Gun Shots

Can't Stop Me From Loving You

Jaejoong softly pushed her off and turned around to look at me. He had something in his eyes but I couldn’t tell what it was. The girl then realized that I was there.

“Oh… hi,” said the girl, I could tell she was sort of apologetic.

“I have to go; I’ll see you at school Mr. Kim.”

He looked at me sort of hurt, Mr. Kim? It sounded weird to him; I haven’t called him that for a long time.

I grabbed your jacket and ran out as fast as I could. I went to the closest park and sat there on a bench. I wasn't crying but I felt a huge feeling in my chest, I didn’t know what it was. I felt even more confused.
I had the same feeling in his apartment when the girl kissed him and then I didn’t know what the look he or the girl gave me was. Am I hurt? Slowly tears DID come out.

Silently, I just sat there with tears rolling down my cheeks slowly. The wind was a bit chilly but that didn’t stop me. No one was outside and the world seemed to be grey.

I wanted to be more than a best friend to Jaejoong. ‘I’m so stupid’ I thought ‘it’s too late now, that was obviously his girlfriend.’

FLASHBACK 5 MINUTES BEFORE THE GIRL CAME

Jaejoong brought popcorn and sat next to me on the couch, “what do you want to watch?”

“Nothing to do with zoos or animals,” I pouted.

He started to laugh out loud, “That was funny, how can you trip over… NOTHING? ”

“It’s the entire zoos fault, it should just be a safer place,” I blamed.

He looked at your knee, “is it healing well?”

I started to ramble again, “that was so weird, I swear I thought I saw something pass under me before I tripped,
then all of a sudden I fell, and my knee hurt, and it got scratched and blood started to come out,” he was silent.

I looked at him and he was so close to me. I widened your eyes at first but then I closed my eyes. My heart could not keep up, and I wanted to put everything on slow motion.

Just then his cell phone rang and both of us opened our eyes. Just 2 more seconds and…

~~~~~~~~~END OF FLASHBACK ~~~~~~~~~

Now that I think about it Jaejoong never answered your questions when I asked about girlfriends. He always did something to get out of it but I didn’t think much about it then.

If he had a girlfriend why would he try to kiss me?
I don’t know how many hours passed and I stayed there, thinking about everything that happened in the past month of my life and how it drastically changed. Maybe I should back off of Jaejoong now that I know he has a girlfriend, I know I wouldn’t like him to have such a close girl friend if he was going out with me. It was not fair for his girlfriend.

After I had come to a decision, I realized that it got pretty dark, and I had to head back home now. Taecyeon hadn’t come back home for 3 days now and he hasn’t made contact. I was worried sick about him.

He has done this many times before then he comes home in a bad condition. I wondered where he was now.

I walked home and when I was almost there you heard gun shots. They sounded close but I thought they were just really loud I then started to fast-walk home. Then I saw a man wearing a black jacket and nothing under come towards me. I didn’t worry and kept walking.

“Lee Ji Hyo!” haha I hear my name now, that’s funny.

“Ji Hyo!,” oh he IS saying my name. I turned around to see who was calling me.

“Jaebeom?” What was he doing here?

“Ji Hyo you shouldn’t be here now, run!” he whispered and gave me a little push.

I just stared at him. He was y like that. His abs were clearly visible and he had a necklace on. I didn’t run obviously. I examined his whole body then moved down to his hands. What was he holding? A…GUN!?

I gasped, “Jaebeom, what’s…that?” I’m so stupid; it’s a gun, but why?

He didn’t answer me but gave me another push this time firmer than before, “Ji Hyo I mean it. RUN!!”

I was about to but then I heard a loud gunshot, now I knew that all of this was close. REALLY close; actually standing right in front of me.

Jaebeom pushed me out of the way; he shot at some guy behind him that was shooting at us. I didn’t scream but I didn’t move. Jaebeom was now hugging me with one hand and protecting me with his body while he shot at the guy.
I saw a bullet come right at me, I closed my eyes but it didn’t hit me. 'I’m so lucky' I thought. Then Jaebeom held my hand and ran. I don’t know how far we went and where we were.

But Jaebeom stopped running and hid behind a wall of a building. I came back to my senses then and looked at him.
He looked hurt, then I realized that the bullet didn’t hit me because he protected me. Jaebeom took the bullet for me.

I started to cry. He looked at me perplexed, “Don’t cry Ji Hyo, I swear I’ll protect you, you’ll go home safely.”

I just cried even more. I didn’t know him much but he was protecting me with everything he had. He could’ve left me
there alone, between all these gunshots but he didn’t.

“You’re hurt,” I whimpered.

“Oh, its okay, not my first bullet,” he said smiling, but I could see he was trying hard to not show me that he was hurt.

“We need to go to the hospital,” I said as I was trying to pull him. He didn’t budge, he just kept leaning on the wall.

“NO, I can’t just leave like this, people I know are out there fighting for their lives,” he said.

“What do you mean?” I didn’t understand! Why were they fighting for their lives?

“Ji Hyo, you’re safe now, you can go home,” he gave me a light push again.

“NO!” I couldn’t leave him here like this after all that he did for me, “Let me at least take care of your
shoulder.”

He just looked at me perplexed.

“Please,” I insisted. 

=========================================================================

Hope you like the plot! :)

Am I going too fast?

Thanks for all the comments! <3