Shocking Meeting

Can't Stop Me From Loving You

Jaebeom had just kissed me and I was so happy I could jump off a bridge. We went to a café and sat there.

“I am still angry at you for ditching me for the past few days,” I pouted.

“I’m sorry. I realize how stupid that was now,” he replied truthfully.

“So, you promise not to leave like that again?” I tried.
He smirked, “of course!”

I was about to say something else when I thought I saw Jaejoong walking outside. My heart did not go into another round of pain. But I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to know how he was and why he was here.

When I looked again the person was gone.

“What’s wrong? Do you want to leave?” Jaebeom asked worried.

I nodded and we left the café.

“What’s wrong though?” inquired Jaebeom again.

“I thought I saw Jaejoong,” I responded truthfully.

He laughed, “Pretty boy? I don’t think-” Jaebeom stopped talking. Standing in front of me, was Jaejoong and that really pretty girl that came to his apartment.

“Jaejoong!” I said excited. I was going to hug him but decided not to since he had his fiancée or ‘wife’ with him.

“Lee Ji Hyo! Hi! It’s been a while.”

I nodded, “what are you doing here?”

“We came to shop,” he hesitated.

“Hi Jaebeom,” said Jaejoong’s fiancée. Jaejoong and I both stopped talking and we looked at them.

“Hi Eun Mi,” responded Jay half-heartedly.

“Fancy us meeting you here. We were just shopping for our wedding.”

Jaejoong looked unpleased. “You know each other?” he asked Eun Mi.

She nodded and Jaebeom stiffened next to me. “He was my ex-boyfriend.”

I was obviously extremely shocked. Situations like this only happen in dramas. I looked around quickly to see if there were any hidden cameras. When I found none I turned back to them and I smiled, “Hi, I am Jaejoong’s friend. I met you at his apartment a while back.” I tried to make this situation less awkward.

She smiled, “Yes, I remember.” She then looked at Jay and back at me. “You are Jaebeom’s friend as well?” questioned 
Eun Mi.

I nodded while Jaebeom said, “she’s my girlfriend.”
I turned around and looked at Jay. He just grabbed my hand and squeezed it hard.

I looked at Jaejoong and Eun Mi and smiled innocently. 
Eun Mi smiled sweetly. “It’s nice to meet you again Jaebeom. Ji Hyo, you too.”

I am usually a nice person but for some reason I wanted Eun Mi to go as far away as possible. Maybe it was the fact that Jaebeom looked very uncomfortable and unpleased. He was holding my hand tightly and he looked around; everywhere except Eun Mi. I wonder what she did to him. I wanted to ease his condition so I thought of the best excuse.

“Anyway, we need to go somewhere. I’ll talk to you soon Jaejoong,” I put on the best fake smile.

“Oh, where are you going?” asked Eun Mi innocently.

“Uhh, we were going to a club,” I answered. I don’t know why I said that but it was the first thing that popped into my head. Jaebeom looked at me and smiled warmly. He understood that I was trying to get us away from here. I was about to start walking away and say ‘bye’ when Eun Mi smiled.

“A club? I really want to go! Let’s go Jaejoong! Pleeeassse,” she gave him a puppy-eyed-look.

He smiled sheepishly and said okay.

Jaebeom and I stood there with wide eyes and mouths fully open.

“Which club were we going to again?” I asked Jaebeom. I wasn’t familiar with clubs at all. I’ve started going out only recently.

“We’ll go to “Toxic”, it’s the closest,” he said dead-toned and he took us there walking.

When we got in we sat on a table for four. Jaebeom was to my right and Jaejoong to my left. Eun Mi was right across from me. I wasn’t sure if she was taunting or just oblivious to everything.

Jaebeom ordered strong liquor and Eun Mi did the same. 
Jaejoong and I ordered juice. It was the first time I see Jay drink such a strong drink. Eun Mi was already at her 3rd cup and she looked tipsy. I felt really uncomfortable; unlike outside. I had a bad feeling about this.

“So, what do you work Jaebeom?” asked Jaejoong testing him.

“I am a business man,” he answered staring at him right in the eye.

“Oh I see. What do you do in particular,” Jaejoong tried again. I was starting to feel really weird now.

“I-“ he started but Eun Mi cut him off. “He deals with drugs and stuff like that,” she slurred and laughed.

Jay and I were shocked. Jaejoong was taken back and he stared at us.

I started to laugh and Jay said, “That was so funny. I thought you were serious for a second.” He laughed and looked at Eun Mi telling her to shut up.

“Jay has a plastic factory and his family owns a lot of other things as well,” I added. I wasn’t lying they really did.

Jaejoong looked at me again before talking. I had a feeling he did not believe us.

“I see, but it’s funny. Eun Mi never lies when she is drunk. I’m pretty sure of that.”

Of course! Jaejoong had to act as if he was a teacher. He took this situation like that as well.

“No one said she was lying. Just joking,” retorted Jaebeom.

“I’m not joking. Everyone knows you are a gangster! Show him your gun!” she kept on talking as if there was nothing 
wrong with that.

Jaejoong had a frown on his face and he got extremely angry.

==========================================================================================

Now that I re-read this it seems fast paced. But I am trying to end this :) Maybe another 10 chapters? It's because I'm also currently writing another fanfic. DO check it out! :D

==========================================================================================