***

Gyeoul - Winter

Hyukjae

 

"Ya! Donghae! Hyukjae! Get up! You need to get ready!"

Leeteuks voice shakes me out of my sleep.

I feel absolutely whacked. I really don't want to know how bad it would have been if I had gone to practise before.

I'm still surprised I was able to get up.

Yes, I was awake.

But not because I wanted to.

Embarrassment hit my sleeping mind and kind of threw me out of bed. And of course, there was the sickness in my stomach.

But I would gladly take an upset stomach instead of the memories that slowly started to hit me.

I opened my eyes, hoping everything was just one of those "going--to-school-dreams"...

It wasn't.

Sadly.

My gaze fell on the clothes I still wore.

Then on Donghae who slept next to me, holding my hand tightly as if he wanted to hold me back from getting up.

He must have felt my movements  because seconds later he opened his eyes. They were puffy and I nearly drowned in the guilt I felt all of sudden.

"Hey...", he says with a hoarse voice. " Feeling better?"

Oh no... so my grave concerns turned out to be true.

"You're okay?" he asked worried and got up slowly.

I shake my head hastily. "I... bathroom... now..."

Seconds later the bathroom door closed with a bang behind me. I took a seat at the edge of the bathtube.

I didn't want to think about it but the more I tried to fight it the more I remembered.

Kissing Donghae outside.

Scaring the hell out of Ryeowook.

Lying in Siwons bed without caring about Donghae being in the same room.

Starting to cry because he said he'd leave me behind...

Pabo Hyukjae...

And...

Oh my god.

I had forgotten the worst thing.

That stupid gamer...

What to do... what to do...

A knock at the door.

"Hyukjae...?"

"I can't hear you."

 

 

***

 

Donghae keeps glancing at my image in the mirror. I slowly brush my teeth.

"You're feeling better now?"

I spit the content of my mouth into the sink.

"You've got foam on your face."

 He pulls his toothbrush out of his mouth and inspects himself in the mirror.

I take a towel and turn him over to me before I carefully wipe the foam off his chin.

"You're eyes are puffy."

And again foam covers his chin.

I sigh deeply and wipe it away again.

A smile plays around his lips. "I love you."

Foam-chin again.

"Ya! You're doing it on purpose!"  I drop the towel next to the sink.

"Of course. I like being pampered by you."

He opens the water tap and bends down to wash out his mouth.

"You still haven't answered my question.", he asks after he dried his face. "Admit it. It was a good idea to go back to sleep a little while longer."

" Hmm... Leeteuk glared at me when I met him in front of the bathroom. Seems like someone told him about last night. "

"He glared at you?"

"I can't blame him. I'm at fault."

His expression changes and he looks to the ground. "He's just worried."

"As if... all of you get drunk once in while. It's just that I wasn't used to it. And I don't want to get to."

"You were quiet a mess yesterday."

" A mess?"

He pulls me closer and hugs me tightly. His hand caresses the back of my head and I can't help but to cuddle to his neck. His smell and the softness of his skin. I'm much more addicted to it than he knows.

"Sungmin will talk to your manager."

"What?"

I struggle in his embrace but he just holds me tighter.

Damn it, he's just too strong.

"He made his decision after he talked to you last night."

"He talked to me?"

"How much did you drink last night?"

I shut my mouth.

His hands my back steadily. " You might don't want to admit it but all of those things are too much for you. Your manager knows better how to handle those things. You might be able to rest a little while."

Rest a little...

That doesn't sound too bad.

"He'll think I'm some kind of softy."

"You are... a little at least.", his lips touch my neck. " But please keep that side of yours. I love it too much to let it go away."

And I float away, shrouded in his words until another thought pops in my mind.

"Hae..." I say, anxious all of sudden. " He won't reveal anything right. If my manager knows about it... he will --"

" I took care of it. Don't worry. Sungmin knows what he's doing."

"You're alright with it?"

"No way I am.", Donghae loosens the embrace and cups my face instead of it. " But this is for you. And you know that there's nothing I won't do for you so I just go along with it."

I just listen to  his words and I feel safe. My fingers started to tremble when he told me about Sungmin but the magic of his words stopped it.

"I never ever want to be without you, baby."

I blush. "Hae..."

" You blushing just makes me want to be more cheesy.", he smiles and pecks my lips. " Let's be together forever.... ahh, your crimson right now! I lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeee you soooooooo much."

"HAE!"

He just laughs and lifts me onto his shoulder.

"LET ME DOWN!"

He carries me out of the bathroom. " Out of the way! Carrying my princess around!"

"HAEEEEEE!!!"

 

***

 

 

 

Donghae

 

I'm pretty much in love with Strong heart.

Of course my baby is still the unchallenged number one but I'm always excited like a little kid when I learn about a new appearance of Super Junior in the show.

The sad thing is that I can't sit next to Hyukkie.

It's like... there five miles between us when there are actually only three seats.

I pout and start to calculate. How many times to they have to retake different scenes until they're satisfied with everything... I have to expect at least three hours. Well, maybe there'll be a break after a while.

But I can't touch him in front of everyone.

I could lure him away with some kind of excuse...

Ya, Donghae!

What am I thinking about?

I'm his boyfriend.

I don't have to come up with excuses to be next to him.

It's just that he's always so warily when were outside of our dorm. It borders on paranoia.

I guess it's the best if I just lean back for now.

I've got enough time to think now.

.

.

.

 

It's a rare thing to be on a show with all of the members and like I expected it it's so much fun.

Hodong makes one of his comments about Seung Gi.

Everyone laughs but the only thing I hear is Hyukkies laughter. I turn to him and catch his attention for a second. He sends me a bright smile and my heart spills.

Yaaa... not on TV.

"Eunhyuk-sshi.", Hodong says and the attention turns over to him. "We heard about you collapsing while dance practise."

"Oh...", he looks surprised.

"Fans are worried about you. You're feeling better now."

He smiles to the cameras and bows a little. "I'm sorry if I worried my fans. But it was nothing serious and I already forgot about it."

Well, I haven't.

"That's great, Eunhyuk-sshi. I was really worried about you, just as the staff of Strong heart. We thought about how we could cheer you up a little and came up with a little surprise for you."

"Really?"

" Yes. Would you come down here."

He gets up slowly and our gazes meet for a second. I nod slightly and he walks down to the MCs.

"I'm quiet surprised right now. No one told me about anything."

"That's what surprises are about.", Seung Gi leads him to the middle of the stage. "We invited someone."

"Someone?"

Aissh... I hate it.

He's standing right in front of me. I want to see his face.

" Someone who really missed you. Someone you missed."

Okay, now it's getting kind of odd.

Sounds like some Ex who wants to meet him again.

No.

We're not in some kind of stupid drama.

" You're making me nervous." Hyukkie laughs unconfidently.

"No need to get nervous." Seung Gi pats his back and I really want to pat his head for that.

"Are you ready, Eunhyuk-sshi?" Hodong asks.

My baby shakes his head and everyone laughs.

"Then... dear guests.", Hodong points somewhere. " Please welcome our surprise."

And my jaw drops the moment the person enters the stage.