***

Gyeoul - Winter

Donghae

 

I scoff. "Don't you think it's enough? Haven't you done enough damage?"

" Donghae. Trust me. I wouldn't call if it wasn't necessary."

"Trust you? Don't you think it's a little late for that? I'm sick of your lying, Hae Ri. Why do you think I'd listen to you?" I keep looking at the closed bathroom door, my mind already wandering off to my boyfriend inside.

" Because you know I'm not the most courageous person. I still wonder how I was able to call you but it's urgent."

"I'm hanging up."

"A few hours ago Hyukjae came to me!" she blurts out all of sudden and my attention is back on her.

"What?!"

"He came to me and I was surprised how he... well. He can tell you later. The important thing is: He gave me pictures."

"Pictures?"

"Yes. After I end this call I'm going to send you one of those. And now listen good, Donghae.", I don't realize I got up from the bed. " He told me to send them to news agencies, to fansites and who knows what else. All  of it."

I shake my head, even though no one can see me. " I don't understand."

"You will as soon as you see them. I just wanted to tell you I'm not going to do it. He blackmailed me into it using my conscience  but I can't do it. I don't know why he wants this to happen but I'm not going to help him destroy himself."

"You're scaring me... Wha--"

"Be strong, Hae. I'm sorry."

And she ends the call.

What the...

My palms get sweaty and my mouth dry.

"Donghae?"

What is it today? I walk to the door and let Sungmin and Heechul in. My gazes stays glued to my phone.

"We wanted to ask you if you'd like to eat with us.", Sungmin says, scanning the room. " Where's Hyukkie?"

"Bathroom." I simply say.

A message pops up and I open it.

"And I thought you'd already do other things. Seems like you could hold yourself back."

My mind becomes blurry.

Heechul keeps talking but I can't hear him anymore.

My legs start to shake and I unconsciously grab hold of Sungmins arm.

"Donghae?"

No...

Pictures of a Security camera...

There are two men.

One of them is Chi Soo.

And the other one is Hyukjae even though you can't make his face out that clearly.  I'd recognize him everywhere. And how could I not when he kisses someone else.

 

 

Eunhyuk

 

"HYUKJAE!"

 I flinch when I hear him scream. My hands grab hold of the sink. Maybe she send it already... it could be on the news right now.

I didn't lock the door on purpose. He would have crashed it to get inside anyway. He's beside me a second later and next thing I feel is how the air is knocked out of my body when he pushes me against the wall.

"WHAT THE IS THIS!?"

I keep quiet while looking at his clenched fist, awaiting a punch.

"WHAT IS IT THAT SHE SENT ME?!"

"She?"

"Donghae! Let go!"

Sungmin tries to pull him away from me but Donghae pushes him away and he stumbles against Heechul.

"DON'T PLAY DUMB!"

"You... didn't see... it...somewhere else?"

He still holds me by the collar. My hands automatically touch his. "Not in the news? Not somewhere else? She... didn't?"

His eyes get teary. I'm not sure if it's because of his anger or his sadness. I can't make it out anymore. I feel numb all of sudden.

 

Donghae

 

Something happened. Right this moment when I was next to him. Something that made his eyes lifeless. They sparkled half an hour ago. Now there's only numbness and my rage vanishes.

"What happened?"

"Nothing." he whispers.

I know he would never betray me... never. That's why that picture doesn't  make any sense to me.

"Those pictures..." I say.

"I...", a tear drops down. " I didn't do anything."

" I trust you with that... but... if you look at them..."

"It wasn't me."

A thought sprouts inside of me. A horrible thought...

My eyes widen. " Hyukkie...?"

" I didn't do anything."

"Did he...?"

" I didn't do anything... I didn't..."

He slumps down. His shirt gets out of place and I can see it. A deep bite right under his collarbone. He marked him everywhere. My hand lets go...automatically. He doesn't even try to cover it anymore. His tears ran dry. He sinks to the ground, averting my gaze,  his eyes so lifeless, I think I'm going crazy.

"He tried to do things to me. I didn't let him."

"What is he talking about?" Sungmin asks from behind, his voice shaking.

" Baby... he didn't... go all the way... right?"

I sink down in front of him.

The tiles are cold.

"No... he just... kissed me... and touched me..." he says emotionless.

"Baby..."

"Hae..."  he finally seems to realize  again that I'm here.

Right next to him.

" I felt so disgusted... Something snapped in my head. I don't know how..."

"It's alright."

It's not.

"Can you still hold me?"  his voice breaks.

I slowly approach him and circle my arms around his waist.

He feels cold. I embrace his body, my hands wandering over his back, not knowing where to hold him so he won't break in my arms. And again I start to cry. Much more than I ever did,  my silent screams only muffled by the fabric of his shirt where I hide my face. Only his scent. I only want to smell his scent and want to forget that Chi Soo managed to break him.