***

Gyeoul - Winter

Donghae

 

Life was beautiful. A sequence of moments sweeter than ice cream on Sundays. I was truly happy.

Until everything crumbled and fell apart.

And Hyukjae, the one who started all of this...

.

.

.

.

.

...still hugs Junsu as if there's no tomorrow.

It's kind of cute. It has been too long since he last met Junsu. Need to force him to call him more often.

Okay.

I surrender.

Put the jealousy away.

This is a cute hug.

A quiet long cute hug.

Yeah... I guess they could separate now.

Slowly...

Yaahh.

We're on screen. Get yourself together.

Ok, that's enough.

Good, trusting boyfriend who's never jealous?

SCREW THAT!

HANDS OFF MY BOYFRIEND JUNSU! I'LL BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU IF YOU DON'T RELEASE HIM RIGHT NOW!

.

.

.

They ignore me!

What happened to this world?!

They're frigging ignoring me!

Well, actually they can't know that I'm literally dying right now because I sit here with the brightest smile on my face.

Inside I'm boiling.

Junsu lets go off Hyukkie and for a moment our gazes meet.

Bring it on, ducky!

 

***

 

We disappear into our waiting room during the first break. Kyuhyun and Sungmin occupy the whole sofa as soon as they enter the room. Hyukjae wants to sit next to them but I grasp his wrist and pull him over to me.

"One kiss for every second you hugged him."

"Hhh?"

I pout and paw the ground with the tip of my shoe. "You know I get jealous. Especially when it's Junsu. He always bullies me."

"Hey No.2."

"See!?"

I snort and pull Hyukjae closer to my sight.

I really love Junsu but I turn into a fury when it's about him and Hyukkie.

No.2?

Phh...

Okay... maybe he knows him longer, but now I'm definitely his No.1.

Period.

"Yah, Fishy." Junsu smiley brightly and past my head. " Still a jealous ?"

"Junsu." Hyukkie says, clearly unable to cope with the situation.

"Phh...", I scoff. "It's not me who has to come to a TV show to get his attention."

"Jealous ~~~~~"

"YAH!" I nearly explode.

"Hae... please..."

"No.2, No.2", he sings and I nearly kick his leg. " You'll never be his No.1 cause I was there first."

"Well! I was HIS first!"

Hyukjaes skincolour turns crimson red in the split of a second and I regret my outburst in the split of a second.

"HAE!"

"Hyukkie.", Junsu laughs and pinches his cheek. " When did you turn into a beast in bed?"

"BOTH OF YOU! SHUT UP!"

Is he able to get more red in his face? I'm not able to see anymore. Sungmin shakes his head and sighs deeply before he gets up to drags Hyukjae away.

"Great." I mumble and cross my arms in front of my chest. Junsu comes closer and puts an arm around my shoulder.

"Now, lets become serious."

His smile disappears and a worried expression replaces it. "What's wrong with Hyukjae? I've seen him on TV. Somethings wrong. Am I right?"

I slouch my shoulders.

Pabo Hyukjae...

I really thought he would at least talk to his friend about it. Even if I'm going mad by thinking he tells him more than me, but  just the fact that he talks to someone would give me a feeling of relief that'd surpass all the jealousy I feel inside.

"He's not well." I say, only loud enough for him to hear.

"Why?"

"I guess it's better if he told you about it."

"I don't have to worry, right?"

I can't answer him and just look at my hands. There's silence between us for a few seconds. Then he tightens his grip around my shoulders. "You know, Donghae. I'm glad you're with him. I hope you know I only joke around. I know how much you love each other."

"And I hope you know I get jealous for real."

He chuckles and pats me cheek. "You're such a cutie."

"I know..." I pout again and he loosens his grip. "I guess I have to take my dongsaeng out for a talk tonight."

"We'll fly to Indonesia tomorrow morning. He needs to sleep."

"You just don't want him to go with me."

"As if I'd let the two of you go out without me."

That moment Leeteuks mobile rings.

Everyone gets silent. He answers the call and nods from time to time before he hangs up.

"Okay, guys. Change of plans."

He points at Siwon and me. "Both of you have to meet the producers of your new drama right after the recording. They want to discuss a few more things. And you four.", He points at K.R.Y and Hyukjae. " You won't fly to Indonesia tomorrow."

 

***

 

Kyuhyun

 

How the hell did I get myself into this?

I sit at the sofa in a quiet lounge somewhere downtown.

Why do I have to stay here?

I look at Junsu and Hyukjae who chat happily.

Both of them don't drink. What's the sense behind coming here?

And that brings me back to my question.

How the hell did I end up here?

Well, it's not that complicated.

Donghae freaked out after he heard that Hyukjae won't go to Indonesia with him due to his changed schedule. Sometimes he's just a child. He nearly cried because Leeteuk didn't allow him to also stay behind and just didn't want to let go his boyfriend who he nearly choked with his tight embrace.

I kind of understand him. Not that I would react like him. But I guess I know what's behind all of this. He promised to look after his boyfriend and now this came up.

Junsu didn't help at all.

As soon as he heard that Hyukjae didn't have to get up in the morning he forced poor Hyukkie to go out with him tonight and Donghae exploded for real because he couldn't accompany them due to his schedule.

Junsu's still alive and even Donghae agreed to let Hyukjae go with him after a while.

Even if he's a possessive , he knows Hyukjae better than anyone else.

And he most probably loves him more than anyone else. Talking to a friend is different than talking to a boyfriend and he knows that.

And Hyukjae needs his friends right now.

But of course, Donghae wouldn't leave him before he gave him a few instructions.

No alcohol.

No touching Junsu.

No alcohol.

No flirting.

No alcohol.

No coming home later than twelve o'clock.

No alcohol.

And not to forget the last point which includes me.

No going out without his personal spy - which is me, sadly.

And now I'm sitting here, watching over my hyung who might be kidnapped tonight if Donghaes fears come true.

I take a look at my watch.

11:23 pm.

"Hyukjae. We should head back home in a while. Donghae will kill me if we go home too late."

"But I want to talk to Junsu a little longer." he pouts and I raise my brow. "He'll kill me."

" He won't.", Hyukjae smiles and takes his mobile out of his pocket. " I call him and tell him we'll be out a little while longer."

He frowns when he looks at his mobile.

"What's wrong?" Junsu asks.

"I forgot to charge my mobile."

"Take mine."

I give it to him and he smiles at me. "Thanks, Kyu."

He dials Hae's number and waits.

After a few seconds someone seems to pick up.

He frowns again. "Who's there?....... Chi Soo? What are you doing in the dorm?..............   Ah, okay. Where's Donghae?...............Taking a shower? He might take longer?..............   Okay. Ehm. What?.................... No, no, Chi Soo. Please don't apologize for last night. It was my own fault.................. Yes, I feel better......................... Could you tell Donghae that we'll stay here a little longer? I don't want him to worry. And please tell him that my mobile is turned off. I forgot to charge it.................... okay, Thank you. ................Yes........................ Bye Chi Soo."

He gives me my mobile back and I put it into my back next to the sofa.

" Now, where did we stop?"

And all of sudden the discussion revolves around computer games and I'm so into it that I miss that someone calls me.

 

 

 

Eunhyuk

 

Darkness welcomes me.

Strange.

Usually Hae waits in front of the TV until I'm home, most of the times already asleep because he's too worn out.

I take off my shoes and put my key into the casket next to the wardrobe. A yawn escapes my mouth. Good thing I don't have to got to Indonesia tomorrow. But I have to get up anyway. I guess I have to carry Hae into the airplane or else he won't leave. I just go back to sleep when I'm back.

A noise scares me.

I wince and notice the silhouette of a person sitting at the kitchen table.

"Donghae?"

I smile when I recognise him. I knew he would wait for me. "I'm back."

"I can see."

Wait...

Why does he sound so tired?

I want to approach him but he just gets up slowly.

"Hae... what's wrong?"

And than it happens.

One of the things I never want to experience.

And now, that it happened I don't know what to do.

I reach out for him but he parries my hand. "Get out of my sight right now or else I don't know what I'll do."

My mouth opens but no word escapes it.

I only know his loving stare.

His jealous expressions.

His pout when he wants something.

His worried face that tells me that he'll die for sure if something would happen to me.

Right now, he's furious.

He keeps avoiding my gaze and clenches his fists.

"You'll stay here? Then I guess it's me who'll leave first."

"I..."

He ignores my words and leaves me alone in the dark.

Steps, then the closing of a door.

And my eyes start to get teary when I hear him turning the key.

 

Hae... What happened?