***

Gyeoul - Winter

Eunhyuk

I hang up  and put my mobile back into my pocket.

My face is red all over. I could stand at the next crossroads and nobody would be able to distinguish me from the red traffic lights.

I slowly get used to the words I wasn't able to say a while ago.

I have to admit, I was annoyed because he didn't call anymore. Just slightly...

Okay, I was a bit pissed. Normally he calls me every five minutes and I really appreciate his attempt of not disturbing me, but still... I always tell him he shouldn't call me too much, however, in the end I love it. I just won't admit it in front of him. My boyfriend is spoiled enough.

I take a look at my watch.

He's right. I really took my time.

 

"Good work, Minzy-sshi." I bow slightly when I meet the girl in the basement garage. I always thought she's kind of scary but after the time I spent with her I got to know her friendly and cheerful side. She's a nice girl.

She bows lower than I did and sends me a smile afterwards. " You, too. I'm looking forward to our dance practises.", she notices the key in my hand. " You're leaving already?"

"Yes. I need to get some things. I left my car here deliberately. I've got to complete a mission."

I blink her way and she laughs. " Okay. Have fun then."

A small bow again and she walks a few steps away, still wearing the back-breaking high heels the stylists gave her for the photoshoot. One of the heels gets stucked in a gully cover. She loses her balance and falls down before I could even think about reacting.

A cry escapes .

Two seconds later I'm by her side. "You're alright?" I ask worried.

"Yes...kind of..." she tries to get up and winces at the sudden pain in her ankle. " It hurts."

"Bad?"

"No, no... I don't think it's broken. Maybe sprained."

"Let me help you."

"No, thanks. It's alright."

" I insist."

I get up and offer her my hand with a smile. Eventually she takes it and I can see the relief on her face.

 

I put the bag I brought outside of the shop at the backseat of my car. Something wet hits my head. I look up to the sky.

Rain?

 

Donghae

 

We wait in the living room.

It's been a while since I've called him but I'm still out of it.

I really shouldn't. I mean, it's the brightest day outside, I just talked to him and he's alright. But nevertheless I can't sit down for too long.

"You know, Donghae.", Sungmin says, his face still showing the disbelief that crept into his facial features when we told the others about the new happenings. "We should talk to someone. Maybe his manager."

I shake my head. "No."

"Why not?"

"What should we tell him? Something like : Hyukjae is stalked by some psycho. And that only because he's in a relationship with me ?" I massage the bridge of my nose.  " No. I just have to keep a closer eye on him. That was the last time I let him go out by himself."

Siwon doesn't look that convinced. " You can't be by his side all the time. You've got different schedules--"

" I adapt them."

"Maybe if you tell him--" Shindong starts to talk but I don't let him finish his sentence.

"I won't. Like you won't, okay? This stresses him too much. It's not like you could have forgotten he got sick."

Yesung sighs. " You really think it's a good way to handle it like this?"

"It's the best way to protect him. You really believe I'd let that friggin bastard hurt him?", I press the palms of my hands together. " No... I just have to stay by his side."

"Stay by the side of whom?"

 

Sungmin

 

Donghae never fails to surprise me in the oddest ways.

He was so manly and grown-up right now, as if childish brain finally matches to his muscular body.  I kind of understand that he's able to give Hyukjae the feeling of safety. But as soon as our monkey enters the room all of his maturity vanishes and it looks like he's going to cry any second.

"Baby!"

I notice Kyuhyun, who tries to kick Donghae under the table. He misses his leg and whispers a hardly audible curse.

Hyukkie puts the bag he carries with him on the living room table. " I thought the mood would be... better. But you look like--"

Donghaes bone-crushing hug shuts him up.

"Ehm... Hae... I'm going to suffocate."

"I told you to come back right away!"

"I tried to come back as soon as possible. It's not my fault the traffic is that bad today."

Donghae kisses his cheek, finally loosening his grip. "Your wet."

"It's raining outside.", He runs his finger through his wet hair. " I need to shower before our guests arrive."

"Hyukkie.", I say. ", Want to tell us about that thing that seems so important you even leave your husband behind?"

He bends down slolwy, a shy smile on his face. "I remembered how Donghae told me about Chi Soo's and Hae Ri's love for music...and... Aish. This is kind of cheesy." he opens the bag he left on the table, showing us what's inside.

I have to push Kyu's head away to be able to see something. He grumbles something but I totally ignore him.

It's a cake.

An incredibly huge cake in the shape of a music note.

"I ordered it yesterday. I'm glad they were able to make it in time." He blushs slightly, smiling his gummy smile while he scratches his neck.

Donghaes face goes blank.

I need to suppress a giggle.  

Hyukjae, that was the knockout in the first round.

 

Eunhyuk

 

I open the door to my room and throw my wet jacket on my bed. I only had to walk a few metres through the rain but it was enough to get me soaked to the skin.

"Great..."

My hair was just...perfect.

I pout at my messed up image in the mirror. I'll never be able to let it look the way the stylist did it. And today I really wanted to look great...

Someone walks in and closes the door. I turn around and smile at Donghae. " Back to your usual self? You seemed kind of odd earlier."

He doesn't answer me. Or... he answers me, but in a different way than I expected. His lips crash into mine and before I even realize it I lie in on my bed, feeling his weight that pushs me onto the mattress.