***

Gyeoul - Winter

Donghae

 

I can't imagine  a day more wonderful then this.

Even though there are all of those obstacles.

Today will bring us back together after which felt like two times of eternity even though it were only a few days and everything else is overwhelmed by the unbearable excitement I feel.

"Please ~ take me with you." I whine for the fifth time while clinging to the arm of the driver who wanted to get inside his car for the last ten minutes.

"No... man said... No." he says in broken Korean and tries to shake me off... futile.

"Donghae!"

Leeteuk appears and grasps me by my collar. " Would you be so kind and let the driver do his job?!", he slightly bows to the man and tries to pull me back to the hotel. " He'll be here in an hour. Can't you wait?!"

"I wanted to be there when he arrives. Let me go. Please..."

"Yes. And then you'll start a scene in front of another driver. You're lucky the other driver won't sell the story about your fight to the next broadcast station."

I pout. " He wouldn't. We're friends."

" Friendships get destroyed easily by...", he says and shuts up the next second.

" Sorry."

"Don't worry. Sooner or later I have to get used to it." I say, my gaze directed to the ground, trying to ignore the stinging feeling in my chest.

"Go."

"Hh?" I look up surprised.

"Go. But: No touching and no kissing and definitely no passionately love oaths until you're in your hotel room. Got it?" he asks sternly.

I'm all smiles when I salute him and dash to the car which already moves. I knock against the drivers window and he stops. I open the sliding door and get inside the middle seat row of the van. I take a look at my watch when we're out on the street.

01:32 pm.

The plane is scheduled to arrive at 2 pm.

I make myself comfortable in the seat.

"Half an hour... half an hour..." I sing, trying to match the melody of the song that's currently played in the radio.

 

 

***

 

We arrive on time.

There's already a huge crowd that gathers in front of the airport. Our manager already provided for a risk and security waits in front of the glass doors.

For a second I think about leaving the van but I dismiss the idea shortly after. The ruckus would be too great. So I just move over to the window and peek out. From time to time I take a look at my mobile.

No message.

He would have written as soon as they left the plane. Maybe it's behind the schedule.

Just when I start to get impatient the first girls start to scream and soon after the sounds cape become nearly unbearable, even inside the car. 

There they are.

First, I can make Yesung out.

He waves and smiles politely while trying to the through the crowd with the help of the security. Right behind him there's Ryeowook, clutching to the shirt of his hyung. He never liked to get put of airports when there's such a crowd. He gets afraid easily.

And then there's Hyukaje.

As soon as I make out his shock of hair in the crowd my heart skips a beat. And like a little school girl, I unconsciously start to arrange my hair. He wears sunglasses and I can't see his eyes, but I know that his eyes show his nervousness. Like Ryeowook, he grew afraid of the smothering crowds than await us every time we exit a building. 

I frown when he stumbles and my hand wanders to the door, trying to open it. I stop the last second. Kyuhyun is behind him, supporting him subtly.

"Leeteuk really let you go?" is the first thing Yesung says when he gets inside the van.

I scoff as an answer to his question. " I came to pick up Hyukjae."

" Thank you for your consideration." he says. Seconds later the acted annoyance switches to a bright smile. " It's good to see you."

" Yes."

" Hello Donghae." Wookie falls into a seat in the row behind me. He sighs deeply.

I turn over in my seat. "You're alright?"

He nods. "Now I am. The fans we--"

"Hey."

I don't listen to what the fans were doing anymore as soon as Hyukjae enters the van.

"Hey." I say, my gaze not leaving his face for even a second. He climbs into the car, closing the door behind him.

Kyuhyun gets into the passengers seat.

"Hey." he says softly.

"Hey..."

"Hey..."

"Awwwwwkwaaaarrrrd."

I kick Kyuhyuns seat and he glares at me before turning back to look out of his window. Yesung and Ryeowook do the same. Kind of... to give us a little privacy. I still can't do much. Just... put his bag between our legs and behind, take his hand in mine. He squeezes it slightly, not doing more, and the rest of the drive we keep silent.

 

 

***

 

"Yeah.. we know. You're glad they're back with us. Crying, hugging, be sentimental. Can we leave now?" I say impatiently after approximately thirty seconds in the hall of the hotel.

Sungmin smacks my head. " Little brat."

"Hyung." I pout and rub my aching head. My other hand still holds Hyukjaes.

"Let them leave, Sungmin.", Heechul says. " Let's talk later, okay?"

I nod and drag Hyukjae to the next elevator.

"We've got a great view in our room."

"You didn't share a room with someone?" he smiles.

I softly smack his shoulder. " Of course not. I didn't even touch your side of the bed. There are two beds. But I thought we might could share one... If you want to." I wink at him.

There's it.

My most beloved smile.

I bite my lip to prevent myself of kissing him in the elevator. I already noticed the camera above of us.

Fortunately my room isn't far away.

I open the door with a card and shove him inside first.

"... we totally forgot about your luggage." I mumble when I close the door behind me.

And then I forget about everything else.

As soon as I turn around his lips meet mine.

And I'm too surprised to even move for the first seconds.

Most of the times it's me who starts and...

Forget it.

My thoughts turn into a blur when he circles his arms around my neck. His fingers that softly caress my hair.

"Hae...", he breaks the - still one sided kiss- for a second to look at me in confusion. " What's wrong?"

I just shake my head and circle my hands around his waist. " It's nothing. You're bluntness surprised me."

"My bluntness?"

I shut him up with a kiss, my lips curved into a smile, still not knowing that , in an hour, they'll have to hold me back from punching him.