Pajamas

Can't Stop Me From Loving You

I quickly wiped off the tears from my cheek and acted like I wasn’t crying. He came over casually as if it wasn’t random for him to be here and sat next to me on the bench. I tried hard to restrain my tears. I gave him my back so he doesn’t observe me cry. He sat there wordlessly as tears rolled down my cheek.

“After you cry you’ll feel better,” he said in a soothing voice. He slowly reached over and handed me some Kleenex.

“I don’t like you to see me cry, this ” I whined unhappy as I wiped the tears off and sniffed into my kleenex.

He just smiled and kept on looking ahead into the lake, “act like I’m not here.”

I just sat there for a few minutes quietly. It was like when he came I didn’t need to cry anymore. I finally turned around and faced the same direction he was.

“I am disappointed,” I said as I examined the ground.

“You don’t always have to be happy,” he replied.

I kept on studying the ground, “do you believe so?”

“You will always become her again, the ‘Happy Jihyo’” he said with confidence as his head slightly tilted my way.

I grabbed some more Kleenex out of his hand and blew my nose. “When I am with you I can talk about everything.”

“You can come whenever you need to; I will keep a spot for you,”

“Thanks,” after a few seconds I had mustered up the courage to say it.

“I’ll wait as long as it takes,” he said sincerely.

“hmm?” I looked up at him; I didn’t understand what he meant.

“However long it takes you to forget pretty boy I’ll wait,” Jay explained. He put his arm around me and lightly pushed my head onto his shoulder. “I’ll make sure your heart heals.”

I didn’t say anything and stayed quiet looking ahead. His words made more tears roll down my cheeks. I was comfortable the way we were.

After what seemed like half an hour I woke up with a start. Jaebeom was looking at me with an eyebrow raised, “Monster interrupted your dream?”

I rested again, but then I realized I fell asleep on his arm. “Oh my god! I am so sorry. Is your arm asleep?”

He chuckled, “It’s all good, and it’ll come back in a few minutes.” I grabbed his arm and I started to massage it.

“You’re always here to listen, I think now it’s my turn.” I looked at him expectantly.

“What would you like to hear?” he asked confused.

“What’s on your mind? You think I don’t realize but I do, I can tell when you’re not happy.”

He paused for a few seconds as if pondering whether to tell me or not.

I waited, after a few minutes he pulled his hand away.
“I have nothing to say,” he said as he slightly turned to look the other way. I did not want to push him further since he probably did not usually share his feelings with anyone.

I stared at his face as he looked everywhere except me. He had such beautiful smooth skin. It made me wonder if he was really a guy; and on top of that he was a mafia. I looked down at his arms. He was well-built. His arms were full of muscle and I could see some veins on his arms.
However, something then caught my attention, a bracelet that shined from the inside. I never paid attention to the accessories he wore before. I really do know nothing about him. But he intrigued me.

“Want to tell me about your step-mom?” I asked softly so that he agrees.

Even though it might seem like nothing but if he shared something with me every day I would feel closer to him.
“She married my dad 4 years ago; we believe she is after his money. No woman wants a mafia as a husband but she popped out of nowhere.”

She seemed like such a nice woman, it wasn’t right that they just judged her like this. “Maybe she just needs some love,” I said out loud.

“Huh? Love? As if! That’s not something people should want that badly. What is love anyway? People act like they love you but they are gone the next day. Others don’t know how to tell you they love you so they treat you like . If this is what love is then it is not worth killing for.” Jay’s eyes were not shining anymore. He spoke as if he was speaking from experience.

“I will prove it to you,” I said boldly.

“Prove what?” he asked confused.

“Prove that Jessica just needs love and that love may not be worth killing for but it is worth fighting for,” now I was the one looking at him with non-shining eyes.

I wanted to show him that there is something out there that can make you feel full even if you are starving.

He looked at me unconvinced. “Yeah, sure. Wake me up from the dead when that happens.” He stood up looking down at me. He still had time to joke huh?

“Yeah, you’ll be dead because you died for your love,” I snapped back as I stood up as well to look him square in the eyes.

“Oooh trying to act smart huh?” I started to run away and Jaebeom ran after me. “Watch out, don’t trip on your PJ’s, you’re so clumsy!” He yelled from behind.

“I’m not clumsy what are you talking ab- WOOAAHH!”

“Are you okay?” said Jaebeom as he ran up to me quickly.
I burst out laughing as I sat down on the floor on my with my legs wide open in front of me. Jaebeom started to laugh as well and he sat down next to me messing up my hair.

“Told you.”

“You tell anyone about this and-“

“-you’ll make sure I don’t have a hand. I get it!” he started to laugh out loud again as I stared him down.

“It’s not funny,” I puffed as I stood up and started to walk home. He was making fun of my attempts to threaten.
He can’t expect me to become a professional overnight.
I could still hear him chuckling behind me as he tried to keep it in. I heard him jog up behind me and I was expecting him to apologize.

“Oh, hello beautiful! Where are you going to party tonight? You’re dressed to kill and your clothes are murderous!” As soon as he finished his sentence he burst out laughing.

“Jayyyy! You’re not funny! Don’t make fun of my Pajamas.”

I punched him hard on his arm.

“Ouucchhh! That hurt!”

“That teaches you to mess with me.” I gave him dirty looks. The whole time he was making fun of me I was forcing myself not to smile. It’s really hard not to when I am around him. “Anyway I have to go home now; I am trying out for a job tomorrow.”

“I’ll walk you,” Jay put his arm around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jay’s POV Much Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So she actually hurt when she punched you?” asked Junsu intrigued, after I finished telling him about what mostly happened that day.

“No not really it just tingled.”

“Oh tingle that’s nothing,” he said reassured as he sat back down in his seat. It was as if he was testing how manly I was.

“Tingle? That’s a lot. When my stomach tingles that already means I am starving,” commented Chansung from across the room as he ate the dried mangoes.

“Chansung! Can you ever not mention food? And your stomach ‘tingles’ 24/7 I see.” Junsu yelled back at him.

“No I cannot NOT mention food. And what you hear every day is rumbling, there’s a difference. That just means my stomach needs some kind of food,” retorted Chansung from across the room.

“Well why don’t you take your tingling-rumbling stomach and go have a conversation with it in your room, since you understand it so much?” Junsu now turned around to glare at Chansung who disregarded him as he tossed some more mangoes into his mouth.

I started to laugh at how crazy these boys are! They never cease to make me smile. However, love is really not what we need. It's something that stupid people want to waste some time on. And I had my share of being back stabbed. There is nothing that hurts more than watching your loved ones walk out of your life. 

==========================================================

I love this chapter! :D

Please comment!! <3