Best Friends

Can't Stop Me From Loving You

I woke up the next morning in a crappy mood. The last thing I wanted to do was to go to school. I kicked your alarm clock off the table and pulled the covers higher up to cover my head. Then Junho came running into my room.

“You broke your promise,” Junho yelled as he tried to pull the cover off my head.

“dsahdbnmf sdhbfchfc,” I mumbled as I tried to kick him off my bed.

“I stayed up till 12 then fell asleep,” he said proud, after I didn’t reply he said, “I can’t here you, but anyway you have to make it up to me.”

I pulled the covers off my head, “What?”

“Remember when we were young we made a promise to never break a promise, and if someone does then he owes something to the other? Well you just broke your promise!” He said overconfident.

“Fiine, Fiine.” I said still trying to kick him off my bed.

“You’re going to be late! No I’m going to be late, Hurry Ji Hyo!” he said as he ran out my room.

I got out of bed slowly; my wrist was still marked by the man from the night before. 'He just had to stop all my blood from circulating didn’t he?' I thought.

I got out of bed and took a quick shower; I remembered Jaejoong and how much fun I had with him.

When I got out of bed I again picked more random things to wear, you were in a worse mood than the day before even.

I wore blue skinny jeans and a T-Shirt

The yellow one: http://commonthreadz.org/shop/womens_kwan/4503_kwan/index.php

I sat down to put just a little bit of make up on. When I looked in the mirror I realized you had a bruise on my cheek. It wasn’t that visible from far but people will realize. I did you best to cover it up but it was still a little evident.

I wondered where I got that bruise; I didn’t remember any of the guys hitting me. I guessed that with all that movement and rejection, I must have got hit and not felt it, because of all that adrenalin rush in my body

I ran downstairs, had a quick breakfast and started to walk to school. I was really in need to just walk. I felt the wind play with my hair. The suns caress on my face. I felt much better after that walk. It was one of the secrets of nature.

Again my classes flew by and it was time to see him again. This time I went to class early on purpose.

I walked in and stood right in front of him; he looked up and paused from marking the sheets.

“Hi, Mr. Kim,” I said half cheerful. I knew that I couldn’t call him Jaejoong at school, not like he’d mind but the students and teachers would make a big deal out of it.

“Ji Hyo,” his eyes widened, he stood up suddenly “Why did you leave like that yesterday? I was worried!”

“I…I… had to go home… and… I was late,” I replied shocked.

His face softened “Okay, sorry for freaking out on you, I thought something happened to you, and I looked everywhere.”

“Sorry,” I felt so guilty now; I hope he wouldn’t ask anything. I knew that if he asked I couldn’t lie to him.

“So, the cab came pretty fast huh? When I ran outside you weren’t there,” he asked curious.

OH CRAP, he HAD to ask! I urged myself to lie.

“Well, I was waiting for the cab but ended up… walking,” that wasn’t a lie, really.

He looked at me confused, “You walked home at twelve am? Isn’t that place full of bad people, I heard there’s three guys that hang around there and attack girls that are alone.”

“Don’t worry they’re taken care of, they won’t bother anyone anymore,” I snickered, then I put both your hands on mouth, swearing at myself in my head for letting that slip.

“What do you mean? You know about them?” he asked even more lost.

It was too late now, I had to tell him everything, “Okay, well I was waiting outside for the cab and they came onto me, so I ran, and I didn’t know where I was going, then I hit a dead end, and they got too close and they started to hold onto my wrist hard and they got angry at me because I wouldn’t cooperate, then some random guy came out of nowhere and hit them all, and he was really good at fighting, I thought it was you so I was relieved then I realized it wasn’t, and I freaked out again, but he ended up being a nice guy and he walked me home.” I rambled on and on and re thinking about it all hurt so I shut my eyes.

Suddenly I felt warmth engulf me. I opened my eyes and sure enough Jaejoong was hugging me tight.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you and you had to go through that,” he said, “I’m a bad friend.”

I hugged him back, “No, it’s not your fault, I didn’t wait for you, and... you’re a great friend.”

I heard footsteps coming and we both pulled away acting like nothing happened.

Yoona walked in, ALONE? Shock. “Ohhh Mr. Kim,” she slurred trying to flirt.

“Hi Yoona,” he said in a very teacher way, I laughed it’s the first time I heard him talk like that.

Yoona then turned around and looked at you “Ji Hyo” she said your name as if it was poisonous.

I raised one eyebrow at her, she looked at Jaejoong, “Uuh Hihi, I’ll come back later,” she giggled, gave me a dirty look and walked out.

“Wow, what just happened?” asked Jaejoong, he was relieved.

“Well, I taught her not to mess with me,” I answered confident.

“Washroom?” he asked again.

“HUH?” I didn’t understand, then, I remembered the washroom incident, “Oooh, Yeah!” I grinned.

“I think I should make you my body guard, since I’ve been here I’ve tried to get the message across, but just a look from you and she gives up?” he joked.

We both laughed.

~~~~~~~~3 WEEKS LATER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’ve been hanging out with Jaejoong almost every day after school, watching movies, trying out different restaurants, going to places we’ve never been before, sharing a lot of personal information. It felt like I’ve known him for a really long time. He was the best friend that I needed. I felt like my feelings for him are growing.

One day when I was in his apartment. Someone knocked on the door and Jaejoong got up to answer.

A really pretty girl stood at the door and when he opened she jumped on him,

“JAEJOONG, I missed you!” she screamed and kissed him.

Your heart was now beating fast and you felt dizzy. The apartment was spinning around you.