Intriguing Lunch Hour

Can't Stop Me From Loving You

Hi Again. Remember me? Probably not- Oh you do? Okay *blush blush*. Last time I had to leave because Mr. Kim approached me, I’m 100% you remember HIM. It was an awkward conversation I kept on staring at his eyes which were gleaming from the sun’s rays. Did I tell you I’m a goner for eyes? I just kept falling deeper and deeper, I felt like he could see through me. Haha not literally this time. Another point to say he knows I exist.

*Flashback*

“Hey Ji Hyo,” said Mr. Kim running to catch up to me. I was 100% he wasn’t on lunch duty that day, why’s he here?

“Hi,” I answered timidly. This was the first time someone at this school approached me to talk.

He stood there for a few seconds not talking and I looked at him intriguingly waiting for his comment.

“uuuhh I was just wondering why you were always late for class,” he didn’t seem angry just concerned.

I didn’t know what to answer to that, can you really tell him why? I wasn't ready to share such deep secrets yet and I was still bewildered at how beautiful he actually was, it’s the first time I’ve been so close to him.

It amused me how I could just reach over and touch his face, I smiled, and then I remembered he was waiting for my reply.

“uuuhh I don’t know,” I yelled at myself in my head for being so dumb, what kind of reply was that?

“Haha okay” He chuckled “A-“ someone cut him off.

“MR. KIM, MR. KIM!” yelled Yoona as she ran towards us desperately trying to get his attention.

I was irritated that she approached while he was trying to tell me something. A? AAAHHHH. So many words start with ‘a’.

She started to ramble on about how annoying the guys are to her, or more like trying hard to flirt. Mr. Kim kept glancing over at me while she was talking and he gave me an apologetic smile.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” I whispered trying not to get Yoona’s attention.  It’s not like she realized I was standing there anyway.

He nodded.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

So are you with me, about killing Yoona? Haha not like Mr. Kim was going to say anything that would have changed my life forever. A? Apple? ACHUUU? A Notebook? Whatever I Give Up.

I was thinking about my talk with Mr. Kim all night and at the moment. I didn’t look ahead and bumped hard into someone. I fell back; I closes my eyes and waited for that hard thud that would give me a bum bruise for a week. But it didn’t happen. I opened my eyes to see those beautiful eyes staring at me in amusement. I quickly blushed when I realized how close Mr. Kim’s lips were from mine. Just 1 inch and…. I shook the idea out of my head and stood up straight. While bowing to him saying sorry over and over. He looked at the ground and realized that I dropped my lunch.

“Come with me,” he said. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me again and just stood there.

Mr. Kim then held onto my wrist and pulled me through the crowd that was forming around me and led me to his office.

“Sorry it was my fault you food fell,” he was sincere

“No, sir. It was mine I wasn’t looking ahead,” I said earnestly. He beamed as if he knew this was never going to end.

“Okay well to redeem myself, I’ll share my lunch with you,” he pushed his lunch box towards me. Took out an extra pair of chopsticks and put it in my hand. It’s as if he knew I wasnt going to accept otherwise. But of courseI still couldn’t accept,I got so used to the fact that I was always alone and shook my head vigorously. I couldn’t take him for granted.

“No, I’m fine, really,” as I lied you could feel my stomach rumbling. I hoped he would give up on me then and let me be. I wouldn’t forgive myself for leaning on him in such a situation

“Fine… ” He said as he looked down. Yes!! He gave up I was getting ready to stand up when he suddenly said “… I’m not eating either” I lost all strength in my legs and just stared at him dumbfounded. Did he seriously just say that?

I laughed and he took that as his cue and poured me some juice. The whole lunch was spent talking about past experiences. He told me that his dad was getting better but little by little and he was enjoying teaching, it was always what he wanted to do. I told him truthfully about my past and my parent’s accident.

That wasn’t an awkward talk and I walked out of his office with a huge grin plastered on my face.