***

Gyeoul - Winter

 

Eunhyuk

Maybe I should have stayed in bed.

For a moment my image in the mirror becomes blurred. I screw up my eyes and almost miss my turn in the choreography. I feel Haes hand on my shoulder that guides me to the right spot.

I'm truly thankful to him but at the moment I don't even have the strength to smile at him. As soon as the music stops I feel this great relieve and sink to the ground. My head is aching like mad although I took painkillers not too long ago. Out of nowhere a bottle of water touches my lips. " Wha--"

"Drink it." Donghae says and his voice doesn't allow any oppositions.

I drink obediently even though every sip hurts. Hae sits down behind me and pulls me closer until my back touches his chest.

"Hae... you don't have to mother me." I mumble softly but don't make any move to get away. This would be quiet the last thing I'd do right now.

Out of the corner of my eyes I watch our choreographers leave the room. The last bit of strain in me disappears. Of course they're used to us in Eunhae-mode, but if they ever thought about us being in a real relationship because of those little hints? Well, it's good they don't know... may just don't know yet...

Whatever.

They're away.

And right now I need more than just feeling the lifting and lowering of his chest behind my back. I take his arms, put them around me and cross them in front of my chest just to huddle closer against him.

He laughs endearingly. "Ya... it almost seems like you're in love with me."

I'm not the one who shows my affection as open as he does... I just hope he really knows, out of the things I do and out of the things I say. Just wait, Hae, someday I'll be able to talk about it without stuttering and without blushing. I'll do it for you so just wait a little longer and for now take the things I can give to you. Even if those things aren't words.

"You already know it."

Didn't his heart beat faster for a few seconds?

I'll be drowing in the happiness inside me, there's no way I can survive this. I just can't get used to it... to be the one who makes his hearbeat faster... me...  A bright smile appears on my face. How dumb I must look at the moment.

Donghae's lips softly touch my neck. " Do you know how cute you are?"

"Me?"

"Yes, you! Don't you dare being like this when I'm not around!"

I slowly nod as an answer and feel his grip tighten around my chest, just a little, like it actually doesn't even happen.

I feel...

...save.

Something I long for so much nowadays.

My mind wanders to my cellphone. I slowly take it out of my trousers.

Just a fast look, maybe not today...

"Baby?"

"Hm?"

"What are you looking at?"

I wince, completely taken by surprise because of his voice. I drop the mobile and it hits the ground with a loud thud. I try to lean forward to pick it up but Haes arms hold me back. He tightens his grip and closes the distance to my ear. "Looking for my pictures on the internet?"

"Ya!"

And regardless of that I can't stop myself from laughing when I turn my head and see his slight pouting. 

" Stay loose, Hyukkie."

His hand touches my cheek again. " I don't think you should practise more. Your fever."

"I'm alright."

"You always tell me that."

"I don't!"

" A month ago you said you didn't feel sick."

" I DIDN'T feel sick."

"Well, and why did we have to clean the floor at 2am in the morning because someone couldn't keep his dinner inside?"

I want to give him a counterblow when Kyuhyun appears next to us. " It's a real blessing to see both of you are  as disgusting as ever. But practise starts again. Leeteuk-hyung will be mad if you don't move in an instant."

I get back on my feet in an instant.

Ya, Hyukkie. Start off slowly, would you are the last words I hear.

Then everything gets blurry and I only remember that there's know way that the floor and the ceiling just switched places when I dash against the ground.

Everything around me becomes black and the last thing that comes to my mind is the thought about it being not that bad.

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae

" I'm feeling better, I swear."

"And you still go to bed right this instant."

I open the door and keep it open until Hyukkie enters the apartment.

We brought him to the hospital , even if he regained consciousness really fast. The doctors considered him to be in no danger. A cold mixed with overstraining himself. I knew it. He should stop watching those midnight dramas and sleep instead.

If I had something to say I had put him into compulsory hospitalization but they told me it wasn't requierd.

At least manager-hyung had some common sense and allowed Hyukjae to leave it for the day. Well, it was more like he was forced to get home. Nobody listened to his protests about being totally fine. 

They wanted him to go back home alone.

No way.

Not as long as fishy lives on this earth.

I have to admit I probably need to rest, too.

I had not even yet thought about getting up when he fell to the ground next to me and just... stayed lying there... everything happened so fast.

I got down next to him, trying to turn him to his back before everyone else even started to move.

His face... that pale...

For a moment I felt the panic rising inside me. I stared at his upper body And there was what I wanted to see. His chest rising and sinking.

He wasn't dead.

Just unconscious which was something I could also barely handle.

"Change your clothes and then go to bed. I'll be right back."

I walk into the kitchen and put some water into the kettle. I take the medicine we got from the hospital out of my pocket where I put it into. With furrowed brows I read the package insert. I'm worried about the fever...

I walk to my room.

It's strange. I don't even think about looking for him in his room. He sits at the edge of the bed, wearing a wide shirt and joggers. My poor baby. Can't even keep his eyes open anymore. I help him to get under the blanket and tuck him in.

" You need to take your medicine."

I give him one of the pills and help him to drink a bit of water to swallow it down. Then I sit down on the bed next to him my hand resting on his forehead. " You want something warm to drink?"

He shakes his head. A bead of sweat flows down his cheek.

" Just sleep. Okay? I'll bring you something to eat later."

It's like he forces himself to stay awake. I give him a minute and he'll be soundly asleep.

"I'm sorry, Hae."

"Ya. Stop saying those things. Just sleep."

The minutes go by. I get up when I'm sure he sleeps.

"Don't be sorry, Hyukkie. The things I wouldn't do for you have to be invented first."

I check if he's covered by the blanket and leave the room without making any noises.

There are lots of things to do. What should I cook for him? What if he gets thirsty? Did I give him the right amount of pills?

And while I slowly get panic-stricken cause there isn't one humidifier in the dorm I miss the ringing of his mobile which lies on the nightstand...