"Hey, Babe!"

Can't Stop Me From Loving You

"I did a good job by hiring you,” said Mr. Kang the next day at work.

I bowed, “Thank You!”

“I will have to start making a schedule now, since I never had to before. Take care of the front while I make the schedule in the back.”

“Yes,” I bowed again.

“I wonder how many times I will have to bow today.” I whispered after he vanished to the back. A few customers came in and out and bought a few things. The store was like an extremely small place that basically sold anything you need.

I then received a text:

“Hello! Long time no see!
Let’s hang out soon :)”
From: Jay

I sent him a text back:

“Hey! Yeah we should, but now you have to tell me in advance.
I got a job!!! =]”

He then texted back:

“No way! Finally! I’ll come visit soon, where is it?”
From:Jay

I sent him the address of the store.

Mr .Kang then walked out of the back. “You’ll work on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sundays we’ll both work since we get a lot of customers that day. Is that fine with you?”

“Yes,” and I bowed, yet again.

“Do you usually work alone?” I asked astonished.

“Yes, I was able to then. But now, my wife is in the hospital so if I get another worker it would help as well.” He said sadly.

“I’m sorry. I hope she gets better.”

“It’s okay; anyway I’ll leave work for you today. And you can text and talk on the phone but not in front of the customers please.” That’s the last sentence he said before stepping out.

He never waits for anyone’s replies, does he?
As soon as he stepped out of the store I called Nickhun asking him if he wants to work. He got so excited and he said he would come see the owner tomorrow with his resume.
I got used to working, it wasn’t that hard. An hour before closing time Jay popped his head in.

“Hey, you hungry?”

I nodded, “Don’t have time to leave the store.”

He walked all the way to the counter, “I’ve been to the store before but I stayed in the car. I didn’t know you work here.”

“I started recently,” I stated as I put some products away on the shelves. Jay walked around and sat on the chair behind the counter watching me.

“Uhhh I think we should go to the amusement park one day,” said Jay looking down at the counter.

I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

“You know, just because I heard that girls love that and stuff,” he defended quickly after.

“Sure, it’s going to be lots of fun!” I yelled and smiled. "Try not to scream too loud this time. There's no way I'm not going on the big rides! Don't care what you think!"

"I don't scream," defended Jay.

I had two things in my hand as I was trying to put them away but my hair got in my eyes. I tried to take them out but I couldn’t.

Jay then walked all the way up to me and gently moved my hair out of my face and we stood like that staring at each other. My heartbeat was fast I wonder if Jay could hear it. Jay brought his head closer slowly and our lips were about to touch when suddenly there were two guys at the door.

“Hey! Jay I didn’t know you had a girlfriend,” said one amused.

Jay took a quick step away from me, ”she’s not.”

“That’s not what it looks like,” said the second guy looking at me.

“I’d never go out with her,” said Jay furious.

My mouth dropped open. The guys both smirked looked at me again and left.

Jay then turned around, looked at me then said, “Anyway, I have to go now. Uhh I’ll see you later.” And he left.

After Jay left I went home quickly. What did he mean when he said that he would never go out with me? We were about to kiss. Was I going to let him kiss me? Uggh I don't know! I didn't even think of Jaejoong when it happened. Does he like me? Do I like him? Why am I annoyed that this was his answer. I obviously can’t expect him to say that I am his girlfriend but I am still irritated.

I spent the whole week at work. It helped me clear my mind and I needed the money anyway. I haven't seen Jay since the last incident. He didn't text me much either. When I asked Taecyeon if he knew what type of work Jaebeom had been doing these days his answer was, "That's business I can't talk about. Ask him if you really want to know." Yeah all his talk about protecting me was bull. He can't even tell me where my best friend is.

I was cleaning a few things before closing time and putting products on the shelf when the two guys that came in when Jay was here came back.

“Hey, babe,” tried one of the guys.

“Don’t call me ‘babe’,” I answered annoyed. These guys ruined my chance to kiss Jay.

“Why don’t you come and hang out with us?” asked the second guy.

“Sorry, not interested. I have work,” I replied indifferently.

“Come on, work can wait,” the second guy walked up to me and grabbed my wrist.

“Let Go!” I screamed frightened.

“Damn, this doesn’t stop moving.” They were both grabbing on to me now trying to drag me out of the store into their car. I was wriggling and kicking anything in my way.

“Stop moving you ,” one of the guys slapped me which caused my head to go sideways and my mouth started to bleed.

I restrained myself from crying even though the pain shot through me, “My friends will not leave you alone. You will regret this you s!” I spit my blood onto one guys face.

“We want your dirty boyfriend to come save you! We’ll show him how dirty WE can get.”

One guy lifted his hand again to slap me when someone stopped it. I gasped astonished.

“Don’t you dare touch her,” growled Taecyeon as he pushed both guys away from me. “Solve your problems with Jay somewhere else. Don’t involve a girl in this.” Taec was furious and he pulled out his gun instantly.

One of the guys took out his as well but the other just gawked at all of this. The one that did not pull out a gun seemed to be of a superior position than the other, “Min, put your gun down. Those were not the orders given to us.” After he talked to his accomplice he turned to me and Taecyeon. “Taecyeon this is between us and Jay’s gang. You are just a third party you don’t want to get involved. You know how our world functions.”

Taecyeon did not lower his gun, “When you start involving her in this I become the first party.”

The guy understood the situation, he put his hand on ‘Mins’ gun, who had not lowered it at all. He then said “let’s go, there’s nothing we can do today.” After that, they both pulled out.

I sighed relieved. Taec turned around to face me he tucked his gun to where it belonged and examined my wrist. It was just red because of the pressure but it would not bruise.
Taecyeon still looked furious, however he did not say anything.

“Why did you come?” I asked trying to change the atmosphere.

“I was out on a date with Dara; we were close so I decided to visit you randomly… Thank God I did.”

“Do you… know these guys?”

“There are many gangs around here. They are one of the minor ones. The other day Jay’s gang took over their drug business. I guess they were revenging.” Taecyeon was looking around the store. I have no idea what he thought he would find.

I looked at Taecyeon and just by his facial features I knew what he was thinking, “Taec, listen. This job is great. I am not going to approve your decision of not letting me work here.”

He looked at me and acknowledged the fact that I knew what he was thinking, “Okay fine. But Nickhun has to start working here with you.”

“He talked to the manager he told him to start next week.”I replied hoping to convince him. He nodded, “come, let’s go home.”

“No, just leave. Dara is waiting. I can go home alone.”


Taecyeon was opening his mouth to reject the idea but I stopped him, “Leave- I’ll be fine.” After pushing him out of the store he looked at me one more time then left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A while later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I was checking the computer for any updates when my phone rang. “Jaybummie” said my caller I.D. My heart skipped a beat and I picked up instantly.

“Hello?”

“Hey are you okay?” he asked worried.

“Yeah. Fine-why?”

“Uhhh, I heard about what happened.”

“Oh—how?” Jay did not respond. “Taec told you didn’t he?”

“Yeah, he did. Listen, I think I should see you less. We’ll meet less often,” decided Jay.

"You call after ignoring me for a whole week and this is all you can say?" I said annoyed.

"It's for the best," he answered coolly.

“Jay. Don’t do this. It is not your fault they came to find me. Please don’t just disappear on me.”

“No, Ji Hyo. I cannot live knowing that I am a burden to your life.”

“Can you stop being such a drama queen!” I yelled into the phone furious, “you promised to stay by my side until my heart heals. Jaejoong also left because he thought he was a burden to me. This is not the right way to protect me!” I was raging now. The last thing I needed was to lose another friend in my life.

“I’m Sorry…” I heard Jay say.

“Hello?...Hello?... JAY!!!... Hello!”

Beep Beep Beep Beep. he hung up.

=============================================================================
When will all this drama stop? But then again, this is a fanfic. If there was no drama I wouldn't be writing :P

=============================================================================