Dark Closet

Can't Stop Me From Loving You

I sat there in the dark speculating why exactly I was here in the first place. I could hear clearly what was happening outside the closet. I tried to peak between the door and the side but I couldn’t see anything. Jaebeom is going to see what I am going to do to him once I am out of here.

I was trying to make no sound even though I was really uncomfortable with something really random poking my cheek. Why couldn’t this closet be a little cleaner?
Then the room hushed. I heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs and they stopped when they reached the door to the room.

“What are you guys doing? Do you really have time to be playing around like this?” Boomed Mr. Park’s voice.

“No sir, we’ll get back to work this instant,” said Junsu quietly.

“You! How could you bring a girl here? Does this place look like a dating center? If you wanted to play around like this then Jinwoon can take over the business,” his dad sounded threatening.

Jaebeom raised his voice, “No-”

I heard Jinwoon then interrupt Jay, “Dad-”

“Jinwoon will never get involved with this business.” Jay continued his thought firmly.

“Well, why don’t you act like you are taking my spot when I’m gone?” Inquired Mr. Park furious.

“I am! I don’t want to do this ing work. But I am doing it! What else do you expect? Huh? Do you want me to jump off a bridge to prove it to you?” Jay was arguing back fuming.

The room got silent for a while. I was shocked by what I was hearing but I didn’t know what to do.

“I am trying to teach you the ways of this business so that you’ll be ready,” he said as if explaining his duty in life.

“I get it! I still have a life though and there are some parts I don’t want you to interfere in.” Jay stood strong on his ground.

The whole room got even quieter if that was possible. I would have probably heard a pin drop.

"It is not safe to get a girl involved in our business," he said matter-of-factly.

"She is not involved, she has nothing to do with it," said Jaebeom still arguing furiously.

“We’ll talk about that later, for now I guess we’re on the same page then,” responded his dad calmly, as if he got exactly what he wanted.

I peeked quickly through a tiny hole I found towards the corner of the closet. I could only see the back of his dad. He looked like a fit guy. Not fat or skinny. Too bad I did not get a chance to see him though.

He turned around and slightly moved his head to the right to talk again “get the girl out of the closet before she suffocates. I’m not the boss for nothing. Hide her somewhere else next time.” He then smirked in a scary-angriyish way towards the closet and kept on walking. I still did not see him clearly. The hole was too small for me to actually see his features.

I retreated as far back as possible towards the end of the closet. The smirk was directed towards me and let me tell you I got goose bumps. I wouldn’t be able to be in one room with him without getting chills.

No one said anything and Jay walked towards the closet and opened the door for me. I could tell he was uncomfortable.
“Shove me in a closet one more time and I’ll make sure you don’t have a hand,” I joked to lift up his mood.

“You mean ‘forget about ever having a hand’,” chuckled Jay in response to my failed attempt.

“I’m learning, not like I can do this like you professionals anyway.”

“We should have guessed he would have realized, I mean like he was trained for stupid things like this,” said Chansung in a sarcastic tone.

“Shut up Chansung… I saw the way you shoved the banana down your throat when you found out he was coming,” retorted Junsu exasperated.

“I did not shove it; I was so hungry that I… swallowed it!” Chansung tried to defend his actions.

“Both of you shut up, arguing is not going to make this any better,” Jinwoon was trying to reason with both of them.

“Guys!” I heard a screech and a few thumps like heels racing down the hallway.

I was staring at the empty doorway wondering what the hell that was when a blonde head popped up and then a body.

“Oh there you are!” said the woman that was barely dressed.

“What do you want Jessica?” asked Jaebeom in an irritated way.

“I heard you brought a girl over I wanted to meet her,” she screeched again.

“Well she doesn’t want to see you, so leave!” Jinwoon looked pissed as well.

“ ‘YAWN’ Oooh, I love your shirt. It’s really cute. We should go shopping someday.” The lady didn’t seem that mean and she looked like she was in her early 30s.

I nodded while smiling at her.

All 4 guys looked at me with wide eyes. After a few more dirty looks from Jinwoon she waved, smiled and walked off.

“I can’t stand her!” said Jinwoon in frustration.

“Who- is she? She seemed nice.” I asked lost.

“That was our step-mom.” Jay answered gloomily.

“Do you know what you got yourself into? You actually nodded when she asked to go shopping?” asked Chansung with wide-eyes.

“There goes Saturday and Sunday for you, and Monday if she convinces you,” said Junsu while shaking his head.

I smiled at how the boys were over-reacting, “its okay, she’s probably not that bad.”

Jay smiled at me, “I should take you home.”

“Bye guys!” I waved and walked out of the room, Jay was right behind me.

“She’s really hot,” I heard Jinwoon whisper after we were outside.

Jay took a step back and popped his head in. “What the did you say?!” he asked with a death glare.

“This girl… in the game is extremely hot,” answered Jinwoon in a panic.

Chansung and Junsu burst out laughing, “Nice covering. You didn’t find anything else to point out other than the boy in the game? You could have said Jessica or something.”

"You guys shouldn't be talking, try to say or do something that Jay doesn't like. He's scary," said Jinwoon in a cute-scared voice.

Jay and I kept on walking while smiling at their comments. Jay didn’t mention his family at all during the car ride so I didn’t ask about it. We sat in silence, while the radio played whatever was on. I was really tired so I didn’t mind.

Jay slowed down when we reached my block, “I’ll bring you again, some other day.”

“Are you sure about that? It’s fine really.” I didn’t want him to be uncomfortable or in trouble with his dad. Not to forget the fact that his dad scared me.

“I’m positive,” he said as we arrived to my driveway.


“I still have your sweater, I’ll give it back to you,” I said as I stepped out of the car.

“No, keep it.”

Just as I was about to close the car door, TOP, Taec, Wooyoung, Junho and Nickhun walked out to see who came.
Taec nodded towards Jaebeom and Jay raised a hand. I was shocked but I didn’t say anything. TOP was looking at Junho, Wooyoung and Khun since they were playing basketball.

However, when he turned over to look into the car his eyes widened. TOP was staring at Jay, Jay looked at him but he had no reaction whatsoever. I waved at him and he drove off.

“Hey, you’re out!” I said excited when I got closer to TOP. He smiled his dashing smile.

“Watch out, he’s still really hurt. They wouldn’t let him out until we made a ruckus,” said Taec proud of his accomplishments of the day.

I raised an eyebrow at him, “how childish can you be?”

“If its for the sake of a brother I’d even shoot them,” replied Taec while raising his shoulders to show his pride.

I was about to say something when TOP beat me to it, “Yeah, yeah, now shut up.”

I laughed, “Maybe TOP should hang around here forever, I like him.” There was someone to join me in bullying Taec now.

“Mom and dad said he could have the basement until he needs to leave, so basically forever.”

“That’s not bad, I think I could live with him, but them, I don’t know. They don’t even live here and I see them more than possible.” I said pointing at Khun and Wooyoung.
Wooyoung who had just done a lay-up turned around and all he could say was “Heyyyyyy!” in a hurt tone.

“I’m joking! What’d you guys make for food?”

“Nothing, we were waiting for you,” answered Nickhun as he tried to dunk.

“Yeah, hospital food was too disgusting!” complained Wooyoung.

“You weren’t supposed to eat that TOP was.” I answered matter-of-factly.

TOP and Taec went in and I followed them in, after changing and wearing my pajamas I cooked some rice and I was too tired so I just made Kraft Dinner Mac and Cheese.
The boys were extremely hungry so they almost swallowed their food. I ate a little then went to my room to relax.
I tried to call Dara since I felt so stressed and I needed to talk to someone about everything but she didn’t pick up. I settled with sending her a text message to call me when she can.

After 5 minutes I couldn’t sleep so I left my room to go talk to Taec. I was sure he could make me feel better.
Taeceyeon’s door was already open I was about to knock when I heard him talking.

“Wait, Dara, I don’t understand…” No wonder she didn’t pick up my phone call.

I was about to walk away from Taecyeon's door when I heard him talk. “So that Jaejoong dude is getting married to his fiancée?” I stood there in shock.

“You think that’s why he left ~Ji Hyo? What do you mean don’t tell her. She has to get over him. This will help…. I can’t stand seeing her hurt like this.” I stepped back suddenly and hit a picture on the wall and it fell.

“Shhh- I’ll call you back. Someone’s here.”

I was going to leave it and go but it broke so I had to pick up the glass. Taecyeon walked out from his room and stood there for a second. “How long were you here?”

My eyes were getting teary, and my view was blurred. “Not… Long.”

He bent down to pick up the glass with me. The tears filled me eyes and I cut myself with the glass shards.

“Watch it,” said Taecyeon as he held my bleeding finger.

He then saw that I was crying, I pulled out my hands from his and ran out of the house. Hanging out with Jay for the whole day made me forget that Jaejoong was gone. A part of me had believed that it was not over. I had hope; I believed that he would be back. But, I guess I have no chance. He is going to be a husband soon. I cringed at the thought.

I just kept on running until I found myself at a park; I slowly walked over to a bench and sat down. I sobbed like this for about 2 hours when I heard a familiar voice behind me, “Cute PJ’s.”

I turned around and saw Jay walking towards me.

 

=======================================================

Hope you guys liked the last 2 chaps! :)

Thanks for everyone who comments <3

and thanks to all the silent readers!