Jealousy

In Love with a Masked Guy

After bidding goodbye to the members of EXO, Luhan ge drove me back home. As I was about to enter the gate, Luhan ge stopped me. 

"Mei, I know about your feelings. I just want to warn you, and of course protect you. You're aware that I had feelings for you before. Well, maybe I still have left but only in a platonic way. Of course I love you, but only as a sister. I've discarded those feelings long ago. But I'll keep my promise and I will protect you no matter what. Tell me if that Daehyun hurts you okay?" He said as stared at you lovingly. 

You were speechless. Of course you knew about his feelings few years ago. And you also knew that he has moved on already. But being this protective? It's certainly a new side of his. But you were touched that he's still willing to protect you, not forgetting the promise he had made when you were younger. 

Flashback

12 years ago A/N This happened when you were 7 years old.

"Mei mei!!" He shouted as he approached you. You were sitting on the grass while crying after hearing that you were engaged to Luhan since birth. Yes, you were arranged to get married in the future. 

You just continued crying until arms enveloped you and consoled you. 

"Don't worry mei, I'll do anything so that that marriage won't happen." He said as hhe hugged you tighter. 

"But ge, it's already decided. We can't do anything to change that." You said as you broke the hug and looked into his eyes. 

"I know. But I won't dare to steal your happinness, isn't it? Just trust you gege. I'll go anything for you, my princess."  He said as he hugged you again. 

8 years ago. 

"Mei, don't get mad at me okay? I'll be leaving for Shanghai tomorrow. I got into a scholarship there." Luhan informed you. 

"But you promised me that you won't leave me." You said as you moped.

"Yes, I did. But didn't I promise that I'll do anything not to steal your happinness? I'm doing this to cancel the agreement our parents had a few years back. Turst me in this okay?" 

"Yes, but you're going to leave me alone! I though you love me?" 

"Of course I do. And that is why I'll be doing this. Sure, I love you as a woman, but I know that you don't love me the same way as I love you. I'm doing this becuase I don't want to force you into marrying someone that you treat as a brother. That's like ! Of course, I want to get married to you, but my love for you is that great. I'm willing to sacrifice anything just for your freedom and happinness. So just bear with me okay? I'm doing this for the both of us."

"But ge--" You said as you began crying.

"I know, I'll miss you too." He said as tears were streaming down his face already and he hugged you as well. 

"I'm so sorry gege." You said as you cried harder.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. I know that you won't look at me the same way. And I'm not that selfish to force you to love me. But promise me, whenever you find the man of your dreams, you need to tell me okay?" He said as he kept on consoling you. 

"Of course ge. Thank you very much. And again, I'm so sorry." 

"I need to go now. Thank you and goodbye." He said as he hugged you tighter and kissed your cheek and then left. 

End of Flashback

"Mei? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Luhan's voice woke you up from your trance. 

"Nothing. I just remembered those days. When we made a promise to one another." You said as you wiped your tears. 

"Oh. That." He said as pain can be seen in his expression.

"Ge, during that time, I'm so sorry." 

"No need mei. Like I said, I'm willing to sacrifice anything for you." He said with a bittersweet smile. 

"You know ge, you're such a wonderful man. That unnie will be so lucky to have you."

"I know. Thank you." He joked.

"Ge, you're being so arrogant again!" You whined as you slapped his arm. "Ouch!" He said in pain. "But I'm really sorry. Now I feel burdened and guilty for hurting such a wonderful man." You said as you hugged him. 

"Don't feel burdened mei. I was the one who chose to do this. I'm doing this for both of us. I want you to be happy with the man you truly love, and not forced to love someone like me." He said as he s his arm on your waist while his other hand pat your hair. 

"Don't look down on yourself ge. Like I said, you're a wonderful person." 

"I know. You kept on saying that. Are you sure you're not in love with me?" He said, a glint of mischievousness in his eyes and smiled

"Ge!" You said as you playfully hit him again. 

"Ara, ara. Now go inside. Your boyfriend is waiting for you already. I can sense jealousy up to here." He said as he broke the hug and ruffled your hair. 

"Aish." You said as you stuck your tongue out. "Mehrong." 

"Now shoo!" He said as he hugged you once again. 

"Thank you again, ge." 

"No problem, mei. Now go." He said as he looked at you skipping towards the door. 

"Be happy for her, Luhan." He muttered as he left.