***

Gyeoul - Winter

Donghae

 

As soon as I open my eyes the memories of last night crash down on me.

I peek at my body which is half covered by the blanket.

People are right. If you do it with the right person it's like... woah...

Nothing to add.

I thought I had experience but him being that close to me was something I couldn't describe in my wildest dreams.I couldn't get enough until early in the morning. I feel like I just ran a marathon.

Carefully, I turn over to the man sleeping next to me.

I know him.  As soon as he wakes up he's going to be totally shy around me so I just use the remaining time. Who knows how long it'll take til he feels comfortable again?

I lie down right next to him, facing his sleeping face. My hand caresses his back. I kiss the tip of his nose.

He let me guide him last night even though I also haven't had any experience in that kind of field. I read a lot about it, with my head burning red but in the end I was too nervous to even remember it.

But I guess I wasn't that bad. His moans spoke volumes.

"Ahhrrgg..." I bite my finger but can't keep the crazy giggle inside. What to do? What to IN DO??!! I did it with him and I can do it again and omg, it was so friggin awesome... and... "Aissh. Baby! I love you!" I pull my still sleeping boyfriend into a tight embrace. He opens his eyes slowly. I can't see it but I feel his moving lashes on my neck.

"Wha--"

"I'm sorry. Just go back to sleep. I couldn't hold back for a second."

"Go back to..."

Do I have hot flushes or is it him?

He backs out of the embrace, his face a deep red.

"Ya!" I whine.

He stares at my body, looks down at his and grasps the blanket to cover himself.

"I knew it." I sigh and smile at him.

"Wh-a-a-t?"

"Now you're totally embarrassed. You'll stare at me for half a minute and then you'll get out of bed, not without yelling at me to turn around because I could see something I didn't see before. But just so you know: I saw everything last night so don't waste your breath for that."

"I... didn't intend to get up."

"Did I hurt your pride with that?" I'm quiet flustered when he lies back down, facing the ceiling.

"You hurt other things last night. My neck still hurts. You bid me." He doesn't sound as much annoyed as he probably wants to. A little more...satisfied maybe.

I approach him and put my arm around his waist. "I'm sorry.", I cover his cheek with kisses. "I couldn't*kiss*hold*kiss*back*kiss.*"

"Hmm..."

"Thanks Hyukkie."

"What?" he turns to me and I await his lips with mine.

I part our lips and lean my forehead against his. "Thanks for giving me such a beautiful thing. I'm happy."

He just smiles we stay in bed for a little longer, with kissing and cuddling and just feeling the presence of the other.

 

 

 

***

 

Later that day...

 

"Hae Ri?" I'm pretty confused when I open the door and see my friend standing there.

"Hey Donghae. I was nearby and I thought I could pay a visit to you." she looks to the ground." But it's okay if you don't have time right now. I know your busy."

"No. It's alright. I had an interview in the morning but I'm free the rest of the day."

"You're free?" she asks when she enters.

I smile at her. "I'm pretty sure you want to ask something."

She rummages around in her bag and takes out two cards after a few seconds. " You know, I really wanted to go to this exhibition. I waited a long time for it but now Chi Soo is busy now that he got the role and I haven't got someone to accompany me. I would go alone but that wouldn't be that much fun. Would you...?"

How can I say no to her puppy eyes?

"Just give me a second, okay?"

A bright smile appears on her face. " Thanks, Donghae."

Luckily I didn't erase the makeup from the interview before so I don't need to get ready anymore.

I put on my shoes.

"Hyukkie?"

"Ne?"

He appears a few seconds later, an apple in his hand. "Oh, hello Hae Ri."

"Hello.", she bows slightly. "Donghae? Are you ready?"

"A second.", I turn to my boyfriend. " I'm going to a exhibition together with her."

"Alright."

"I'll be back in the evening. I take my mobile with me so call me if there's something."

"Yes, mom."

"Ya..." I smile and grab him by his collar just to pull him closer. "You stay here?"

"Probably. Maybe I'll watch a movie with Shindong."

"Okay. Have a nice day then."

"You, too."

I peck his lips and turn back to Hae Ri. "I'm ready."

"Goodbye, Hyukjae-sshi." she says politely and gets out of the door.

"Bye, baby. Stay at home and be careful. I love you." I wave and close the door behind me.

 

 

Eunhyuk

 

"Hyukjae?"

"Chi Soo? Why are you calling?"

"I'm sorry for disturbing you. Is Hae Ri with you?"

"No. She went to an exhibition with Donghae half an hour ago."

"Oh, I see..."

"Can't you reach her?"

"No. Her phone is turned off and Donghae won't answer his."

"He might've turned the sound off so it won't disturb someone."

"You know, she really wanted me to accompany her to this exhibition but I was busy. But there has been a change in my schedule and now I have time for her. I guess I'm too ate."

"Too bad for you."

"Well... now that Donghae is with Hae Ri. What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yes. If you'd like to we could meet somewhere. You know, eating something nice, maybe one or two drinks."

"Ehm..."

"Yaaa, Hyukjae. Come on. I really want to get to know you better."

"Okay. It's alright.  Why not?"

"Great. Now, tell me where you want to go."

 

 

***

 

"Everything goes on me, okay."

"No. That would be too much. Let me pay."

"No chance.", Chi Soo smiles brightly at me. " You know, the payment for my  role is really, let me call it generous. I want to celebrate it by inviting you."

I still hesitate but after a few minutes he got me. "Okay. Alright. But just so you know. I won't hold back."

"That's what I want to hear."

We went to this fancy restaurant downtown. It's got separated rooms for it's guest to provide them privacy, a thing I appreciate more than ever lately.

Chi Soo is a great entertainer.

I don't even remember why I was afraid we might wouldn't be able to talk to each other. Embarrassing silences are the worst things I can imagine. But there's not even a minute where I feel uncomfortable around him. He seems to be quiet interested in me and asks me one question after another.

The waitress takes the empty plates away. I'm so full. The food was delicious and I just couldn't stop eating.

" A little soju?"

Chi Soo shows me the bottle in his hand and I can't even say no before he already pours it in my glass. "I...actually don't drink."

"Never?" he asks surprised.

I nod. "Yeah. Some kind of oath with a friend of mine. We made it years ago."

"And that friend of yours? He still doesn't drink?"

"Well..."

"See. Come on. Just one glass."

I look at the clear liquor.

He's right.

Junsu drinks from time to time. It's not like I have to live after that oath any longer. One glass won't kill me.

"Okay. But just this." I pour it down and cough when it burns in my throat. So disgusting.

"Hyukjae?"

"Yes?"

I don't notice at first that he pours more soju for me..

" Why's there so much tension between you and Donghae lately?"

His smile vanishes and gets replaced by blankness. I stare at him, not really knowing what to answer him. It seems like Donghae didn't dedicate him. I'm sure there's a reason behind it, even though they're best friends.

I don't realize that I poured down all the soju at ones. I put the cup back at the table and wipe away a drop that found its way to the corner of my mouth.  "We had a few little fights lately. Nothing serious."

"Nothing serious? Okay... if you say so. I just had the feeling that it wasn't because of Donghae. More like... that it has something to do with you."

"With...me?"

He takes the bottle again. "You know, I wouldn't want to struggle like this forever.", More alcohol fills my glass and I drink it. " To think that my partner has problems which can't be solved that easily and we fight because of them and it's not even my fault. Wouldn't that be unfair?"

I have to swallow when I listen to his words.

" I mean. Of course I would try to save my relationship. But it think it'll get tiring after a while. And even if I wanted to fight and if I loved the person. What can you do in the end? But you say it's not serious so don't listen to me."

It's not like I want it this way, Chi Soo. I promise. It's not my fault. And it's not going to be like this forever. I swear... even if I don't know if I should swear.

"Hyukjae? You're alright?"

"Y-yes."

"Yaa. I just put my thoughts into words. It's not like I talked about Donghae and you right now.", he pats my shoulder. " Didn't you tell me right now? You fought a little. Nothing to be worried about."

I nod slightly, feeling the mess that spreads inside my head. I don't want it to come back. But only the thought of Donghae who gets tired of me is enough to make me feel miserable as hell.

"Chi Soo?", I take the empty cup. " Can I have more?"