The Engagement Party

In Love with a Masked Guy

The week went by and it was soon your engagement party.

"(your name), we better go now!" Your mom said as she knocked on your door.

"Arasso." You said as you went outisde, wearing a peach dress.

"Aigo, you're so beautiful~" Your mom exclaimed  as she pinched your cheeks.

"Omma, let's go." you said as you walked a head of her and went straight inside the car.

While you were on your way to the hotel, your dad said a shocking statement.

"I think Ilhoon is in love with you already." He teased.

"What, there's no way." you said in defense. 

"Haha, of course. But I think he'll become heels over head with you in the long run." He said with confidence.

"Aish, this can't happen! Has he thought of a plan yet?"

After 30 mins

"Let's go sweety. You have to re do your make up." Your mom said as she walked inside the hotel and led you to a dressing room.

"I'll just greet the visitors. Be ready in 15 mins okay?" Your mom said as she went outside of the room.

"Aish." You said in irritation.

While you were having your make up fixed,  there was a knock on the door.

"Come in" you said with a y tone.

"Aigo, is that the way to talk to your future husband?" He teased as he stood beside you.

You just glared at him.

He then faced your make up artist and smiled at her.

"Will you please give us a moment?" He said, flashing his smile.

"Sure." The make up artist said as she went outside.

"To be frank, make up made you look gorgeous." He teased you again.

"Aish, will you stop teasing me and tell your plan already!" You said as you punched his arm.

"Arasso arasso. The truth is, I haven't thought of anything yet." 

"BWOH?!?! Are you kidding me!?!?" You shouted as you stood up.

"Chill. I'm just joking okay?" 

"Will you stop joking me and spit it out!" You exclaimed witha anger and irritation.

"Okay, the plan is, we won't show up on the day of our "marriage." Simple." He said.

"What, you call that simple? How are we supposed to face the consequences?"

"Run away from them." 

"WHAT?!?! God, I think you're plans are awful!" You hissed.

"Awful, then think of a better one."

"Uhm...."

After a few mintues.

"See. You can't even think of a better suggestion." 

"Okay, running away is simple, but how will we face the consequences? And we're both only child. We will ruin our family's name if we won't do this."

"But as you said, you don't want to follow their ing plans anymore. Same for me. I'm tired of being their slave. I want to live my own life, have my own life and enjoy my own life. I want to do what I love, and love what I do."

"But how can we do that if we're forced to do this." You asked him again.

"That's why we're going to run away." He smirked.

"Easily said, hard to do. if ever I ran away, I won't have money to support myself, I don't have a place to stay in and the worst part is, I don't know anyone outside. You know what I mean." You said as you looked down in shame.

"That's it? I'll help you."

"What?"

"I'll help you. I have enough money since I have my own business. My parents do not know about this, but I've been doing trading business, car trading to be specific. I can lend you some since I've saved up enough already. You can use it as your capital and make your own business and pay me whenever you want. No interest. Nice deal right?"

"Are you really sure about that?" 

"Of course I am. We're friends right? And supposed to be, husband and wife."

"Okay, thank you for that. But supposed I take that, I don't have any place to go to."

"That's not a problem either. I have a cousin and you can live there."

"WHAT?!?"

"Oh, that's not a problem. He's sort of the rebel of our family. He lives with five of his friends. It's really cool because they live in a house that can shelter 20 people, and they're only six." 

"But isn't it rude if I just barge in? And they're all guys!" 

"Hahaha, of course not. I'll inform them after the party. And you're safe with them. Trust me."

"But.."

"No more buts. Now, let's get this show started.  Oh, just follow the flow okay?" he said as he held your hand and the both of you went outside.

You were waiting behind the doors which were separating you from the audience. When you heard your names, you opened the door and walked along the aisle, still holding each other's hands.

While you were walking, you both heard murmurs about you being the perfect couple and so on.

When you arrived at the presidential table, everyone applauded.

Both of you sat down and the rest also sat down.

Then both of your parents appeared.

"Thank you for attending our children's engagement party." His dad said.

"It's an honor for all of us to present our children to you." Your dad said.

They all gave their speeches while the both of your were still smiling to the audience, acting like you're in love with each other.

"Yah, what if they make us kiss?" You said while still smiling.

"just as I said a while ago, follow the flow."

"No way. You'll steal my first kiss!"

"Trust me, i won't really kiss you okay? just follow the flow."

Then as they heard you, both of your fathers ordeed you to kiss.

Ilhoon held your hand both of you stood up. He then went closer to our face, tilting it to the right and made it look like you kissed.

The crowd cheered and applauded with the scene in front of him.

After a few more seconds, he "broke" the kiss.

"Aigo, they're a perfect fit." Your mother commented as you sat down.

After 30 mins, the party came to an end.

"I thank everyone for coming and attending our engagement party. I can't express my gratitude to all fo you. Hope to see you next week, for our marriage." Ilhoon said charismatically to the audience.

He then handed you the mic and smiled.

"Uhm, I really appreciate all of your efforts. Again, thank you for coming. Hope to see you next week!" You said. You then placed the mic on the table. Ilhoon stood up, still holding your hand, and the both of you bowed to them

"Thank you! See you next week!" Both of your parents said as you exited the hall.

Once you were out of sight, both of you laughed with content.

"So, are we sticking to the plan?" He asked you.

"Of course we are."

"Okay then. I'l inform my cousin right away. For now, act like you're exited with our marriage. I'll just text you when to go to my cousin's place okay?" He said as he offered you a handshake.

"Arasso. Thank you for everything, Ilhoon ssi."

"Drop the formalities and just call me oppa."

"Arasso. Thank you again, Ilhoon oppa."

"No problem, my dongsaeng." He said as he ruffled your hair.

"Aish, you ruined my hair!" You complained as you playfully hit him his chest.