***

Gyeoul - Winter

Kyuhyun

 

"Listen to me, my beloved dongsaeng."

"No."

"Good boy."

Heechul pats my cheek. I let out a rarely audible grumbling without turning my gaze away from my PSP. " It's half past six and you're already drunk."

"I'm not drunk."

"You're not sober either. And now get off my back. I'm trying to win this level."

Heechul chuckles and puts his empty beer can at the table. "You need a girlfriend."

"Thanks for informing me."

"That Park Bom...", a salacious smile appears on his face. " She's kind of hot."

"Sorry, hyung. Too innocent for you."

"I could change it."

"Change it somewhere else."

I sigh deeply.

Why isn't Leeteuk there when I need him once?

Due to the schedules of the others only Heechul, Yesung, Sungmin, Siwon, Donghae and me are at the dorm. The rest of the band will join us later. Even if it'll be late, they're curious about Donghaes friends.

" Leave Kyuhyun alone, hyung. He knows how to handle things by himself."

"That's my Minnie."

I lean over to him and tousle his hair.

"YA! HANDS OFF!"

"Or maybe you need a boyfriend." Heechuls says, completely unmoved when I glare at him.

Shindong rubs his stomach. "I'm hungry."

" Hopefully Donghae finally discovers his cooking talent." Siwon says.

Yesung chuckles. "Still dreaming?"

Heechul seems to be distracted so I turn back to my PSP. I need to get this level done before the guests arrive. Normally I wouldn't be bothered and I'd just play while everyone's chatting but today I'll behave myself. Kind of...for Donghae.

"Kyuhyunaaaaa!" Heechul snuggles against my shoulder and I make a mistake which causes me to loose the game.

I'm tired.

Deadly tired.

I'm hungry.

And I lost my game.

Triple- apocalypse.

I've had enough.

I take my PSP and escape to the kitchen. Donghae's there, trying not to kill himself while cutting vegetables. He looks at me when I enter the room.

"I really appreciate this, Kyu. But you helping me would make anything worse than it already is."

"Who told you I'd help you? I just needed to get away from Heechul. Aish... sometimes I really want to hit him so badly."

I sit down at one of the chairs next to the wall. I face his mobile which lies within reach next to the sink.

"Have you called him even once?"

He sighs deeply. "Shortly after he left.  He gave me permission but I thought it might disturb him. But still.... he could have called me once. He's taking his time."

"Wow, hyung. Where did the patience come from?"

"I'm not patient! Five more frigging minutes and I'm so going to call him! This is torture and he knows it. " he whines.

I lean against the wall. The cold stone touches the skin of my neck and sends shivers down my back. "Why was he mad today?"

"I kind of tried to seduce him. And he was overstrained by it, I guess." he grins mischievously.

"You never did it?" I ask out of the blue.

"YA! KYU!"

"Stop the act. I know you want to talk about it . Aish.. little ert. You don't even blush. Hyukjae would have fainted the instant I open my mouth."

He smiles distracted. "He's the cutest when he's shy."

"I asked something."

I look at him in expectance.

"If you're that curious about it: No, we didn't.", he turns back to the vegetables. " To be honest. It's kind of frustrating...very frustrating. It's normal to get to another level in a relationship. But he can't even talk about it without stuttering."

"And I thought he was the erted one."

Donghae smiles sneakily. " I kind of tried to get closer to him while Chi Soo called."

That guy is unbelievable. "You're such a douche bag."

"A ually frustrated douche bag."

I roll my eyes. He says it as if it is some kind of excuse. "So that's why he was mad in the morning."

He pouts sadly. " I can't take it when he's mad at me. I couldn't touch him for more than an hour."

"You deserved it."

"That's what you think."

"Stop pouting. Couldn't touch him for an hour? Oh my gosh, how did you survive?"

"Get away with your sarcasm. Just wait until you're deeply in love."

I cross my arms in front of my chest."Even so I wouldn't act like you."

"You'd be worse."

"Not possible."

He wants to respond and our bickering would have go one longer if Heechul wouldn't storm into the kitchen that moment. "Kyuhyun! Your goddamn phone won't stop ringing!"

"You know, I left it outside on purpose."

He glares at me and holds the phone out to me.

I sigh deeply and take it.

 I'm so hoping that this isn't my manager.

Ten messages from an unknown number.

I frown and open the first on. A picture appears.

It's Hyukjae in the basement garage of SM, helping 2ne1's Minzy to get up from the ground. He smiles brightly totally unaware of someone taking pictures of him.

And there's something else which shocks me even more.

This word that shines forth in big white letters under the picture.

 

""

 

 

Donghae

 

I thought I'd panic more. But it's like my head knew it wasn't the end. I just stare at the picture, motionless. He smiles my most beloved gummy smile, unaware of the someone who seems to feel so much hate for him.

My most cherished treasure...

My most loved person...

My everything...

"Donghae?"

Kyuhyuns voice reaches me slowly. I shake my head unconsciously as if I was somewhere far away...

I have been far away.

And now I'm back.

And all of sudden I'm frightened.

So frightened...

"I...I need to call him."

"What's wrong?" Heechul asks flustered. Kyuhyun just shows him the picture without saying  anything.

I don't wait for his reaction. I dial Hyukjaes number and put the phone to my ear. A few seconds later I can hear his voice.

"Hae?"

Hearing his voice takes a load off my mind.

"You haven't called me for so long? Forgot about me?"

I wanted to tell him.

I wanted to tell him that I want him to come home.

I wanted to ask him what he was doing with her, alone there.

Where are you?

Why did you give her my smile?

Why didn't you notice someones watching you?

Can't you look after yourself better?

But everything vanishes when I hear his cheerful voice.

"Ya...", I say softly. ", I couldn't stop thinking about you. But I didn't want to disturb you. What's taking you so long?"

Please don't lie, baby. Please don't lie...

"I'm sorry. I wanted to be back already. But then I met Minzy-sshi in the basement garage and she fell down all of sudden. I insisted on taking her back to her group because I was afraid something happened to her leg. Fortunately it's nothing bad. Just a slightly sprained ankle."

I lean my forehead against the door of the fridge. He's too good for this world... too good.

And I don't even know anymore if my love for him spills my heart or the anxiety that spreads inside my body.

"Just come back quickly, alright?"

"I will."

"That's good."

"Hae?"

"Yes?"

"I....", he says slowly. " Never mind. I'll be back soon."

He ends the call. Kyuhyun and Heechul pierce me with their eyes. "He's alright?"

"Yeah..."

I'm not.

I'm not alright.

Not in the least.

"We shouldn't overreact.", Kyuhyun suggests half-heartedly. " There are always pictures about us..."

"Don't you get it? That photo-", I can't look at it. "It was taken inside of SM in the basement garage. No ordinary fan gets inside that easily without being noticed."

I need to sit down at one of the chairs.

"This is someone who's able to get really close to him."

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________

It's nice to read comments :D Just feel free to say whatever you want, I really appreciate it ^^