***

Gyeoul - Winter

Eunhyuk

 

I want to die right this instant. My life is over. Completely. I can't live with this shame. I'm sorry, Hae. This is the last time you're able to see me. Even if I'm mad at you... to be parted that way isn't what I wanted.

Sungmin smiles brightly. "See? I told you I know where to find them."

I stare at the ground, trying to hide my dark red face behind my bangs.

"You didn't lie Hae. He's totally adorable."

A finger touches my chin and forces me softly to lift my gaze. My eyes meet two almost black ones, framed by long eyelashes. With his height, the tanned skin and his dark, curly hair Chi Soo is still the handsome guy I remembered. Not as handsome as Hae,  but still really good looking. I'm positive there are a lot of girls who have a crush on him.

A friendly smile plays on his lips and the awkwardness slowly fades away when I feel an arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, he's adorable. And mostly from far, far away." Donghae leans his head against mine and pushes Chji Soo's hand away, ignoring my mumbled curses.

"Possessive like always?"

"Just around a like you."

My mouth opens in disbelief. "Donghae!"

"No need to worry, Eunhyuk-sshi. He's just too spoiled to learn proper manners. I'm used to it. In the end it's also my fault. I should have hit him harder when we were children. "

Donghae opens his mouth to give him an answer but I'm faster.

"I'm sorry for his bad mouth.", I bow slightly in front of Chi Soo even when Donghae protests. " And I'm sorry for the... things you had witnessed before. I didn't mean to."

"I already forgot about it.",  He winks at me and his smile widens. " Let's just start over. We've met before but it has been such a long time. So... My name is Park Chi Soo. Nice to meet you."

I can't help but to smile. He's got such a charismatic aura. " Lee Hyukjae."

"YA! Stop ignoring me!"

"Yes, Donghae?" Chi Soo sighs and turns to him.

My boyfriend pouts for a second, but then he starts grinning like an idiot and pulls Chi Soo into a tight hug. " I missed you a lot."

" Me too."

This is just too cute. I can feel the warmth spreading inside of me. I'm happy when Donghae's happy... more happy than any other times.

"Where's Hae Ri?" he asks when they separate.

"She's waiting in the living room. That guy with the long black hair...ehm... Heechul was it.  He occupied her as soon as she entered the room."

Donghae rolls his eyes. " Let's go to them or else I don't know what'll happen to her."

 

***

 

She's a real beauty.

The first thing that comes to my mind when I enter the living room. Gosh, does Donghae only have good looking friends?

She sits at the sofa, Heechul on her right side while the others give her a little bit more space to breath.

When we get inside the room she stands up. "Donghae."

Seems like she's the total opposite of Chi Soo. He's so outgoing while I can hardly hear her talking. Donghae approaches her and hugs her. He let's go and rests his hands on her shoulders. " You're as beautiful as always."

She smiles shyly and shoves a strand of her hair out of her face. " Don't embarrass me in front of your friends."

"They're used to much worse things."

"Donghae... please..." she answers quietly.

I want to greet her but something's stopping me.

Did she really... glare at me? Or was it just my imagination?

No...

When Donghae moved a bit and she was able to look at me... even if it was just for a second. Her smile vanished as soon as her gaze met mine and deflates me for a moment. I just look at her until she adumbrates a nod and turns back to Donghae.

 

 

Donghae

 

"Donghae. Keep calm. It's not like I have the role already. There are a lot of competitors and when I can't pass the audition the day after tomorrow I'm screwed."

I'm so excited about it. He can't even imagine. Seeing him on a big stage again... I'm so going to fanboy over him.

I've taken the place at the ground since there's no place left at the sofa. Heechul tries to get Hae Ri's attention but she's ignoring him since... I don't know when. Nevertheless I'm really impressed. He really has the guts to try it again.

"Yaaa, Chi Soo. As if someone could beat you."

"Thanks, Hae. But you aren't the most objective one when it comes to things like that. Just let the director and producers decide."

He smiles when I shake my head. " They're fools if they don't give you the role. This musical will be a great success."

" Hopefully.", he takes a sip of the orange juice Sungmin brought him. " I heard that Park Bom will be the lead actress."

"Park Bom?"

Yesung is lost in thoughts.. "She's a great singer."

"And a beautiful woman." Siwon adds.

"Yes, she is. I don't think I'll be able to talk to her. I'm kind of shy around women."

I snort. "Yeah, of course.", I point at him and look at the others. "No women is safe when he's around. I'm really surprised he didn't try to seduce Hae Ri."

"Donghae!"

She chokes on her juice and her cheeks blush slightly.

Heechul pats her shoulder. " Drink carefully. It would be a shame if you messed up your beautiful dress."

He winks at her and she just turns away. Everyone, except our dorm-diva, bursts out into laughter.

" I really missed you, Hae Ri." I say and she smiles at me.

" I was so happy when Chi Soo told me he had work to do in Seoul. I didn't even think for a second and packed my things to accompany him."

"Did you have time to rest at least? I mean, you've arrived only shortly before.", I ask a little worried." I wouldn't have minded if you'd come over tomorrow. "

Chi Soo waves my comment aside. " We'll have enough time. And how could we have skipped today when  Siwon told me before that you cooked something for us."

I jump up. " Oh ! The food!"

" Don't worry.", Sungmin says. "Hyukkie told me he'll look after it."

"That's why he stays in the kitchen for such a long time."

I really wanted him to talk to both of them but he vanished before I could force him to sit between them. And now he's doing all the work on his own. I'm such a bad boyfriend.

" I'm going to take a look. Keep an eye on my friends." I tell my bandmates and walk out of the room.

It's really quiet. I just hear the noise of hot water boiling in a pot. I take a discreet look into the kitchen. He stands in front of the sink, washing salad. His back turns my way, he wears ear phones and slowly moves his body to the music.I bite my finger to stop me from squeaking out loud. He's the cutest thing ever.

I approach him slowly and hug him from behind, pressing my body against his back. I can't hear the music but I still move my body in synchrony with his.

He doesn't push me away. I have to admit I kind of expected it. He can be really stubborn if it's about being mad.

"Don't be mad at me anymore."

"What?"

He puts his earphones down and tries to look at me over his shoulder. "Did you say something?"

I turn him so I can look into his eyes. My hands rest at the counter, closing him in so he can't get away once again. I lean closer and peck his lips. "Don't (kiss) be mad at me (kiss) anymore (kiss)."

" And that's all I get for it?" he asks frowning, trying to turn away again.

I giggle slightly and put my hands on his soft cheeks. " Acting like that just to get closer to me?"

" You know, I was really pis--"

I shut him up with another kiss and pull him into a close hug. His arms find their way around my waist while I snuggle against his neck, take a deep breath and enjoy his smell which is my favourite in the whole world.

" Don't you think we fought enough for today?"

He nods. His hair tickles.

I sigh satisfied, feeling the warmth of his body.

And then we just stay like this, for a minute, then two. The water boils over but no one even bothers to turn the heat down.

The last thing I want to do know is letting go. I'll never push him away... as long as he wants me to I'll hold him tightly, trying to keep him from all the things that might hurt him.

And, in fact,  I don't even know if I could let go if he wants me to...

 

***

 

I hate seeing them together.

I hate it in the worst way I've ever experienced.

And I can't stop it because he smiles.

I want him to smile. Always.

I can't stop it...

... not yet...