***

Gyeoul - Winter

Eunhyuk

 

I open my eyes when I hear a quiet noise.

My back aches as I get up slowly from my lying position.

I was too afraid to even knock at his door so I just stayed in the dark living room, covered with a thin blanket.

I the TV looking at the pictures that enlightened the room but not watching them, turned it off again just to be engulfed with darkness again.

"Hyukjae?"

Siwon walks over to me, a cup in his hand. I glance at the clock at the wall. Half past five in the morning. The rest of the members will get up soon to reach the airplane which will leave for Indonesia at eight.

"Did you sleep here?"

I nod and rub my eyes. They sting.

"Did I miss something?" he asks confused.

"Don't bother asking. I don't even know it myself."

I leave him behind and walk down the floor to Donghaes room, which is also mine now.

Today is the first time I really regret it.

I take a deep breath before I grasp the door knob.

Surprisingly it opens.

I carefully walk into the room just to meet Donghaes gaze.

He sits at the bed, his suitcase opened in front of him.

I really wanted to talk to him. Everything inside of me longs for talking to him but he examines me with a blank expression and...

...turns away.

I slump down inside.

This is cruel, Hae. You know I can't take this. Not right now. I've never seen you like this. Just yell at me like you always do. Or start to cry. Aren't you the infamous crybaby?

But instead of saying it I just walk to my closet, pull out the first shirt and jeans I see and leave the room in a normal pace when I actually want to run outside.

 

***

 

Heechul

 

I stagger down the aisle, still half asleep.

I hate Leeteuk in moments like this.

To death and back and back again.

An eternal circle until I'm fully awake and human again.

I'll just sleep on the plane.

There might be a sudden cold snap in Indonesia and our plane won't be able to land and we'll have to stay inside for at least 48 hours straight.

48 hours of sleep.

An angelic smile plays on my lips.

Purest, heavenly paradise.

"Morning Hyukjae." I say and pause the next second.

He ignores me. Doesn't even spare me a gaze and leaves in the direction of the bathroom.

Woahh... Hyukjae.

You've become quiet evil.

This is like the first time in five years I actually greet him in the morning and he just ignores me as if I'm some kind of beggar he meets outside.

Wait.

He even gave that beggar we met a month ago some money.

Done.

My mood just hit Earth's core thanks to that monkey.

I grit my teeth and walk to the room he just left.

"Yah! Donghae! Tame your hubby!"

"Get out!"

The day has come.

The day no one ever expected to experience.

I'm lost for words.

My all-time favourite dongsaeng just yelled at me. And to top it all off he kicks his suitcase and sends it to the other side of the room.

Clothes cover the ground. He sinks at the bed and ruffles his hair. I stare at him and finally words come back to me.

" What the is wrong with you?!"

I slam the door.

He bites his bottom lip, his hands clenched between his knees. "Nothing."

" Well, nothings looks a little different to me.", I touch one of the shirts with the tip of my shoe. " Why the hell do kick your suitcase around your room? Morning exercises? I'd prefer hearing you and your hubby in the morning."

He slowly gets up and starts to collect his scattered clothes.

"Yah, Donghae!"

"I just lost it!"

"Why?"

He opens his mouth for a second but seems to change his mind and presses his lips together.

"Is this how you should treat your hyung who wants to help you out?"

He puts another shirt back into his suitcase. " You don't have to. I told you it's nothing."

"Is it because of Hyukjae?"

"Hyung. Please. Drop it. I just want to pack my things and get out of here, okay?"

I eye him slowly. "You're acting strange."

"Hmm..." he grumbles.

"I don't like you like this."

"It's not like I choose it."

" You could talk to me."

"HEECHUL!" he yells alll of sudden, once again bewildering me.

It's quiet hard to make Donghae angry. I experienced it one or two times but it took him quiet long to explode. There are different levels. Mostly, he reaches the one where he cries.

What could have made him that angry?

I lock back to the door.

It wouldn't be Hyukjae, right?

There's no way Hae would be like this to his boyfriend.

No frigging way, as true as I'm standing here.

But well, on the other hand it would explain why Hyukjae acted like that outside.

"Donghae, I swear to you. If I hear something later on and when I won't like what I hear I'm so going to kick your . Understood?"

What actually means: I'm worried about you. And I kind of expect it to be something related to your boyfriend and that's what makes me a lot more worried since I know it's not the easiest time for both of you. You can talk to me if you want.

And I hope he got the hidden message when I approach the door.

It's not the right moment. He's too livid right now.

I have to keep a closer eye on him.

 

 

***

 

And I don't know why, but I knew it would happen before we reach the airport. The thought of entering the plane without anything happening was just too good to be true.

But that's Donghae.

We sit in one of the two vans that'll take us to the airport.

There're Sungmin, Shindong, Leeteuk, Donghae and me inside of one of the cars.

And strangely, there's Hyukjae, sitting next to the driver.

Now I'm almost 120 % positive there's something big going on between them. Donghae sits in the last row next to the window, but he doesn't even glance at the things outside. His eyes are glued to Hyukjaes seat.

I'm not even sure if he can see his boyfriend,  but I'm quiet surprised how Hyukjae handles the situation.

I think I get why he sits inside of this car. Leaving like this might be one of the dumbest things you can do in a relationship. He maybe wants to sort things out before Donghae leaves.

I should try to give them some time alone before they get separated for the next days.

The driver talks with Hyukjae and something seems to be quiet funny because our dancer chuckles slightly.

And just as the atmosphere gets a little more relaxed there is it.

The Big Bang in the last row.

 

 

"YAH! HYUKJAE!"

 

____________________________

 

Rather short but I need it to initiate the next chapter^^  woahh, only one more week and I'll have holidays and finally more time to write *cries*