too.”

“Huh?”

“You’re so slow…I’m talking about myself.”

“O-Oh… Yeah, any girl who gets you would be lucky!” I smiled. Why doesn’t he just admit that he likes me back?

“It doesn’t have to be a girl, you know?”

“T-That’s true.”

“Are you trying to say that you accept?” There was a long silence on the line.

“KKKSSHSHKKSH.” He hung up. Haha, can’t accept my heart yet so you’ll just pretend the line broke? Well aren’t you being cute today?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww SanChan are so cute~ I wonder what'll happen with our JinJi couple though... that was a really nice sacrifice Ji Yong made. Jinyoung seems upset- because of her or himself??

Hello! I just made a new story~ I tried to make it about a band other than B1A4, like Infinite or something, but my heart just loves B1A4 and Jinyoung too much...I realized this the other day when someone just asked me to do a simple thing: Choose a random animal. My brain immediately said fox. Look what you've done Jung Jinyoung...