***

Gyeoul - Winter

Kyuhyun

 

"Hyung..."

There's nothing worse than not saying anything in a situation like this. I run my fingers trhough my hair and for the first time in a while I don't know what to say. His non existing facial expression beats me. " Hyung... I--"

" I assume you know what I'm looking at right now?" he says emotionless.

" I've never been the best liar."

"That's true.", he lowers his hand, still averting my gaze. "Just one thing."

I know what he's going to ask. I wished he didn't cause I can't lie to him. I could never and right now it's more impossible than it ever was.

" He wanted to protect you." I say before he can ask something.

He nods slowly, still not showing any emotion. He holds my mobile out to me and I take it before giving him his own back. I had to buy the same one he has. I really had to, right...

"Where are you going?", I ask when he walks past me. "Ya! Hyung!"

I follow him through the dorm. " Hyung. Please. Just a moment. Let me explain."

He opens the door to Siwons room. I enter behind him. There's Siwon with Ryeowook in one bed. In the other I can see Donghaes messy hair, half covered by the blanket. Hyukjae walks to his wardrobe and opens a drawer. Ryeowook and him switched their rooms but they still haven't took their clothes to their new rooms.

"Hyukjae. I beg you. Say something."

He takes clothes out of the drawer and tries to leave the room. I get in his way but he just pushes me aside with a strength I didn't know he had.

"Aish.." I ruffle my hair in disbelief as I watch him leaving the room.

 How the hell...

"Kyuhyun?"

Donghae gets up slowly and examines me drowsily. "What are you doing here?"

He yawns and looks beside him. Slowly he moves his legs out of the bed. " I didn't even notice he got up already."

" He knows."

He looks at me flustered. " Who knows what?"

I point to the door. " Your boyfriend knows about that ing picture and it seems like he wants to leave right now and I don't know what to do."

"WHAT?!"

" And the worst: He knows you hid it from him."

Donghae's wide awake all at once. He jumps out of the bed, staring at me in disbelief. "Are you kidding me?"

"Well, I guess I've got enough tactfulness left to think of something different than joking about some strange stalker who tries to humiliate my hyung. And now: DO SOMETHING!"

This is the thing I needn't telling him.

"Where's he?" Donghae asks when we leave the room. I feel how much he tenses up as the seconds pass by.

" I think I heard the bathroom door getting closed." I point at the door and he joggles the doorknob.

"Hyukkie?"

No answer.

He knocks. " Baby? I know you're inside. Come out. Please."

The water tap inside gets opened.

" Hyukjae... I beg you. Open the door."

No reaction.

"Come on... Please..."

Donghae leans his forehead against the wood of the door and breaths in deeply. "How the hell did this happen?" he says with a constrained voice, only loud enough for me to hear.

I shrink. " He mixed up his phone with mine."

"Great..."

He bites his bottom lip, still holding the doorknob. Only Hyukjae is able to do something like this to him. He's so damn agitated and I don't even have to look at him to know that.

Minutes pass and still no sign of Hyukjae.

Donghae still leans against the door. " You know... this is the worst case."

" I don't think--"

"Did he ever shut himself away?"

"No... but--"

The key turns and Hyukjae appears in the door case, fully dressed.

"Hyukkie!"

He pushes Donghaes hands away and looks to the ground. " I'm leaving first."

"No! Let's talk."

"I don't feel like talking."

"Baby, please. I know you're feeling troubled right now--"

"Don't touch me."

Donghae pauses, keeps his hands halfway between him and Hyukjae.

That was the final blow. He knows how much Donghae longs for him and telling him not to touch him is like hitting him with a racket. Donghaes face goes blank and for the first time this morning I can see some kind of reaction on Hyukjaes face.

Is it just me or do his eyes get teary?

Seconds later he embraces his still paralyzed boyfriend.

" I know you tend to overreact... I meant what I said. Please stay away from me for now because I'm really disappointed...", he Donghaes hair, just a soft touch. " But I didn't say we're over, okay? So don't be like this. This is just a fight... and every couple fights once in a while.", he looses his hold on him. " I won't wait for the van to pick us up. We'll meet at the studio."

He nods my way and finally leaves us.

I look at Donghae. He's at the verge of tears but doesn't follow him and I know he's dying inside because of that. " I... I disappointed him, Kyu."

" He's just upset."

" In all this years he never once said he was disappointed in me."

I don't know what to say. I just look at the ground.

I feel bad... my forgetfulness is the cause for all of this and now I can't even do anything to correct all of this .

" Anyway", Donghae whispers and wipes the tears that nearly fell away. " I need to follow him."

" Do you think this is a good idea?"

" I told you yesterday. I'll stay by his side even if he loses it. Look after Chi Soo and Hae Ri for me."

"Hyung--"

But he already rushed to his room to get his clothes.

 

 

Eunhyuk

 

The mornings get colder every day.

I put my hands into the pockets of my jacket as I leave the building. I left my car outside last night and now I regret it badly. The key inside my hand feels heavy all of sudden when I reach my car. I take a quick glance at the wheels. That someone wouldn't... wouldn't do something to my car, right?

"Lee Hyukjae. You stupid moron. Stop it and get inside."

I open the door but I'm only able to bend forward a little before I stop my movement.

Great...

Did it really have to come to that?

I put my hands on my face for a moment, just to calm down my breathing. My body calms down but I can't say the same about my mind. Thoughts whirl in my head and the only thing I know right now is, that I want to go back to Donghaes side so badly.

I'm afraid. Feeling like a little child at night, facing the dark shadows that the curtains draw at the wall.

I want to go to him so badly.

I sink down at a stone next to the street and stare at the ground.

He shouldn't have hidden it from me. He always wants me to tell him everything... I even showed him the messages I got every evening so he wouldn't worry about anything. The worst thing I can imagine... He went through too many hardships and now I should be one of those?

I don't want to.

But still. I'm so disappointed. Isn't a relationship about equality? I don't want to be the kid next to him who has to be protected. I wanted to be worthy to be his boyfriend...

... now I'm just a .

"Hyukjae?"

I haven't heard him coming nearer.

I look away when his shadow falls onto me, put my crossed arms on my legs and my chin onto them.

"I'll just sit down next to you, alright? I won't say anything. I just sit down."

I let him do it, not saying anything.

Pabo...

You're the worst...

...Lee Donghae...

 

 

Don't you know, Hyukjae? My heart breaks every time you wipe your  face with your sleeve. Every ing time...So just stop and let your tears flow so I can be the one to wipe them away...